Analysis Fantasy questions - AFL Fantasy, SC and DT ask here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gday guys, need a defensive downgrade this week, who's more likely to play through the byes out of Keeffe and Cumming?

I'm leaning towards Cumming even though he's only played the one game, but Keeffe is on the bubble this week at least, but I feel he's only in the team temporarily due to your injury/form problems with your ruck forward division, would this be correct or can he play with Patton when he comes back in?
I'm with Isaac Cumming No 1 , I don't see Keefe being a long term inclusion, Cumming showed enough that he may get a better run, but we have so many outs that I'd be tempted to look to a more stable team for SC inclusions

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Not really asking for fantasy purposes, but just wondering in general in relation to his stats, and not sure where else to ask.

I was skeptical whether Dylan Shiel was deserving of All-Australian selection last year, as I felt that other players and midfielders simply had better output. Then I looked deeper and realised his numbers were excellent considering how little gametime he played (just 71.92%) last year. This trend has been common for him though (averaged 73.92% gametime from 2015-present).

My question is, why doesn't Shiel get more gametime? Most elite mids hover around the 85% gametime mark. Is it the depth of the Giants' midfield? Is it fitness? Is he just better used as a burst player? What's the go? I mean, stretching his 2017 numbers out to 85% gametime would have seen him lead the league in clerances (7.61 clearances over that amount of gametime). Is his output/power/burst running not sustainable if he spends more time on the ground?

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
My question is, why doesn't Shiel get more gametime? Most elite mids hover around the 85% gametime mark. Is it the depth of the Giants' midfield? Is it fitness? Is he just better used as a burst player? What's the go? I mean, stretching his 2017 numbers out to 85% gametime would have seen him lead the league in clerances (7.61 clearances over that amount of gametime). Is his output/power/burst running not sustainable if he spends more time on the ground?
I don't have a definitive answer because I don't know, and I don't think most of us fans would know for sure. I would have said in past years that it was often down to actual injuries that he's carried in a season. Shiel has had some shoulder problems in the past, which has hampered him throughout a couple of seasons, which I think was a reason to just keep his workload manageable and not fatigue him too much, which could leave him vulnerable to further injury. The fact that it's continued last season and this when he's played more continuously tends to suggest that either my assessment was incorrect or that Shiel has continued to have some vulnerability. I actually do think it's the latter, so that we use him in bursts for his speed and evasion without risking huge fatigue and possibly expose any physical vulnerability. Happy for others to correct me or offer their own thoughts.

MartinLifts130

Senior List
Feb 22, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey guys, was just wondering whether Josh Kelly's role has changed from last year now that Conigilio has become ur number 1 mid?

Is his drop in average simply because he is recovering from injury or is there another reason behind it?

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Where is Mumford at ?? Does he walk back in for round 3 and assume the number 1 ruck role ??

A lot will depend on how Simpson is going but I would think they will both have a good run of games before the bye and then reassess based on performance and injury. A lot of unknowns at this stage

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Where is Mumford at ?? Does he walk back in for round 3 and assume the number 1 ruck role ??
On the plus side he seemed to jumping freely for the first time since his ankle injury in 2015 in the unofficial trial. On the downside he played neither JLT game, and you'd think he needs games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Jye Caldwell and Matt flynn to get games? Think Jye will be a star in seasons to come.
Matt Flynn had some horror moments in the JLT. I would really like him to be AFL ready, he potentially fills the hole Lobb left. Concerned he isn't though

Caldwell will debut at some point this year I think. Probably across half forward. Regarded as behind Hately at thus stage, but he had injuries last year and looked good in the JLT to me.

Hello Giants again.
Wanting info on how Greene and Z Williams went in the ?Intraclub? match recently after JLT? Or it could have been against Swans in a freindly. Anyway, I think it was an intra club.

Regarding Williams and Greene.

Thankyou for your time.
Both will be right for R1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back