Multiplat Fallout 76

Mar 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Magic, Bills, Brewers, Sabres, F1
I'm getting into an argument on another forum about this. lol. The other person states that because the game is a 'spin-off' you're not allowed to compare it to previous Fallout titles. I'm saying that it still carries the Fallout name, the story is canon etc... basically cut and paste of Fallout 4 except for the fact it's online and has no NPC's. You know, kind of like a band that releases an album that's a little different in style from their previous albums, we should be allowed to compare them against each other etc.... What do you guys think? Because it's apparently a spin-off it's not comparable to previous Fallout's or otherwise?
It's has a fallout name so it needs to be judged as a fallout game - no spin off fanboy support ...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any tips re: thirst?

My character is constantly thirsty. Chugs a water.. 2 mins later thirsty again. I know there seems to be a perk that will help, but im only lv5 and its annoying the shizen outta me.

Apart from that im enjoying the usual BSG jank.

Collect bottles and get water then boil it.
Or if you want to get fancy get a small farm going and make soup or s**t like tato juice which does food as well.

I notice it a bit but I'm running level 2 dromedary for lack of anything better

I'm getting into an argument on another forum about this. lol. The other person states that because the game is a 'spin-off' you're not allowed to compare it to previous Fallout titles. I'm saying that it still carries the Fallout name, the story is canon etc... basically cut and paste of Fallout 4 except for the fact it's online and has no NPC's. You know, kind of like a band that releases an album that's a little different in style from their previous albums, we should be allowed to compare them against each other etc.... What do you guys think? Because it's apparently a spin-off it's not comparable to previous Fallout's or otherwise?

A spin off would be Far Cry 4 compared to Far Cry Primal, a complete change of the series.
You're 100% right, it's just a copy of F04 with online and no NPC. And it sounds like they are going to be putting a lot of time and support into it, which they generally don't do with a spin off

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

It is technically a Fallout spinoff. It's a game set in the world of Fallout, but it's not part of the typical Fallout series of games so you can't compare every bit of FO76 to the rest of them. Canon, lore, etc....... that's the kind of stuff you can make comparisons with, gameplay components not so much. It's like comparing the Warcraft series to World of Warcraft, same world, completely different games.

Warcraft to WoW is kind of apples to oranges though. One is a RTS the other is an MMORPG. Both of these games are just a Open world FPS are they not? Think its pretty fair to compare them to one another.

bloke just launched a nuke on my server, tried to go in in raider power armour and the rad damage is insane, didn't even get close to anything.

sZeDZ63.jpg

m4SLUKQ.jpg

Last edited:

AngryRanga

Yo Yeah
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Toby Greene, Man City, Timberwolves
Any reason why quests disappear? I don't even have any available main quests anymore, and I was making my way to some guys camp near Morgantown airport, and then when I took a break that went as well. Only got the overseer missions now?

Any reason why quests disappear? I don't even have any available main quests anymore, and I was making my way to some guys camp near Morgantown airport, and then when I took a break that went as well. Only got the overseer missions now?

They aren't bugs they are features.

I have no idea where i am supposed to go to follow the overseer anymore, seems like finding caches ahead of time breaks the quest

Jul 12, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton

if bethesda want the truckload of money that will come with slapping a fallout skin on anything, they should deal with the criticism that will come with it too. fan responses are interesting, reading the bethesda forums a lot. the fans might say 'this isn't the fallout for you' for someone who has some issues with the differences to old fallouts, but there's no way bethesda hasn't tried to cater to just about everyone for this (all the way down to the slap system).

as someone who is getting diminishing returns from each new fallout or elder scrolls, not so interested in this one but open to buying it. can't rag on it too much as i haven't played it, but it looks like it has most of the things that made fallout 4 and skyrim boring for me after about 30 hours of play. pretty though.

The_Todd07

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Red Sox 76ers
Had some pretty fun events tonight
First was simply 5 waves of scorched but just happen to be 4 or 5 of us rock up at the same time and the whole battle was hectic

2nd was in a factory trying to gather ingredients for food then kill the enemies trying to destroy the machines. Only 2 of us on that one and succeeded by the skin of our teeth

Proud SJW

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm thinking I'll stay with FO4 for now.
One of the things that keeps me around is the mod scene... honestly, my FO4 world looks much the same or better with regard to immersion details (trees, grass, weather, darkness etc) as 76 does. All green and foresty.

Add in things like Sim Settlements, Tales from the Commonwealth, Beantown Interiors, and the mega-mods like Fusion City and Valkyrie, and I've never finished a single playthrough since. I'm currently running about 20-30 mods from memory, I can't even remember how it feels to play vanilla.
Also, as far as I'm aware F4NV is still alive (well, they were still posting on Youtube a few weeks ago) so there's another option - playing Fallout:NV in FO4.

But 76 being a multiplayer game, means there won't be any mod scene, so the replayability factor (for me) is low.

PC gamer, of course. Consoles just don't cut it for this sort of thing.

Mantastic

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man City, Cleveland Browns
I'm thinking I'll stay with FO4 for now.
One of the things that keeps me around is the mod scene... honestly, my FO4 world looks much the same or better with regard to immersion details (trees, grass, weather, darkness etc) as 76 does. All green and foresty.

Add in things like Sim Settlements, Tales from the Commonwealth, Beantown Interiors, and the mega-mods like Fusion City and Valkyrie, and I've never finished a single playthrough since. I'm currently running about 20-30 mods from memory, I can't even remember how it feels to play vanilla.
Also, as far as I'm aware F4NV is still alive (well, they were still posting on Youtube a few weeks ago) so there's another option - playing Fallout:NV in FO4.

But 76 being a multiplayer game, means there won't be any mod scene, so the replayability factor (for me) is low.

PC gamer, of course. Consoles just don't cut it for this sort of thing.

Fairly certain mod support is confirmed for down the line. Probably best to wait for year 2, in your case though. And Ed_Gein.

I still think it's great but admittedly, I haven't played it a lot yet. I'm still trying to wrap up RDR2's story.

Some random thoughts.
Power Armour edition is legitimately great. I'm very glad with that purchase, ha.
I've spent all my play time exploring and I think I need to get into crafting. I need better weapons and holy s**t I need ammo.
Fallout is my favourite game series of all time but the community is the ******* worst. Toxic babies. And I do not mean in-game. I've experienced zero griefing but I've just stopped looking at anything 76 related on YouTube or online in general. There really seems to be a disconnect from reality. I'm just gonna get on and play the game and enjoy it. I'll follow this thread and probably not contribute too much. Hope y'all enjoy the game too!

Super Mutants seem a tad OP compared to previous Fallout games

I'm running a stealth sniper build and the super mutants are pretty easy to 1 or 2 tap in the head from range.

Don't get me started on the ******* grunting squealing molemen through and the snellygasters

Back