Father & Son & Academy Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Just quickly...on Talking Tiger this week at about the 33 minute mark after the Pilot ad-read, Richo mentions that he's got another bub on the way....
GIF by LEGO Masters
Who cares I'll be dead by the time that kid debuts

When Brendan Gale becomes AFL dictator his first task must be to lower the father son from 100 games to 82!!!!! Nathan Brown played 82 games and has a son and Leon Cameron played 84 games and has 3 sons. Otherwise that's 4 more at the dog kennel and they've got enough already. Speaking of Leon Cameron the club should get him back as he could take over coaching any of the midfield, backline hell he even knows more about forward line than Xavier Clarke. Christ skills coach even the possibilities are endless!!!!

Last edited:
Not quite a father son, but I’ll tell you who’s looking like a hot prospect…
Nathan Bower’s son Tom. He’s playing at Oakleigh Chargers right now, and last week kicked the winning goal.
19 and a goal yesterday after he got pushed up to the wing.

Such a smooth mover, and class and poise with the ball. He won’t get drafted this year, but one to look out for next year either as a mid season pick or draftee/ rookie. Can play wing, high half forward or forward pocket. Boy he can run, and always has a goal in him. Such a good mover and user so the more he finds the ball, the better.

My bold prediction is that recruiters might start having a look at him if he keeps putting up good performance, and he will be one to watch for next season. I’m quite biased but that’s just my 2cents…

Nathan Bower’s son Tom. He’s playing at Oakleigh Chargers right now, and last week kicked the winning goal.

Such a smooth mover, and class and poise with the ball. He won’t get drafted this year, but one to look out for next year either as a mid season pick or draftee/ rookie. Can play wing, high half forward or forward pocket. Boy he can run, and always has a goal in him. Such a good mover and user so the more he finds the ball, the better.

My bold prediction is that recruiters might start having a look at him if he keeps putting up good performance, and he will be one to watch for next season. I’m quite biased but that’s just my 2cents…
Is he skinny like the old man , was high hopes for NB after draft , was a highly touted junior

Is he skinny like the old man , was high hopes for NB after draft , was a highly touted junior
I guess you could say he is on the skinnier side
But he ain’t weak I’ll tell you that

of course inside ball can be an improvement

Can’t believe for the life of me that we don’t have any next generation academy pics looming , would have thought with our zone that ea year there’d be candidates
Good point, been a bit underwhelming so far although with the new rules there isn’t much advantage even if you get a good one.

Can’t believe for the life of me that we don’t have any next generation academy pics looming , would have thought with our zone that ea year there’d be candidates
thank god we dodged mia yougle hagan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Late developer is Tom. Good chance for a rookie spot. Gene pool is more his Mum than Nathan. Not as tall as Nathan but a great athlete. My kids played at Glen Waverley Rovers and have seen him play for years. Great kid with top attitude.

Charlie Naish seems to be doing pretty well at Nth Knights as a bottom ager. And unlike Pat he lays some tackles.

Talking about Tom, he was named in the Nab league boys team of the week. 26 touches and a goal playing the whole game at wing.
Keep an eye out for him, and don't be suprised if his name gets pushed up the rankings a bit. He is just a natural athelete, and does things you cannot teach.

Unfortunate he's not a father/son, but he loves the Tigers, and on a personal level would love to see him at tigerland... Late bolter, and would be amazing if he could get a rookie spot.
Late developer is Tom. Good chance for a rookie spot. Gene pool is more his Mum than Nathan. Not as tall as Nathan but a great athlete. My kids played at Glen Waverley Rovers and have seen him play for years. Great kid with top attitude.
Exactly, the attitude bit is for me the best thing about him. Incredibly humble and he does not play with any ego. Yeah I've seen him at Rovers too, what a superstar he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back