Sim Feature Requests, Suggestions & Bug Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

If it has a voice like Pierce Brosnan, I'm outta here...

Ultrahouse_3000_2.png

Mobbs I know this may be really hard but would it be possible to make a feature where a player can kick a goal after the siren after the All stars vs Rookies match and the Round 16 Season 25 Wonders game
Also is there a way to fix the no text after goals before the siren? See round 16 Season 25 Wonders V Roys

Mobbs I know this may be really hard but would it be possible to make a feature where a player can kick a goal after the siren after the All stars vs Rookies match and the Round 16 Season 25 Wonders game
Also is there a way to fix the no text after goals before the siren? See round 16 Season 25 Wonders V Roys
It would be wrong to corrupt the code to favour one team over another. You will need to approach the Administration and suggest corruption of the results at a publication processing level.

Agent93

Rich (BB code):
            CAR   HAT
Hitouts   : 15   14 
Kicks     : 163  156 
Marks     : 66   64 
Handballs : 110  148 
Tackles   : 32   26 
Frees For : 21   21 
Frees Ag. : 21   21 
Smothers  : 1    1 
Ironouts  : 13   6 
Inside50  : 24   20 
Rebound50 : 25   33 
Goals     : 14   16 
Behinds   : 7    5

It was a very easy one for me to use to break the ice and start sinking my teeth in. :)

And so work begins ... two teams, one with players Girl1 through to Girl10 and Boy1 through to Boy10, the other with Woman1-Woman10 & Man1-Man10.
Added a gender attribute for each player that defaults to 0 (male) and can be changed to 1 (female) :

1 : 22.08 {C} - Boy6 palms the ball down.
1 : 22.19 {rW} - Its hard and tough but Girl7 wins possession.
1 : 22.23 {C} - A wild kick laterally towards Girl8.
1 : 22.29 {C} - Woman7 is third man up and takes it easily.
1 : 22.35 {C} - Woman7 tucks the ball under her arm and scoots away.
1 : 22.39 {C} - Girl8 drags Woman7 down beautifully.
1 : 22.43 {C} - Girl8 wants to get on with proceedings.
1 : 22.47 {C} - Girl8 is crunched in a tackle by Woman7.
1 : 22.56 {C} - The bounce favours Woman7 and she is off and running.
1 : 22.58 {lHFF} - A bit of a miskick.
1 : 23.04 {lHFF} - The ball drops short of Man6.
1 : 23.08 {lHFF} - Man6 with all the time in the world.
1 : 23.14 {lHFF} - Man6 takes a bounce and nearly fumbles it.
1 : 23.18 {FF} - Geeze he's got onto that one. Pressure on Man7 to mark.
1 : 23.22 {FF} - Great grab by Man7.
1 : 23.28 {FF} - Man7 takes off.
1 : 23.32 {FF} - He takes the opportunity to bounce.
1 : 23.39 {FF} - Chance for a goal here for Man7.
1 : 23.43 {FF} - It's a goal. Man7 has 2.

Looks pretty hopeful at a glance, but I spotted a couple of issues which are not so much relevant to calling the correct gender, so much as it is calling the correct player at all! This can happen for instance when a player takes a couple of bounces, advances down the ground, and the Sim is a bit dodgy about now knowing whether that player has the ball, or if it's now with his teammate in the position he's run to.

Then there was this:

1 : 14.55 {CHF} - Boy1 calls for it.
1 : 15.02 {CHF} - Woman3 intercepts the kick and marks.
1 : 15.06 {rHBF} - Man2 signals for his teammates to present.
1 : 15.1 {lHBF} - Gets a handpass away to Man3.

If you look at the GPS, the ground position changed from CHF where Woman3 was stationed, to rHBF where waited Man2. What's happened here is that the target was Boy1, at CHF. They were outmarked by their opponent, Woman3. The GPS is still showing Boy1's position (CHF), and not Woman3's position in opposition (which would be CHB). On top of this, the player now with the ball is her teammate, Man2. It is as if she did not hold the mark, and Man2 cleaned up, or maybe she handpassed to Man2 and the commentary did not record it. The stats DO record it so it is not an awful big deal, but with the commentary dropping a line, now it looks like a gender-reporting error.

So I've essentially got it reporting gender in most cases, with some occasional mismatches.

