Science/Environment Extinction Rebellion

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to risk the future of your grand kids by plowing on regardless then good on you. I don't.

It's an asinine argument that some people want to risk their grandchildren's future and others don't.

Do you support Extinction Rebellion's 'demands' to reduce Australia's CO2 emissions to zero by 2015?

What would be the implications of such a policy on private car use, public transport, international air travel, heating and cooling of homes, industry use of electricity?

Do you support Extinction Rebellion's demand for a non elected Citizens’ Assembly that dictates to the elected government on 'climate and ecological justice'?

There will be too many of my vegan polyamorous bisexual exes there for me to be safe anywhere near the protest.
Sometimes people post things in jest. Sometimes people pretend to post things in jest, but they're actually being serious. I can tell that your post is the latter. You can't fool me!

What's more important, a businessman who can't work for one hour and can't get a latte or the people trying to draw attention to the coming ecological disaster and mass extinction of animal species, insects and flora?

You remind me of those nutcases insisting Hird had done nothing wrong.

#standbygreta

.Put a price on carbon and the protesters will go away.

Hasnt stopped the zealots protesting in London.

That's what happens when you are no longer allowed to discipline your kids. As soon as they outlawed the smack on the bum I knew we were in strife. No discipline, lack of family values and strong foundations = entitled shits.

If that was my son doing yoga on a bridge like that I'd march in, throw him over my knee and tan his arse with my dominant hand. If the pain doesn't get him the embarrassment of being filmed on and spread on social media with.
Are we to take from this gibberish that you are in favour of assaulting people who are smaller than you? What an unsavoury toad you are.

Derp. You need to read up on climate changes before the industrial revolution.
Derp.

You need to read... anything but the s**t you’re reading. It’s obviously messing with your head.

Every time a climate denier opens their mouth, God creates a reality TV show.

That's what happens when you are no longer allowed to discipline your kids. As soon as they outlawed the smack on the bum I knew we were in strife. No discipline, lack of family values and strong foundations = entitled shits.

If that was my son doing yoga on a bridge like that I'd march in, throw him over my knee and tan his arse with my dominant hand. If the pain doesn't get him the embarrassment of being filmed on and spread on social media with.
How could anyone have guessed that you beat children?

How could anyone have guessed that you beat children?
Discipline = beating does it? Way to be overdramatic. If some people in here were disciplined as kids maybe they wouldn't be so entitled and overdramatic

It was tongue in cheek. How predictable that you would twist it to suit your spin. That's never happened in any thread you've ever visited... :drunk:

Smacking is on the decline yet youth suicide is rising. IMO there is a correlation there, combine that with furries, vegans and gender diverse and a few more beat downs should square things up.

also grown adults are posting this

There is too little bullying atm.

You remind me of those nutcases insisting Hird had done nothing wrong.

#standbygreta

Hasnt stopped the zealots protesting in London.
Thanks for your lame input champ.What's your solution? Do what Alan Jones says?? lol. If you can't contribute anything truthful don't bother champ.You hate Greta because Andrew Bolt told you too. She has more brains and courage than you buddy bud, but mocking young girls is all good for you.

Smacking is on the decline yet youth suicide is rising. IMO there is a correlation there, combine that with furries, vegans and gender diverse and a few more beat downs should square things up.

also grown adults are posting this

Theres is too little bullying atm.

Geezuz mate ,more smacking = less suicide!!?? Come on mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's fatherlessness, moreso than smacking specifically, that is the problem. No dad = lack of discipline in the home = more messed up kids.
Dicipline and boundaries is fair enough but I was smacked and I resent it until this day

Discipline = beating does it? Way to be overdramatic. If some people in here were disciplined as kids maybe they wouldn't be so entitled and overdramatic

It was tongue in cheek. How predictable that you would twist it to suit your spin. That's never happened in any thread you've ever visited... :drunk:
I will take your word on your denial that you physically assault small humans.

I will take your word on your denial that you physically assault small humans.
Considering I don't have any "small children" I guess you will.

This is all that is needed (a nice gentle smack to let them know that they messed up):

If you have a big enough yard you could make them run a few laps or do some pushups. A lack of discipline is why forums like this are a complete mess and full of entitled virtue signallers that are emotionally unstable. If you had been swatted a few times Chief I think you could have been a better human being.

Considering I don't have any "small children" I guess you will.

This is all that is needed (a nice gentle smack to let them know that they messed up):

If you have a big enough yard you could make them run a few laps or do some pushups. A lack of discipline is why forums like this are a complete mess and full of entitled virtue signallers that are emotionally unstable. If you had been swatted a few times Chief I think you could have been a better human being.

So you don't have children, but you have all the answers on child discipline? You can tell who was disciplined as a child and who wasn't, just from the way they disagree with your asinine waffle?

Please. :rolleyes:

You know nothing.

Without a little bullying, we wouldn't have had great minds like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. If these nerds hadn't copped a couple of wedgies as teenagers, they never would've developed ambitions for greatness. Too much bullying is a bad thing sure, but you need a just little... for balance.

Without a little bullying, we wouldn't have had great minds like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. If these nerds hadn't copped a couple of wedgies as teenagers, they never would've developed ambitions for greatness. Too much bullying is a bad thing sure, but you need a just little... for balance.
You're being stupid. Again.

I heard yesterday that the 97% consensus stat was brought about by a group searching 11,000 papers for the words "man made climate change" and if that was present the entry was considered to be in consensus without reading the paper itself, when those papers were later reviewed it was shown that less than 1% actually attributed the majority of climate change to man made actions.

I don't know if that's accurate but it would be an example of getting your RealFacts(tm) out there and working without it needing to be accurate, still serving the purpose.

For the purpose of climate change discussion the difference between "the majority of climate change caused by man" and "not the majority of climate change caused by man" is very important.

Treating some as though it is all when it suits your argument is disingenuous.

Kinda sounds like the 1 in 5 women being the victim of sexual assault being worked out by considering any woman who had experienced any sexual activity after drinking as had being assaulted.

Kinda sounds like the 1 in 5 women being the victim of sexual assault being worked out by considering any woman who had experienced any sexual activity after drinking as had being assaulted.

The funniest part about this is that there are still people out there (like some of the people posting in the Feminism thread) who actually believe that stat.

Do you have a link?
Surely the most suspicious “97 percent” study was conducted in 2013 by Australian scientist John Cook — author of the 2011 book Climate Change Denial: Heads in the Sand and creator of the blog Skeptical Science (subtitle: “Getting skeptical about global warming skepticism.”). In an analysis of 12,000 abstracts, he found “a 97% consensus among papers taking a position on the cause of global warming in the peer-reviewed literature that humans are responsible.” “Among papers taking a position” is a significant qualifier: Only 34 percent of the papers Cook examined expressed any opinion about anthropogenic climate change at all. Since 33 percent appeared to endorse anthropogenic climate change, he divided 33 by 34 and — voilà — 97 percent! When David Legates, a University of Delaware professor who formerly headed the university’s Center for Climatic Research, recreated Cook’s study, he found that “only 41 papers — 0.3 percent of all 11,944 abstracts or 1.0 percent of the 4,014 expressing an opinion, and not 97.1 percent,” endorsed what Cook claimed. Several scientists whose papers were included in Cook’s initial sample also protested that they had been misinterpreted. “Significant questions about anthropogenic influences on climate remain,” Legates concluded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back