25. Toump Ass
27. SplintWhisky
28. crazywildhorse
30. Grockadoc
31. krided
33. Pickitt
35. Chronz
44. Shueygod

After Season 36 which saw The Fighting Furies do not much at all by finishing mid-table (we were saved from the horror of a finals appearance by a patented omgfridge team sheet error in the last round), the Sweet FA's most pitied club are back to chase that elusive spoon!

We have put together a list that is truly the envy of failing enterprises everywhere, led by an LG so hopeless that I am only just now posting the Official Team Thread at 2am on a worknight (unfortunately real life has been kind of hectic lately, and I'm only getting to this now).

We farewell two of our finest contributors from Season 36, with Brick Loosener returning to the Gumbies after a one season sojourn at the Hippodrome, and my good friend Bovo returning to the sands of Baghdad where he eagerly awaits a Tube Radio sparring session when next we meet.

Fortunately, two of our Season 36 signings who became instant crowd favourites in the lovely Feraligatr (what she's doing with us, I have no idea, she's far too classy for this environment) and the living legend himself, Frothies Mcveigh, are committed to their second season at the Hippodrome!

We do have a massive off season signing in The Cryptkeeper, who joins us from the Ophidian Old Boys. The Cryptkeeper attended the Ophidian Academy on a full academic scholarship, but as a natural born street fighter quickly found himself out of place amongst the privileged of Sweet. At the Hippodrome, he has found his home with the legitimate droogies that populate our list.

The Fighting Furies are committed to delivering on our potential in Season 37. The coveted wooden spoon is ours!

Last edited:
Round 1 - Sunday 4 February, 2024
Fighting Furies v Mount Buller Demons at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Round 2 - Sunday, 11 February 2024
BYE: Fighting Furies

Round 3 - Sunday, 18 February 2024 (Heritage Round)
Fighting Furies v Gumbies FFC at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Round 4 - Sunday, 25 February 2024
Las Vegas Bears v Fighting Furies at The Stadium in the Sky

Round 5 - Sunday, 3 March 2024
West Coast Wonders v Fighting Furies at The Colosseum

Round 6 - Sunday, 10 March 2024
Fighting Furies v Baghdad Bombers at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Round 7 - Sunday, 17 March 2024
Fighting Furies v Coney Island Warriors at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Round 8 - Sunday, 24 March 2024
Ophidian Old Boys v Fighting Furies at Spotswood Oval

Round 9 - Sunday, 31 March 2024
Fighting Furies v Dragons FFC at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Round 10 - Sunday, 7 April 2024
Roys FFC v Fighting Furies at Brunswick Junction Oval

Round 11 - Sunday, 14 April 2024
Fighting Furies v Sin City Swamprats at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Round 12 - Sunday, 21 April 2024
Gold City Royals v Fighting Furies at The Golden Throne

Round 13 - Sunday, 28 April 2024
East Side Hawks v Fighting Furies at The Eyrie

Round 14 – Sunday, 5 May 2024
Coney Island Warriors v Fighting Furies at Van Cortlandt Park

Round 15 - Thursday, 9 May, 2024
BYE: Fighting Furies.

Round 16 - Sunday, 12 May 2024
Fighting Furies v Ophidian Old Boys at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Round 17 - Thursday 16 May, 2024

Round 18 - Sunday, 19 May 2024
Dragons FFC v Fighting Furies at Ljp86's Lair

Round 19 - Wednesday 22 May, 2024

Round 20 - Sunday, 26 May 2024
Fighting Furies v Gold City Royals at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

From this point everything is really moot:

Finals Week One - Sunday, 2 June 2024
First Qualifying Final: 1st vs 4th
Second Qualifying Final: 2nd vs 3rd
First Elimination Final: 5th vs 8th
Second Elimination Final: 6th vs 7th

Finals Week Two - Sunday, 9 June 2024
First Semi Final: Loser First Qualifying Final vs Winner First Elimination Final
Second Semi Final: Loser Second Qualifying Final vs Winner Second Elimination Final

