FAHEY - concedes his comments were based on ....well, nothing

Remove this Banner Ad

It isnt good news at all. Its a farce, where the head of the world anti doping agency feels he can comment on a case that is still under investigation using no genuine information from the investigators.
No, this quote from you is a farce.
If there was never an ACC report this would never have happened.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I don't believe he knows any more than the AFL, no. The AFL were at the player interviews and have been briefed by ASADA. Fahey hasnt

You take too much from the AFL comments regarding infraction notices from the interim report. The was never ever going to be enough evidence for infraction notices in the interim report as Individual players were not named

Fahey is merely trying to make himself seem neutral from any impeding charges. It's a bit like when a coach speaks out about a player going to the MRP before the case.

Hate to say I told ya so...nah * it...I love telling you I TOLD YOU SO!

His comments were nothing more than emotive language with no substance to some how save the ASADA/AFL image after the 'Hird can't be paid in 2014 but here is a few million dollars for Christmas now anyway' crap.

The AFL and WADA are nothing more than glorified political parties.

Hate to say I told ya so...nah **** it...I love telling you I TOLD YOU SO!

His comments were nothing more than emotive language with no substance to some how save the ASADA/AFL image after the 'Hird can't be paid in 2014 but here is a few million dollars for Christmas now anyway' crap.

Yes because his second statement is really believable after the emphatic first statement he made

Hate to say I told ya so...nah **** it...I love telling you I TOLD YOU SO!

Oh the ironing.

Fahey regretting giving an interview after a few wines...

Dreaming if people think Fahey doesn't know more than us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness to those who are calling Fahey out on this I must admit I do wonder about his broader motivations (not that I claim to know the man very well). The fact this particular interview was given to the Australian Financial Review does indicate the audience he was aiming for; and after making strong statements about things he must have know would get him attention, and airtime, the interview moves onto:

AH - “The entrees arrive ……which gives me the opportunity to ask whether he’s looking to wind down his workload.”

JF - “There are a couple of things happening; if they come to pass, I will be a busy boy for the next few years.”

AH - “Those opportunities are in the private sector and he won’t say what they are.”

The rest of the conversation then moves on to politics where John takes a few easy pot shots at Abbott inc.

Looking for work in the private sector?

Or sending a message to those ingrates in his own party (avid readers of the AFR one and all) who whilst now in power have seemingly overlooked him for a nice, fat, cushy retirement consultation role with some obscure department including long lunches (3hrs it seems), high pay and few expectations?

I’m guessing he might just get a call now he has reminded Tony what a media thorn he can be if he is not properly ‘engaged’. I am pretty sure the Liberals would be keen to downgrade the Labour parties ‘darkest day in Australian sport’ to merely ‘cloudy with showers’ and it seems to me that this article is a statement from John that that’s going to be a lot harder to do unless they get a leash on employ him.

Just my vibe………but I am wrong a lot. :D

Tania was in the thick of the negotiations between Hird and Vlads AFL. Given the results of her outburst yesterday I don't think "farce" is the word I'd be using.
The negotiations Tania Hird was talking about was between Essendon and Hird. Not the AFL. And in the News Ltd article I linked it referred to the Hird/Essendon payment arrangement as "secret". Not an Age article, a News Ltd one.

Fahey regretting giving an interview after a few wines...

Dreaming if people think Fahey doesn't know more than us.

I have no doubt Fahey knows more than me.

I also have not doubt that Fahey could be given a winning lottery ticket and he would find some way to utensil it all up and end up with nothing.

Essendon are guilty, we will see infraction notices and this will then lead to some ugly situations down the line which will take years for our club to come back from.

But Fahey is still an idiot.

I'm no Essendon fan but I don't think they'll receive infraction notices.

They should but I reckon they won't.

I take your word Jeff.

You have as much credibility as Fahey.:D

Wether he's right or wrong it was clearly not his place not to comment on the situation hes clearly a giant douchebag. Can't believe he's still employed TBH.

Do you think the Boss of WADA is going to reveal evidence to the scheming Hird camp.

Wether he's right or wrong it was clearly not his place not to comment on the situation hes clearly a giant douchebag. Can't believe he's still employed TBH.

So. If the people in positions where they know what's going on say nothing, or make non committal statements, then that's a clear indication that Essendon did nothing wrong. Because they didn't come out and say that the axe is hovering, and are clearly all incompetent and/or conspiring to keep a dead investigation alive.

But when the same people say that charges are coming, they are douches. who should be sacked.

Fahey merely spoke common sense.

WADA has ruled that a number of substances that Essendon have admitted taking were banned at the time.

As such its just a matter of putting the evidence together (if they can) and the charges will flow. It does not matter what Essendon think about AOD and other compounds they took, once WADA says they are banned that is it, they are banned and if you have taken them and they gather enough evidence you will go down.

Essendon are welcome to take the WADA ruling re them being banned to court but as it stands Essendon has administered banned substances to its players. Its just a matter of whether it can be proved. Neither ASADA or the AFL have any say in what is banned, they merely follow the ruling of WADA.

Surely Fahey doesn't want to retire from WADA with the external and internal perception that he is leaving his post (in the highest echelons of Global Sport) at the same time there is a stench of a massive drugs cover up in his home country.

History would not rewrite that too well for him. Worst possible timing for him. He and us by association will look like scammers of the highest order. And why? To look after Hird. And he still takes the mill off the club he cripples. And Yes I certainly have read the interim report. ANy Essendon supporter who has read it and still backs Hird and the deflectors is not all there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back