Multiplat Fallout 76

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never been someone to sook about updates because I have decent net, but if I have to download 50gb every couple of weeks this game will be done for me pretty quick. Not really an acceptable size to put out.

Played this over the weekend with my brother, was very good fun, my only real issue that s**t me to tears was having to eat and drink literally every five minutes. I even loaded into a game the next day that I had left in completely fine health only to be completely hungry and thirsty.

I'll happily download 150g update if they fix that. I get games wanting to make things more realistic but don't do it to the detriment of a good experience. RDR2 does it right, I know when I need to eat in that game and I also never feel in danger of running out of food.

Played this over the weekend with my brother, was very good fun, my only real issue that s**t me to tears was having to eat and drink literally every five minutes. I even loaded into a game the next day that I had left in completely fine health only to be completely hungry and thirsty.

I'll happily download 150g update if they fix that. I get games wanting to make things more realistic but don't do it to the detriment of a good experience. RDR2 does it right, I know when I need to eat in that game and I also never feel in danger of running out of food.
Certainly a feature i could do without, having to stop half way through a quest to cook food isnt realistic either and very annoying.

Certainly a feature i could do without, having to stop half way through a quest to cook food isnt realistic either and very annoying.

Yep, needs to be massively nerfed. I don't mind having to eat and drink, I just don't want to be spending most of my time doing so.

Yep, needs to be massively nerfed. I don't mind having to eat and drink, I just don't want to be spending most of my time doing so.

Get perks like dromedary and slow metaboliser, there is literally food everywhere though if you make sure you use food and drink to heal up out of combat and save stimpacks for combat only it's not that bad.

Also if you get a bit of a farm going at your camp cook soups which do food and water

It's pretty stupid. Realism would be eating 3 times a day and having a real day/night cycle of 24 hours. Not 30 minutes = 12 hours. Not sure why games don't just go the whole hog but I'm sure focus groups have suggested it gets boring.

Get perks like dromedary and slow metaboliser, there is literally food everywhere though if you make sure you use food and drink to heal up out of combat and save stimpacks for combat only it's not that bad.

Also if you get a bit of a farm going at your camp cook soups which do food and water

I don't want to do any building whatsoever. Sure perks assist but it's still a ridiculous amount of eating and drinking for a exploration game.

It's pretty stupid. Realism would be eating 3 times a day and having a real day/night cycle of 24 hours. Not 30 minutes = 12 hours. Not sure why games don't just go the whole hog but I'm sure focus groups have suggested it gets boring.

You eat more than 3 times a day just sitting at a desk, try sprinting from super mutants in full armour and see how thirsty you get :p

I don't want to do any building whatsoever. Sure perks assist but it's still a ridiculous amount of eating and drinking for a exploration game.

You don't need to build but having a free fast travel point and acess to workbenches and a stash is helpful.

I've got a makeshift base up near the broken ticket machine quest because it costs too much to fast travel up there and it's literally one foundation with a bed and my stash, work benches all over the road, some turrets because occassionally there are radscorps when you travel back there, a water purifier and my farm for making vegetable starch for adhesive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love it if they raised the number of people per map significantly
24 is nowhere near enough for a map so big, can play for hours without running into anyone

That would require an entirely new engine.

But you are right the vault was designed to hold 500 at max capacity so 500 per server would make sense and give a sense of an actual community.

Last edited:
Any body care to comment on gameplay after the new patch this week ?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

After waiting so long to fix the token dispenser the ending was underwhelming.
I have heard people at the fps cap on pc had been upped to 144 and they have fixed the speed issues.
Other than that haven't really noticed any major differences, game still freezes when i quit to desktop but the in game stuff is fine.

Spent last night building my base got a few more things to change before it's done

I’m enjoying the game despite the lack of NPCs. Having them would have made the game far better but I’ve always liked exploring the crazy worlds that get made in this environment.

Agree on water and eating. It’s the one major gripe I have with the game.

That protectron quest in Morgantown, I did once and had hardly any enemies until a mutant came and ruined it for me. Next time there was three times the villains!

I’m enjoying the game despite the lack of NPCs. Having them would have made the game far better but I’ve always liked exploring the crazy worlds that get made in this environment.

Agree on water and eating. It’s the one major gripe I have with the game.

That protectron quest in Morgantown, I did once and had hardly any enemies until a mutant came and ruined it for me. Next time there was three times the villains!

There are npc's though, the problem is they aren't typical Bethesda NPC's with dialogue options anjd the ability to make choices so even if they were human this wouldn't exist because it's an online game and you can't have single players making world changing decisions.

So even if there were Human npc's people would still piss and moan about it

It was interesting looking at the map last night how everyone was scattered to all four corners. It was somewhat less interesting when the game froze as I was looking at the map. Music kept playing, but I couldn't do anything

Last night was the first time I've had any bugs since launch (not that I've played a lot). A few freezes & got booted from the server 4 times in 2 hours.
Agree with the comment above re the multiplayer. i have mostly just been happy to go it alone, don't really want to pvp others. Did team up with a couple of randoms on the weekend though & we had a bit of a laugh.

I'm going to play through the "story" and the side quests i stumble on but once I'm done with that i'll be removing from my console. It's what i expected honestly, & it's OK, but its nothing amazing & has kinda gone with removing the things i liked from fallout and doubling down on things i didn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back