No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 7000 Milestone & Beyond šŸ„³ - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

so if the stars align and its * vs black and white scum in the elimination final .. who do we want to win ?

Screw the streak. I would prefer the better team out of the finals.

That just means we get to watch them straight sets it. Much funnier. And all the hope their supporters have in their hearts right now is going to make it sting even more. Bless their cotton socks.
True finishing top 4 means having to play a very decent team first up like Sydney, Melbourne, GWS, doubt they finish top 2 so if interstate team will be travelling.

It's then up to the winners of the elimination finals to do their bit.

So FoxFooty think * have the hardest run home (last 8 games) and we have the easiest..

hmmm we still play GWS (away), Pies, Port (away) and Bulldogs in our last 8... wouldn't call those super easy... just because we get North, Saints, Hawks and Eagles (away) doesn't mean much as Saints and Hawks won't roll over and Eagles are improving and not super easy at home for the best part.

Fox analysis is genuis, shock and awe we have an easier run home. Neglected to mention, however prob due to having currently an 8 game run that would blow up most team's finals aspirations.

Talk to me in 3 weeks but currently 6 and 3 at this stage with wins over Melbs, GWS, and only soft losses to Collingwood, Geelong. Take that given injuries, accuracy and in my eyes game plan just ticking over as opposed to * for eg, firing at 110% across all lines. Unsustainable.

The Adelaide loss however is the fine white equatorial sand in the Labia Majora that is our only genuine slip up, purely of our own doing. I hope that 4 points does not cost us a top 4 spot come pointy end.

The rest I am OK about, strangely more relaxed about Sydney than last week. Things are tight but ok. We have a lot more upside than most.

Blues by 10 goals.....?!

Last edited:
So FoxFooty think * have the hardest run home (last 8 games) and we have the easiest..

hmmm we still play GWS (away), Pies, Port (away) and Bulldogs in our last 8... wouldn't call those super easy... just because we get North, Saints, Hawks and Eagles (away) doesn't mean much as Saints and Hawks won't roll over and Eagles are improving and not super easy at home for the best part.

The word ā€œbraveā€ has been reserved.

:rolleyes:

Fox analysis is genuis, shock and awe we have an easier run home. Neglected to be mentioned, however hazard a guess prob due to having currently an 8 game run that would blow up most team's finals aspirations.

Talk to me in 3 weeks but currently 6 and 3 at this stage with wins over Melbs, GWS, and only soft losses to Collingwood, Geelong. Take that given injuries, accuracy and in my eyes game plan just ticking over as opposed to * for eg, firing at 110% across all lines. Unsustainable.

The Adelaide loss however is the fine white equatorial sand in the Labia Majora that is our only genuine slip up, purely of our own doing. I hope that 4 points does not cost us a top 4 spot come pointy end.

The rest I am OK about, strangely more relaxed about Sydney than last week. Things are tight but ok. We have a lot more upside than most.

Blues by 10 goals.....?!

Haha the fine sand analogy made me giggle.

As for the drivel about the * hard run home vs our easy draw, nothing more than trying to set the narrative.

Does any other team play the level of difficulty we are in the middle of with 6 day breaks a common feature?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did anybody else see this was based on percentage not ladder position? IE: * having the worst percentage in the top 8 of course would mean their draw is hardest if you're putting your 97% up against the remainder of the 8/comp. Ours is "easiest" because we play the bottom sides but also the top 8 sides with (at this stage of the season) who all have percentage similar to us (currently)... stupid way to do it

Did anybody else see this was based on percentage not ladder position? IE: * having the worst percentage in the top 8 of course would mean their draw is hardest if you're putting your 97% up against the remainder of the 8/comp. Ours is "easiest" because we play the bottom sides but also the top 8 sides with (at this stage of the season) who all have percentage similar to us (currently)... stupid way to do it
FauxFooty are pandering to the * drug cheat supporters.

I hope they go on a losing streak starting at the bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mutual gratification session going on ā€œTalking Footyā€ tonight, the magnificent Bombers third on the ladder with a percentage of 98% - apparently this is fantastic.

:rolleyes:
It is fantastic though. They are going to hurt even more when the inevitable comes. Plus they'll cop the chokers tag. Plus get a top 6 draw for next season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mick McGaunes latest article -

Mick McGuane: The reasons behind *'s rise and the challenges still ahead

It's a funny read, no doubt begged by the Chief Footballer writer to pen it - some points and quotes;

• Stability - * looks to finally have that after many years of turmoil, not helped by the supplements saga.
  • Leadership - Brad Scott has a certain aura about him as a coach. Itā€™s not dissimilar to the aura that some of the great coaches have had, including Leigh Matthews, David Parkin and Kevin Sheedy. (why didn't he throw in Hird for good measure?)
  • Recruitment - Veteran list manager Adrian Dodoro has long been a punching bag for frustrated fans and some sections of the media. Much of that criticism has been unfair.

If you have a chance and are feeling constipated, read it whilst sitting on the dunny, you'll be cleared out from laughter before you can get to the 2nd paragraph.

Mick McGaunes latest article -

Mick McGuane: The reasons behind *'s rise and the challenges still ahead

It's a funny read, no doubt begged by the Chief Footballer writer to pen it - some points and quotes;

If you have a chance and are feeling constipated, read it whilst sitting on the dunny, you'll be cleared out from laughter before you can get to the 2nd paragraph.

Probably wrote this in between races in the Niddrie TABā€¦

It is fantastic though. They are going to hurt even more when the inevitable comes. Plus they'll cop the chokers tag. Plus get a top 6 draw for next season.

Donā€™t be silly. :p

The AFL media arenā€™t giving * the chokers tag, ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back