Sport Everything Soccer

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved how luiz had hands in the air preaching innocence as his 6 studs were scraping down Fellini's knee

Cmon m8!

I don't think it was innocence, the look on his face was "I ****ed up, I'm so sorry"

I sink you are correct.

Mourinho's ability continues to be questioned by critics after a 4-0 loss to his old club Chelsea on Monday (AEDT) meant he had lost 13 of his previous 27 Premier League matches.

The Portuguese manager is living in The Lowry Hotel's Presidential Suite, while his family remains in London.

Speaking to Sky Sports ahead of the EFL Cup clash with Manchester City, Mourinho admitted, while laughing, that his personal life was being affected by the Paparazzi.

"For me, it's a bit of a disaster because I want sometimes to walk a little bit and I can't. I just want to cross the bridge and go to a restaurant. I can't, so it is really bad," Mourinho said.

"Buy a house? I do not know, I do not know. The reality is that my daughter will be 20 next week, my son will be 17 in a couple of months.

“They are very stable. University in London. Football in London. Friends. So they are in an age where they can’t chase me like they did before.

"So for the first time the family lives in a different way. We try to feel it, we try to see the evolution of our feelings and see how we cope with the situation."

It begins...

Mourinho's ability continues to be questioned by critics after a 4-0 loss to his old club Chelsea on Monday (AEDT) meant he had lost 13 of his previous 27 Premier League matches.

The Portuguese manager is living in The Lowry Hotel's Presidential Suite, while his family remains in London.

Speaking to Sky Sports ahead of the EFL Cup clash with Manchester City, Mourinho admitted, while laughing, that his personal life was being affected by the Paparazzi.

"For me, it's a bit of a disaster because I want sometimes to walk a little bit and I can't. I just want to cross the bridge and go to a restaurant. I can't, so it is really bad," Mourinho said.

"Buy a house? I do not know, I do not know. The reality is that my daughter will be 20 next week, my son will be 17 in a couple of months.

“They are very stable. University in London. Football in London. Friends. So they are in an age where they can’t chase me like they did before.

"So for the first time the family lives in a different way. We try to feel it, we try to see the evolution of our feelings and see how we cope with the situation."

It begins...

He says this like he's the only manager in history to have to move from country to country to earn a great living for his family.

Anyways, this is hopefully a slow burner. A narrow win against an understrength City keeps the wolves away for now...

did you read that in his stilted throaty accent?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barcelona FMD!!

I saw a post on another forum along the lines of 'all PSG had to do was not concede 5 goals and they were through.'

HAHAHAHA

The soccer equivalent of the Warriors being up 3-1 :D

anyone want to chat socceroos?

cmon fodzilla Stopher gimme something!

its come to the pointy end... again, 2 games left to qualify.

Thoughts on the genral malaise running through our set up? The ange bashing warranted? Did he choose a poor time to change formations? Is it the right formation to go with in the first place?

Clearly is the latest fashion thanks to copnte and co - but not everyone has a kante in the guts doing the work of three... anyhow thats besides the point.

We have clearly regressed since the Asain cup, accoriding to ange he was gojng to build a base of players from there and start to solidify a line up - yet we still are trying new players 2 years on, and still dont have a settled line up less than a year out from WC.

Its fun times, staying up til th wee hours to watcnh the confed cup, perfect time to fine tune our game for the last two qualiofiers agaisnt elite company. For everything that is said about the 3 at the back, it takes time and practice, we have a bunch of lads that never play together - the more games the better if he is going to persist... funny though we seem to come good in games second half after subs basically render it a flat back 4 anyway.

so, last night v germany

well, Germany youth team to be precise.. could have been ugly - ended respectable (on the score board atleast)

we were deplorable in the first half, the whole idea of wing backs becomes defunt when they are spending 80% of the time defending - who is making forward runs???

Anyway, to our personal - i think we have the makings of a good front half - Juric is the guy to persist with, can hold the ball up, is good at his feet, has a good turn, good finish, and good in the air - maybe a viduka lite. Leckie and Kruse are pacy but have questionable end result - which brings us to the star duo - Mooy and Rogic. I happen to think rogic is in another rhealm to Mooy - and im mooys biggest fan. Its just that he is very one paced, he makes his game on using his body, and letting the ball run past him, knocking it about - works wonders in club football - in elite company they just run through him. Besides, his workrate isnt there when the opposition have the ball - in this company your movment without the ball is as important as your play with it. Moreover - i reckon oppopments do their homework and know hes the guy to sit on, cause he starts everything good for us.For mine, i think he should play deep, at the base of a midfield 2. can pull the strings from there and have a touch more space.

Rogic has star factor, hes a guy who can glide past anyone, hes a meters gained type, and a great finisher, has the potential in my eyes to be in our top 5 best players ever - he has that ability and x factor.

I think Toisi is the other ace up the sleeve, reckon he needs to start - Luongo needs a spell. Jedianak is inj, i had gone off him, was givcing the ball up far too much but after seeing milligan.. id take him back in a second!

Juric
Leckie Rogic Troisi Kruse
Mooy
Smith Sainsbury Spiranovic Franic
Ryan

yeh nah? would be my preffered line up maybe if all avail.

our defense is woeful - can only have 3 at the back if you fully trust your cb's. I dont see how we can trust wright or degenek...

beich and leckie are so spent defensivley that the times they do get a chance to get fwd their are so leggy they mess up the cross, or dotn even get that far.

lets keep it simple ange, less getting defensive in the media, more playing to how we know, play to our strengths.

Fozzie has a thing, he always says it, a nationmal teams playing style, should match their national identiy. We are a country that has a fair go, never gives in, and tough but fair.

what happened to our tougness on the pitch? we are too easy to play against, bring back the physical nature of our play along with the skill.

Last edited:
Juric or Cahill up top, Rogic in behind with 2 genuine wide players, Mooy and Jedinak behind with Mooy having a bit more creative license and a flat back four.

we've had so much success with some kind of 4/4/2 or 4/5/1 variant I don't know why we changed

Last edited:
Juric or Cahill up top, Rogic in behind with 2 genuine wide players, Mooy and Jedinak out wide with Mooy having a bit more creative license and a flat back four.

we've had so much success with some kind of 4/4/2 or 4/5/1 variant I don't know why we changed

according to Les Murray Ange has an all attack philosopy, and he believes the back 3 with wing backs is the most attacking of all. Personally i dont see how a 4 3 3 is any less attacking. Besides, if your wing backs are camped back - you just end up so narrow and bereft of forward movement its not funny

We either need to go the 4-4-2 Diamond or the 4-2-3-1. The latter is our best formation IMO, especially since Juric seems comfortable playing the lone striker. For me it should be:

Ryan
Wright - Spiranovic - Sainsbury - Smith
Mooy - Jedinak
Leckie - Rogic - Troisi
Juric
You can always turn that into a diamond if you push Rogic as a forward and Mooy at the top of the diamond.

We either need to go the 4-4-2 Diamond or the 4-2-3-1. The latter is our best formation IMO, especially since Juric seems comfortable playing the lone striker. For me it should be:

Ryan
Wright - Spiranovic - Sainsbury - Smith
Mooy - Jedinak
Leckie - Rogic - Troisi
Juric
You can always turn that into a diamond if you push Rogic as a forward and Mooy at the top of the diamond.

still not sold on wright but i guess we are not flush with options

i reckon we are a good show against cameroon - leaving a live game against chile ay?

still not sold on wright but i guess we are not flush with options

i reckon we are a good show against cameroon - leaving a live game against chile ay?
Wright is still decent.

Has Smith ever played RB?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back