Opinion Favourite Current Carlton player - Poll

Who is your favourite current Carlton player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bluey24

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Yesterday, my baby brother asked me who my favourite Carlton player is. I struggled to answer. "Favourite" by definition means preferred to all others of the same kind and I'm curious to know if you could choose just one, who is your favourite current Carlton player?

It's obviously bloody subjective - some people place more weight on factors that others don't. Talent. Work Ethic. Leadership. Rats-tails.

Eventually, I voted #23 Jacob Weitering. I love everything about this guy.

TheCoach16 press that Dale Thomas button.... you know you want to ;)
That's just cheeky, Shan. I have no issue with Daisy, other than he just has nothing left to give, not his fault...

Anyway, I can't split these two, it's Gibbs and Weitering for me...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yesterday, my baby brother asked me who my favourite Carlton player is. I struggled to answer. "Favourite" by definition means preferred to all others of the same kind and I'm curious to know if you could choose just one, who is your favourite current Carlton player?

It's obviously bloody subjective - some people place more weight on factors that others don't. Talent. Work Ethic. Leadership. Rats-tails.

Eventually, I voted #23 Jacob Weitering. I love everything about this guy.

I've not always had a favourite Carlton player. I liked small rover types like Trevor Keogh and also Rod Ashman as a little kid but chopped and changed. The mosquito fleet squad were very mesmerising as a little kid. But looked up to captain-coach Jeasulenko like he was some god. He had charisma in spades and as a kid under 10 was in awe of him. Really loved watching Kenny Sheldon too. Just a classy rover and forward pocket type. We just had so many class players in late 70's and early 1980's it was hard to have just one favourite. I got no stand out favourite now either. The only time I remember having a clear favourite was towards mid 1980's with Wayne Johnston. Never had a player I loved and admired watching play week to week like him. After he finished up in late 1980's it become SOS as the heart and soul player that was my favourite. Simmo has been closest to that in last 6 or 7 years. My current favourite will be worked out in coming years when Simmo moves on.

I've not always had a favourite Carlton player. I liked small rover types like Trevor Keogh and also Rod Ashman as a little kid but chopped and changed. The mosquito fleet squad were very mesmerising as a little kid. But looked up to captain-coach Jeasulenko like he was some god. He had charisma in spades and as a kid under 10 was in awe of him. Really loved watching Kenny Sheldon too. Just a classy rover and forward pocket type. We just had so many class players in late 70's and early 1980's it was hard to have just one favourite. I got no stand out favourite now either. The only time I remember having a clear favourite was towards mid 1980's with Wayne Johnston. Never had a player I loved and admired watching play week to week like him. After he finished up in late 1980's it become SOS as the heart and soul player that was my favourite. Simmo has been closest to that in last 6 or 7 years. My current favourite will be worked out in coming years when Simmo moves on.
Ffs, my life story thread.

Back