Sport Everything Soccer

Remove this Banner Ad

If the active groups had a brain between them they would dob in their own - that would get them endless brownie points and get the wolves away from their back doors.

If it really is a rouge element of a handfull of people - dob them in yourselves!

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/02/17/referee-in-argentina-shot-dead-by-player-he-sent-off/

Soccer isn't really my thing, but...

Referee in Argentina “shot dead by player he sent off”
According to reports in Argentina an amateur referee was shot three times and killed by a player he sent off.

Police in Argentina are still said to be searching for the man who shot the referee in the Cordoba province.

The Guardian has sourced some local reports on the shocking incident where it says that the “player retrieved a gun from his bag after being shown a red card, returned to the pitch and shot 48-year-old Cesar Flores dead.”

Efe news agency was told by a police source that: “It all happened during the football match. We don’t know [exactly what took place], but it appears the player was angry, fetched a gun and killed him.”

Local reports state Flores was shot in the head, chest and neck, plus another player, Walter Zarate, was injured but is now recovering.

So we're through to the next stage of qualifying. Final stage splits us into 2 groups of 6, the other 11 sides are:

Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, Japan, Thailand, South Korea, Uzbekistan, Iraq, Syria, UAE, China. Somehow we're ranked the 6th best side in Asia, so we're likely to get 2 of Iran, Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia and UAE in our group due to seedings.

If that's not the case, our group will hopefully be something like:

Australia, Thailand, Qatar, UAE, China, Saudi Arabia

So we're through to the next stage of qualifying. Final stage splits us into 2 groups of 6, the other 11 sides are:

Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, Japan, Thailand, South Korea, Uzbekistan, Iraq, Syria, UAE, China. Somehow we're ranked the 6th best side in Asia, so we're likely to get 2 of Iran, Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia and UAE in our group due to seedings.

If that's not the case, our group will hopefully be something like:

Australia, Thailand, Qatar, UAE, China, Saudi Arabia

If it is possible to avoid all of Iran, South Korea and Japan in the next group stage, that would be a massive (and lucky!) result for Australia.

If it is possible to avoid all of Iran, South Korea and Japan in the next group stage, that would be a massive (and lucky!) result for Australia.
Probably won't happen. Hoping we don't get Iran though. Or Syria.

mooy is so damn good - someting like 58 completed passes from 62 in the first half - and not all dicky sideways ones either, cutting key passes that result in crosses or releasing teammates into space.

i can watch him alllll day, and his attitude, unflappable.

is it just me or shouldnt the asian cup winner be ranked the first side in asia?
It includes Friendlies in the rankings. So while we challenge ourselves and play European sides like Germany and England, the teams "above" us just play the minnows of Asia like Vietnam and Hong Kong.

Andy Harper was saying on the telecast we'll avoid Japan and Iran in the next stage.
Good, but that means we'll cop South Korea.

Yeah my powers of deductive reasoning lead me to that conclusion too...
If we get a draw with them away we get through more than likely though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers final round Group B
AUSTRALIA

Japan
Saudi Arabia
United Arab Emirates
Iraq
Thailand

2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers final round Group A
Iran
Korea Republic
Uzbekistan
China PR
Qatar
Syria

Not the easiest

5472.jpg

Tell you what- I don't think I've ever seen a more emotional sporting farewell (well, maybe since Teddy lapped the MCG 21 years ago) than Archie Thompson's at Victory the other day.

Have really been enjoying this Euro/Copa America fest .. as much as i would a world cup. Always keen to see quality football!

Ive watched pretty much every game from both sides of the globe, and for me one thing has become plainly clear - well, i always knew it but it has just been reinfiorced.

England will never again win a major tournament of football (their one trophy is always up for debate but we dont go there)

I mean, they may have invented the game, but they have not moved one iota forward with it. They play mindless football, they have no craft, no guile.

They remind me of a kid playing FIFA, got his finger on sprint the entire time - the tempo is insane, but really how long can that last? how can you craft openings when you are just pinging back and forth in the red line physically? all you have is hoping the opossitioon are spent and cant get back with you.

Not only that but you see the astute euro countires, The Italians, the Germans, they have tactics in their DNA, they have gears, they know when to go and play tempo, they know when to sit back and wait, they have the ability to play to the corners when trying to ice a game - England have none of it, they cant close a game, all they do is keep going at the goals for 90 minutes and hope they have won at the end, theres no brain to it. They need to find gears, need to learn how to cum slowly, or fast depending on the situation...

...and the worst thing is English fans and media want this! they crave it! the bombastic end to end freneic play, they start whistling and booing if they string more than 6 passes together without going forward!

It kills me, you can have a nation so obessessed by a sport, yet cant get their s**t together to learn to play it properly.

Get some gears FFS!

As we speak its HT and the score is 0-0, you can already see them getting cagey, just pinging in hopefull cross after cross - they should win, but they are just feeding the defenders at the minute.

and the English are great at providing marauding full backs who can get forward, but how many can defend 1 v 1? Can just feel one of those games where they dominate posession and get caught once on the way back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back