Fantasy Politics Game

Remove this Banner Ad

I had an idea just now while working on another problem.

Fantasy Politics.

Players draft politicians before an election and the winner is the one with the most votes :)

No idea how it would work and there would probably be an easy way to spreadsheet it.

Anyway I endorse attempts to run something like this, though I don't know what I could do to help. :D

I had an idea just now while working on another problem.

Fantasy Politics.

Players draft politicians before an election and the winner is the one with the most votes :)

No idea how it would work and there would probably be an easy way to spreadsheet it.

Anyway I endorse attempts to run something like this, though I don't know what I could do to help. :D
It would be funny to see the spin kings having to draft from the opposition in order to get their votes up. It would be fairly predictable for most of us, but the Islamophobes wishing for a One Nation/Australian Conservatives push would surely finish last.

I would play this just to familiarize myself with Australian politicians, who I stopped paying any attention to about 20 years ago. All I really know about Aussie politicians is that they all look like complete dorks who I probably wouldn't want to have a drink with (unless they were paying and promised not to talk).

would there be a salary cap? I mean if there wasn't, you would simply go for seats like
Grayndler
Warringah
Wentworth

You could have a salary cap on the basis of the % of first preference votes. Will the percentage be on fully counted votes, or first pref only?
If you did it on first pref, then that would allow the inclusion of votes to minor parties. And if the salary cap was balanced then you would need to select the right minor party candidates. The whole problem with this system is that its quite simple. Everyone is going to select Wentworth and its not going to be very diverse.

My suggestion would be to have 10 picks each, and the winner is the person who obtains the greatest swing for the ten seats.

For example:

For negative swings I could pick
Bass
Gilmore
Deakin

For positive swings I could pick

Paramatta
Wakefield
Jaggajagga

There is a little bit of a challenge here in the event that preference voting creates a super massive swing like in the case of three close candidates, and the seat changing from say Labor to Greens. However, you would almost certainly get a winner this way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back