Finals Week Three - Sunday, 16 June 2024
First Preliminary Final: Winner First Qualifying Final vs Winner Second Semi Final
Second Preliminary Final: Winner Second Qualifying Final vs Winner First Semi Final

Finals Week Four - Sunday, 23 June 2024
Grand Final: Winner First Preliminary Final vs Winner Second Preliminary Final at SFA Park

FIGHTING FURIES

View attachment 1893718

Season 37 Official Squad List

2. NaturalDisaster (LG)
3. ShaunDuggan (LG)
4. Rioli8217
5. Silky23
6. Feraligatr
7. Sab22
10. tigland
11. JyeDye
13. Frederico_WA (LG)
16. Stevi_Tigers
17. omgfridge (C)
19. James Colorado (C)
20. Edmund hunt
21. rfctigerarmy
25. Toump Ass
27. SplintWhisky
28. crazywildhorse
30. Grockadoc
31. krided
33. Pickitt
35. Chronz
XX. Shueygod
XX. Frothies Mcveigh

XX. The Cryptkeeper

After Season 36 which saw The Fighting Furies do not much at all by finishing mid-table (we were saved from the horror of a finals appearance by a patented omgfridge team sheet error in the last round), the Sweet FA's most pitied club are back to chase that elusive spoon!

We have put together a list that is truly the envy of failing enterprises everywhere, led by an LG so hopeless that I am only just now posting the Official Team Thread at 2am on a worknight (unfortunately real life has been kind of hectic lately, and I'm only getting to this now).

We farewell two of our finest contributors from Season 36, with Brick Loosener returning to the Gumbies after a one season sojourn at the Hippodrome, and my good friend Bovo returning to the sands of Baghdad where he eagerly awaits a Tube Radio sparring session when next we meet.

Fortunately, two of our Season 36 signings who became instant crowd favourites in the lovely Feraligatr (what she's doing with us, I have no idea, she's far too classy for this environment) and the living legend himself, Frothies Mcveigh, are committed to their second season at the Hippodrome!

We do have a massive off season signing in The Cryptkeeper, who joins us from the Ophidian Old Boys. The Cryptkeeper attended the Ophidian Academy on a full academic scholarship, but as a natural born street fighter quickly found himself out of place amongst the privileged of Sweet. At the Hippodrome, he has found his home with the legitimate droogies that populate our list.

The Fighting Furies are committed to delivering on our potential in Season 37. The coveted wooden spoon is ours!
Another thing ticked off from the league's best LG!

FIGHTING FURIES

View attachment 1893718

Season 37 Official Squad List

2. NaturalDisaster (LG)
3. ShaunDuggan (LG)
4. Rioli8217
5. Silky23
6. Feraligatr
7. Sab22
10. tigland
11. JyeDye
13. Frederico_WA (LG)
16. Stevi_Tigers
17. omgfridge (C)
19. James Colorado (C)
20. Edmund hunt
21. rfctigerarmy
25. Toump Ass
27. SplintWhisky
28. crazywildhorse
30. Grockadoc
31. krided
33. Pickitt
35. Chronz
XX. Shueygod
XX. Frothies Mcveigh

XX. The Cryptkeeper

If clubs didn’t pity you before, reckon this’ll convert ‘em.

So sad that is almost poetic.

We do have a massive off season signing in @The Cryptkeeper, who joins us from the Ophidian Old Boys. The Cryptkeeper attended the Ophidian Academy on a full academic scholarship, but as a natural born street fighter quickly found himself out of place amongst the privileged of Sweet. At the Hippodrome, he has found his home with the legitimate droogies that populate our list.
Looks like it your time to shine The Cryptkeeper :yellowheart::purpleheart::blueheart:

All the very best with the furrballs

Looks like it your time to shine The Cryptkeeper :yellowheart::purpleheart::blueheart:

All the very best with the furrballs

Turbo, old mate. I am very good at shining things. A world champion in fact. "Polishing" I think it is better known as.

Turbo, old mate. I am very good at shining things. A world champion in fact. "Polishing" I think it is better known as.
I don't mind a bit of Polishing myself.

