Fast Food

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really eat fish and chips unless I am near a body of water. For some reason I just associate it with eating by the river or at the beach.

Current local is OK but I wouldn't rave about it. Used to get Zedz in Beaconsfield with friends that lived there which was pretty good. Clancy's usually a good bet combining nice (pub) seafood and tap beers. Went to Joe's Fish Shack once in Freo thinking that if they can afford to advertise on TV it must be good. It wasn't.

I don't really eat fish and chips unless I am near a body of water. For some reason I just associate it with eating by the river or at the beach.

Current local is OK but I wouldn't rave about it. Used to get Zedz in Beaconsfield with friends that lived there which was pretty good. Clancy's usually a good bet combining nice (pub) seafood and tap beers. Went to Joe's Fish Shack once in Freo thinking that if they can afford to advertise on TV it must be good. It wasn't.
Usually true but the Dayelsford FnC changed that for me
He was very good
I was there doing a few jobs for a few months

I've had great seafood miles inland. It's just a mental trigger that I don't think to order fish and chips away from the coast.
Had a few curried scallop pies in Tassie nowhere near the coast, all were good.

Went to Joe's a month or so ago for the first time in a while. Food was okay but overpriced. Aimed more at tourists I think. Their stuffed chicken wing thingies are still pretty good.
Agreed, food comes out fresh compared to what you'd get at Kailis and Cicerello's, but expensive. Sometimes when I go there's an old bloke walking up and down the restaraunt asking customers if their food is good, I always assume that's Joe lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still do Fush n Chups once every week….It's been A staple for A very long time.
It was a once a week thing for my family growing up, we went to a nice place in Samson WA that was run by a Greek family and they were excellent, growing older and now being an adult it's not a thing anymore unfortunately and that fish n chip store is long gone, replace by a fraud shop run by Asians using imported fish and bulk bought chips (to be fair I think most do this now sadly), a shame.

Whatever happened to shish kebabs . Beautiful cubes of meat wrapped in a Lebanese bread with salad and that white sauce . It’s all donner kebabs now and badly made burgers. .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our local fish n chips does a good lamb souvlaki, cubed meat on a stick then made into a souva like you described - good change up from the normal kebab.

Chinese food court joint near my work does some awesome pork sticky ribs, sweet and salty!

Not this place then...

“Your local Chinese businesses need you, so please come visit and spread the love,” Elizabeth Street’s Da Long Yi posted on Instagram.

Not this place then...

“Your local Chinese businesses need you, so please come visit and spread the love,” Elizabeth Street’s Da Long Yi posted on Instagram.

* no, i'm not made of money!

Not this place then...

A very sad day in Little Bourke St history. IMHO personally the best yum cha, and dinner, in the city

A very sad day in Little Bourke St history. IMHO personally the best yum cha, and dinner, in the city

When I used to travel frequently for business, I always stayed at The Grand Chancellor in Melbourne and walked through the laneway to Chinatown for dinner there every trip.

Yum Cha with Sales reps or clients so I could justify the healthy bar tab

Remove this Banner Ad

Back