It's after 4am, I'll resume work on it when I next get a chance.

Last edited:
Added a gender attribute for each player that defaults to 0 (male) and can be changed to 1 (female)

I used to edit the commentary file for the female players. So if there were a few female players in the team I'd do a search on their name and then go through the game and then change he to her and his to her...etc It didn't take too long, but it would be harder with a lot of females in the team.

Mobbs, how much work will it take to tweak the quarters to 30 minutes of gameplay?
For the timers to run to 30 game minutes instead of 25? Umm I would guess that's pretty easy. But then changing all the transaction calculations so that stats and scores averages didnt balloon out would be harder.

For the timers to run to 30 game minutes instead of 25? Umm I would guess that's pretty easy. But then changing all the transaction calculations so that stats and scores averages didnt balloon out would be harder.
Well that's what I'm hoping for. I feel like we need "more stats"... especially possessions. 25 disposals in Qooty is probably the benchmark of a great game.

The AFL, it's beyond that.

Would love to see what it looks like and if we could look to phase it into our game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that's what I'm hoping for. I feel like we need "more stats"... especially possessions. 25 disposals in Qooty is probably the benchmark of a great game.

Would love to see what it looks like and if we could look to phase it into our game.
Tried heaps of things to slightly up the stats but it always created a scores blowout. The only way to do it without scores increasing is to also either 1) increase the rate of turnovers or 2) increase the rate of transactions that do not advance the ball. Unfortunately these are already kind of maxed out, there are sometimes 6 handballs and 5 kicks in the backline at a time.
There is a third option, and that would be to increase (add entire) transactions for the ball remaining in dispute. Currently the ball is only ever really in dispute for a maximum of 1 transaction. You might notice the game never calls for a ballup except for after a goal or starting a new quarter.
But this third option means writing entirely new threads of play (and therefore code)

I always thought qooty wasn't meant to be updated to reflect modern footy, I thought it was meant to be a bit of a time capsule from the 90s.

I always thought qooty wasn't meant to be updated to reflect modern footy, I thought it was meant to be a bit of a time capsule from the 90s.
I do feel this way, but stats are a bit low even for 90s footy. Hell I handled stats for a country team's U16s in the 80s. They only had 15 minute quarters and still amassed more stats than we do here!
In a perfect world some passages of play would be added that ended with a "nobody can get it out and the umpire will signal a bounce". This could add a few more stats without upping scoring. But it's hard to write. I'm old now.

I do feel this way, but stats are a bit low even for 90s footy. Hell I handled stats for a country team's U16s in the 80s. They only had 15 minute quarters and still amassed more stats than we do here!
In a perfect world some passages of play would be added that ended with a "nobody can get it out and the umpire will signal a bounce". This could add a few more stats without upping scoring. But it's hard to write. I'm old now.
Not that hard old chap :p

Suggestion:
When a substitution takes place or a change of positions, is it possible to include the positions in the commentary?
That would be awesome. In fact an option to even have the lineups repeat any of 1. match start only (current), 2. (each quarter's start) or 3. after each positional change - would be awesomer.

That would be awesome. In fact an option to even have the lineups repeat any of 1. match start only (current), 2. (each quarter's start) or 3. after each positional change - would be awesomer.
Great idea.

Now check my PM

Jeez I was before my time. Here we are in the AFL where 25 possessions is the benchmark.

As an alternative, maybe only list the players and their positions that aren't in their original positions:

Q2 Start:
Positional changes.
WON - ClarkeM - FP, JT_The_Man - INT, Marklar_33 - C.
Dem - Headless - FF, Tarkyn_24 - INT.
0:00 Centre bounce...

It would also be cool if we had a breakdown of the positions we all played in during the game.

As an alternative, maybe only list the players and their positions that aren't in their original positions:

Q2 Start:
Positional changes.
WON - ClarkeM - FP, JT_The_Man - INT, Marklar_33 - C.
Dem - Headless - FF, Tarkyn_24 - INT.
0:00 Centre bounce...

It would also be cool if we had a breakdown of the positions we all played in during the game.
This would be a game-changer for some stats people (Tarkyn_24)

I’ve tried to do this for just me, working out TOG, etc; but it’s a nightmare sort.

It would also be interesting to see stats while positions at that position in the game, because I know all stats don’t feature in the commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back