Australian politician ‘sold out’ to foreign regime after being recruited by spies, Asio boss says

Remove this Banner Ad

Tudge isn't the only person under scrutiny.

China isn't the only country exerting influence. Australian politicians have had a fairly permissive attitude to foreign interest lobbying which has been allowed to fester in part not just due to domestic business interests acting as an intermediary, but via constituent groups applying pressure to MPs and local politicians.

I'd imagine it's probably time to tighten up a little.

The recent shift towards bipartisanship could be a sign of common-sense prevailing with recognition that we don't want to expose our counter intelligence capabilities and give the dictator to the north a PR win (and probably more unfair trade sanctions when he has another childish temper tantrum that someone implied he wasn't perfect in all ways).

However in reality, both sides have probably just decided they are exposed and want to avoid scrutiny.
How quick the tories turn when it becomes clear it's one of their own

Ah we r getting exepediousv,...afraid the family cuts the sghorthand
Homer Simpson Wow GIF by Justin

The truth is likely that multiple pollies on both sides are involved.

Why would China just go after one ?
Because only one was in power for a decade leading into the time period Burgess was talking about. A prime ministers son before the 2018 legislation? Gillard doesn't have a son and both her and Rudd are American simps

You know it's a lib, we all know. Can't both sides it after coming out for hanging traitors early on

Because only one was in power for a decade leading into the time period Burgess was talking about. A prime ministers son before the 2018 legislation? Gillard doesn't have a son and both her and Rudd are American simps

You know it's a lib, we all know. Can't both sides it after coming out for hanging traitors early on
Dutton confirmed it was a Liberal by not naming them before the Dunkley by-election.

There is absolutely no way the Liberal's would have dropped it as an issue if it was Labor. No way. And parliament was sitting so he had parliamentary privilege to hide behind.

The woman that held the seat of Chisholm before Carina Garland won it would have to be a front runner, wouldn't she? She'd been implicated in having strong ties with United Work Front Department but mere speculation; mere speculation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keating is a proud Australian patriot and has always championed an independent foreign policy, not a foreign policy that is influenced by the USA or anyone else.
Lol, what you say would have credibility if he wasn't being paid millions by Xi and only seems to recognise US failings. Anything Keaitng says should be followed by this "Written and authorised by Winnie the Dictator"

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's enhancing his legacy imo. The current politicians are weak and sell out our interests to America for no benefit.
Heading the same way as Lindenbergh - well respected for some of his actions early in his career but heavily tarnished by his total loyalty to a vile dictatorship mobilising for war.

Heading the same way as Lindenbergh - well respected for some of his actions early in his career but heavily tarnished by his total loyalty to a vile dictatorship mobilising for war.

How many countries has China invaded compared to our AUKUS partners?

does building islands into other countries territorial waters to claim the "south china sea" count? I mean no one has died but it still is a territorial grab

This needs to be hammered home. The USA has been at war almost endlessly since WWII, and when they are not at war they are supplying someone else to be at war (Ukraine, Israel).

I can understand Americans unconditionally supporting USA imperialism but I have no idea why Australians do.

At least China pays for the stuff they take from Australia.

LNP are the political wing of an American billionaire’s ‘news’ business. They seem to warmonger a fair bit.

Those uninhabited peoples put up a brave fight….
it does mean they claim resources inside those waters and regulate movement of ships (tolls, taxation).. and taking it from other countries

like I said, no one died, but it is still expansionism

This needs to be hammered home. The USA has been at war almost endlessly since WWII, and when they are not at war they are supplying someone else to be at war (Ukraine, Israel).

I can understand Americans unconditionally supporting USA imperialism but I have no idea why Australians do.

At least China pays for the stuff they take from Australia.
We literally sacrificed millions of dollars in trade with China because Morrison saw Donald Trump picking fights with China and thought it was a good idea to follow suit.

it does mean they claim resources inside those waters and regulate movement of ships (tolls, taxation).. and taking it from other countries

like I said, no one died, but it is still expansionism

Can you compare that to US foreign policy over the last 75 years??? And 200 years? The US used to own the Philippines… and still rapw that country of its resources…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back