No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although Essendon obviously did the wrong thing and were banned accordingly - what this report shows is that government/government agencies are corrupt and run their own agenda’s. The people running ASADA should receive their own sanctions for this (lose their job) as it is nothing other than corruption to change the details on the website to sure up their case and then not notify the Essendon legal team of it for the court case, yet use it in their evidence. These sorts of things happen far too often and most are oblivious to the majority of cases it happens.

So you're buying it then... okaaayyy...

With respect mate, look at the source. Don't be manipulated. Justice was done... more or less... eventually. Case closed.
It's only cheats and their supporters who are interested in undermining important organizations like ASADA, who are there to protect our young athletes and our sporting competitions.

Although Essendon obviously did the wrong thing and were banned accordingly - what this report shows is that government/government agencies are corrupt and run their own agenda’s. The people running ASADA should receive their own sanctions for this (lose their job) as it is nothing other than corruption to change the details on the website to sure up their case and then not notify the Essendon legal team of it for the court case, yet use it in their evidence. These sorts of things happen far too often and most are oblivious to the majority of cases it happens.

They didn't need to change anything on the website to shore up any case, the drug was banned under a catch-all no matter whether it appeared on the Check Your Substances page. This is why if it doesn't appear on the CYS page, athletes are still told not to take it before confirming with ASADA. What they're looking for is confirmation it's approved.

If it had listed TB4 and said it was approved in sport, that would be a story. They just added it to the list because it came to their attention due to the self-report most likely. There are plenty of drugs right now that are banned but would come up with nothing in a CYS search.

It's not all that dissimilar to the concept of drug analogues in criminal law.

Let's not lose sight of the process that occurred. Up until wada stepped in * pretty got a wet lettuce punishment. It was filed under 'mismanagement'. Typical brush under the carpet attempt. Asada were incompetent but favoured letting * off, not full persecution.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

As I posted on Twitter, there are only three relevant questions to ask, and you'd hope a reputable journo would have before publishing:

1) Does a substance not being on the Check Your Substances website make it permitted? [No]
2) Did anything state TB4 was permitted? [No]
3) Did any player search for and mistakenly rely on it not being there? [No]

There's literally no story here. And especially not one which 'casts doubt on the ruling'.

Thought the same thing

To illustrate the point. If some doctor said to me they've found this new drug 'Warnerfool' and recommended I take it, if I go to the Check Your Substances website and type that in it will have nothing (but give me the warning that doesn't mean that's ok to take and to contact ASADA).

I contact ASADA because I'm a diligent athlete following my responsibilities and ASADA look into it and advise me that it's actually banned under a catch-all provision. They didn't just ban it, it was always banned, they just clarified the situation. Because I asked about it they now think it's worth adding to the Check Your Substances page in case any other athlete searches for it.

Or alternatively, they confirm it's fine to use, and they add it to the Check Your Substances page and list it as approved.

If it doesn't appear at all on the page then that should ring alarm bells that it's something unusual or new, not give you the message it's fine.

To illustrate the point. If some doctor said to me they've found this new drug 'Warnerfool' and recommended I take it, if I go to the Check Your Substances website and type that in it will have nothing (but give me the warning that doesn't mean that's ok to take and to contact ASADA).

I contact ASADA because I'm a diligent athlete following my responsibilities and ASADA look into it and advise me that it's actually banned under a catch-all provision. They didn't just ban it, it was always banned, they just clarified the situation. Because I asked about it they now think it's worth adding to the Check Your Substances page in case any other athlete searches for it.

Or alternatively, they confirm it's fine to use, and they add it to the Check Your Substances page and list it as approved.

If it doesn't appear at all on the page then that should ring alarm bells that it's something unusual or new, not give you the message it's fine.
But that screams "stitch up" to me!

If I were a delusional, brain dead * supporter.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nope. If a drug/substance is not on an approved list, as a professional athlete, you can’t use it. It cannot be any more simple than that.

It was probably added to the banned list because they were getting enquires about it from multiple sources.

The timing is irrelevant because it was not approved for therapeutic human consumption.
I agree JAB fully - only the timing stinks of corruption. One day before Essendon was told to self report is as dodgy as. People have so much faith in governments without realising that the biggest criminals run our governments and use the legal system to do so. That’s my opinion anyway and I know of more serious examples personally how this happens.

