FTA-TV Fargo

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a bit late to the party here but I've just caught up with this season and I can't believe how good it is. I enjoyed S1 but I'm loving this one so much more. I just smashed through all 8 eps in a few days.

It's funny, I couldn't wait to watch S2 of True Detective but I gave up after a few eps because it wasn't really grabbing me, whereas I was a bit meh about watching S2 of this one but once I started I was instantly hooked.

Best line of the season so far is easily "You're a s**t cop, you know that don't you?" I seriously lolled loudly at that.

Best scene (out of a lot of great scenes) was the Indian dude taking out the redneck racists in the bar. I loved the way he went back inside to shoot the bartender - it was like a 'well, I'm already in trouble, I might as well get my money's worth' kinda thing. I was cheering so hard for him in that scene.

I'm expecting a big finale. In Season 1, Lou references Sioux Falls "“I’d tell you the details, but it would sound like I made ’em up. Madness, really….If you stacked the [bodies] high you could a climbed to the second floor. I saw something that year I ain’t never seen, before or since. I’d call it animal, except animals only kill for food. This was…Sioux Falls. Ever been?”

Also the film on the tv was "Desperate Journey" - a Ronald Reagan flick. Given the time, I suspect that RR will feature pretty prominently in the wrap-up - no idea how though.

Man, this show delivers!

So many great lines.

Favourite was Milligan at the end: "Ok then" on seeing the carnage at the Motel.

Also loved the replay cutout scene where he fondles the Kansis City boss from 'Everybody loves Raymond' hair at the diner, then fondles it again decapitated in the box. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm so on board I'm not even bothered by the spaceship. I think we all knew it was coming at some point anyway, and I feel it just added to the whole "holy hell" aspect of this entire war.

Um did you not see the first episode of this season? Or the constant references to aliens throughout the season.

Um it turned up in a pivotal scene having a huge affect on determining the fate of Lou and the couple survive in a twist of luck usually reserved for shows where you must completely suspend disbelief ie Walking Dead, Homeland.

I thought this show was better then that.

Yeah the aliens stuff has been a pretty random addition all season. The only time it felt like it might lead somewhere was when they showed all that weird hieroglyphic stuff in the old man's study.

I wonder if they'll explain that and tie it all in together at the end, otherwise it feels like a bit of an unnecessary wtf? inclusion to the show.

Um it turned up in a pivotal scene having a huge affect on determining the fate of Lou and the couple survive in a twist of luck usually reserved for shows where you must completely suspend disbelief ie Walking Dead, Homeland.

I thought this show was better then that.
It had a pivotal effect on the whole series seeing as it was what caused the younger brother to get run over in the car. But I agree, I don't get why the aliens have been used. Maybe we will find out in the last episode but I will suspect not. It will just be pointless randomness.

Was at a kids birthday party on Sunday and was chatting to a woman who works in production for this show. Sounds like a pretty fun set. Apparently Danson is a bit if a joker and Wilson is quiet but nice. Only chatted briefly but it was cool to pick her brain.

It had a pivotal effect on the whole series seeing as it was what caused the younger brother to get run over in the car. But I agree, I don't get why the aliens have been used. Maybe we will find out in the last episode but I will suspect not. It will just be pointless randomness.

I think pointless randomness is the point, and it extends to the entire series (which I love).
A very Coen Brothers conceit, e.g. the original Fargo movie, in which so much blood was shed over 'a little bit of money', only for that money to be buried and lost in the snow.
Or the entirety of Big Lebowski.

To quote Burn After Reading:
“What did we learn, Palmer?”
“I don’t know, sir.”
“I don’t f***ing know either. I guess we learned not to do it again … But I’m f***ed if I know what we did.”

or, even better, the Vietnamese dad in A Serious Man;
"Accept the mystery".

I have no requirement to find out why UFO's, just as I had no need to find out as to why Lorne Malvo was the way he was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back