Let's not lose sight of the process that occurred. Up until wada stepped in * pretty got a wet lettuce punishment. It was filed under 'mismanagement'. Typical brush under the carpet attempt. Asada were incompetent but favoured letting * off, not full persecution.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
True but it was corrupt not incompetence. The way they did it and their intention is corruption not incompetence. There may have been incompetence initially, but when you are a governing body and you you secretly make a changes to what is to be shown to athletes, when it is directly related to a case that is being looked into and then use it as evidence in a case like they did whilst the other side is not made aware of this change at this time - it’s corruption. That is my point and this goes on all the time in governments. We only just hear about it rarely.

It's funny how these things get reported on the news, flicking stations this morning on the radio:

SEN: Timmy's station, Headline: * FC supplement saga, TB4 not on the flagged list of the website until Feb 4 2013, the night before self reporting.

MMM: *FC supplement saga, TB4 not on the flagged list of the website until Feb 4 2013, however had been banned since 2010.

True but it was corrupt not incompetence. The way they did it and their intention is corruption not incompetence. There may have been incompetence initially, but when you are a governing body and you you secretly make a changes to what is to be shown to athletes, when it is directly related to a case that is being looked into and then use it as evidence in a case like they did whilst the other side is not made aware of this change at this time - it’s corruption. That is my point and this goes on all the time in governments. We only just hear about it rarely.
Yep, I agree completely that often times government 'big and little' adjust and manipulate regulation to suit their own agenda etc. In some situations it's done with a great deal of premeditation, other times it is done on the fly. When it is done on the fly it is often about "the optics" of a situation. How a thing maybe perceived or in this particular case "covering your arse", to show that you are doing a good job.

I don't think that Asada were acting in a premeditated way, they were just trying to cover their arses. I also don't think that the AFL were acting in a premeditated way either (even they had known something was up for a long time before the s**t hit the fan) they just were trying to avoid the massive scandal.

I don't know enough about those running Asada at the time to speak of the moral quality of their actions, but I know enough of Demitriou pre and post the drug scandal, to believe he is corrupt enough to try and sweep it under the carpet. AFL headquarters just so happen to be incompetent as well.o_O

Lol, it's not corruption.
It's incompetence, mainly due to being underfunded.
So Stamos, what you are saying is that changing the site the day before they were pushed by Demetriou to self report was incompetence? Or due to coincidence?

I am in agreeable that Essendon are in the wrong and got their punishment justly. My point is that to win their agenda, rightly or wrongly - governing bodies regularly act corruptly to get their way.

So Stamos, what you are saying is that changing the site the day before they were pushed by Demetriou to self report was incompetence? Or due to coincidence?

I am in agreeable that Essendon are in the wrong and got their punishment justly. My point is that to win their agenda, rightly or wrongly - governing bodies regularly act corruptly to get their way.

I don’t think fixing an oversight is corruption

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you not add a new substance to the site once it came to your attention? It's neither incompetence nor coincidence.

I'm shocked to be sitting here :rolleyes:

I don’t think fixing an oversight is corruption
Cool mate. I like a lot of your posts and generally agree with you so I respect your opinion on this - it is just different to mine.
Not sure why you disliked my original post on this as it was an opinion that I think most would at least see my point of view that it looks dodgy. I bet if it were a judgement against Carlton and a similar thing happened, at least 90% Blues fans would be ropable.

Anyway, we move on.

This is Dodoro karma working it's magic right now.
Should've hurried the Fk up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'm shocked to be sitting here :rolleyes:
‘Shocked’?

Personally I get shocked when something really frightening happens.. like witnessing a serious car accident or something like that.

If you’re shocked at those comments - your life must be really scary. 😉

‘Shocked’?

Personally I get shocked when something really frightening happens.. like witnessing a serious car accident or something like that.

If you’re shocked at those comments - your life must be really scary. 😉

I just thought the Golden boys famous last words at the press conference were appropriate re the corruption of governing bodies. With regards to being shocked re corruption in governing bodies especially government, justice, medical, council, building etc, etc, Unfortunately, that's just life and requires it's very own thread.

I'm all for opening the investigation... because just my hunch and I'd probably be pretty close, that this investigation would uncover the amount of backdoor dealings and such the AFL jumped through for * to ensure a lot of stuff wasn't made public and also to minimise the ban from being longer than it probably should have been.

Wonder if Slobbo realises that * will keep telling him they did nothing wrong to protect themselves and the players as much as possible, because at the end of the day they're not going to go, yeah we did this, then that, and Dank guinea pigged this, then that... and Jobe grew a 3rd testi after he took this... and Ryder's newborn started glowing in the dark... etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back