Our glorious quest for the Wooden Spoon may have been derailed in Round 1, which in an ironic way, really is in true Furies fashion.

Up against a Mount Buller team which only have their own spectacularly failed season in recent memory (Season 35), those miserable b*stards clearly decided that they weren't going to let anyone dig their way beneath them and instead were on the end of an utter thrashing, with the Fighting Furies running out winners 160-94 in front of a home crowd so appalled that they took to throwing their cans at their own players as they trudged off the field. On the plus side, this did assist with bar sales going through the roof, and we may be able to take our end of season trip at the nicer part of Frankston this season.

Not helping things were The Cryptkeeper making a stunning club debut, absolutely nailing 7.1, ably supported by ShaunDuggan's 4.2, who now in his third season and an LG member, really should know better.

The midfield didn't help much, with Edmund hunt and Feraligatr having plenty of it, crazywildhorse having the fourth highest DT score of the round, and Shueygod actually looking to make good on his threat of carrying us to the premiership with a super performance.

Well, the game plan got thrown out the window in Round 1, with our co-captains in omgfridge and myself seeming to be the only people trying to adhere to it, fridge spudding it up on field, and me not even getting on it. Even Frederico_WA and NaturalDisaster had performances that some would describe with words like "stellar", which is basically a foreign language at the Hippodrome.

The Bye beckons this week, giving us a chance to reset and think about just what we want from this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"true Furies fashion"

The Cryptkeeper threw us on his back and kicked a bag
fashion runway model GIF

1/2 time wardrobe change for omgfridge
my little pony fashion GIF by PopJam

NaturalDisaster new footy boots gave him an unfair advantage in the ruck
Cant Touch This High Heels GIF by BrownSugarApp

Chronz was the star of the show after allowing 5 goals to be kicked on him
Look Good Season 6 GIF by Paramount+

James Colorado had the right idea, but he had to watch from the sidelines
Running Late Fashion Show GIF

Rioli8217 made an effort, but should have put two eyepatches on to be more authentic
Greeting Walk In GIF by Laff

Pickitt didn't even dress up!
Dress Up Man With A Plan GIF by CBS

ShaunDuggan tried valiantly to stop the behemoth crazywildhorse from midfield dominance ... to no effect
Ronald Mcdonald Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edmund hunt liked his first game back in a while a little too much
streaking will ferrell GIF

Our glorious quest for the Wooden Spoon may have been derailed in Round 1, which in an ironic way, really is in true Furies fashion.

Up against a Mount Buller team which only have their own spectacularly failed season in recent memory (Season 35), those miserable b*stards clearly decided that they weren't going to let anyone dig their way beneath them and instead were on the end of an utter thrashing, with the Fighting Furies running out winners 160-94 in front of a home crowd so appalled that they took to throwing their cans at their own players as they trudged off the field. On the plus side, this did assist with bar sales going through the roof, and we may be able to take our end of season trip at the nicer part of Frankston this season.

Not helping things were The Cryptkeeper making a stunning club debut, absolutely nailing 7.1, ably supported by ShaunDuggan's 4.2, who now in his third season and an LG member, really should know better.

The midfield didn't help much, with Edmund hunt and Feraligatr having plenty of it, crazywildhorse having the fourth highest DT score of the round, and Shueygod actually looking to make good on his threat of carrying us to the premiership with a super performance.

Well, the game plan got thrown out the window in Round 1, with our co-captains in omgfridge and myself seeming to be the only people trying to adhere to it, fridge spudding it up on field, and me not even getting on it. Even Frederico_WA and NaturalDisaster had performances that some would describe with words like "stellar", which is basically a foreign language at the Hippodrome.

The Bye beckons this week, giving us a chance to reset and think about just what we want from this season.
I think its time to get those over achievers on a goon liquid diet James Colorado or you will never relies the dream of leading a team to a wooden spoon.

If you go down to the cleaners sub level in the Hippodrome you will see a big shelf at the end of the room with books on it. The books are there to stop any furies going near it so ignore them. Slide the shelf away from the wall and you will find the secret goon brew room. kick start that baby up again and you can ensure your players wont have a clue what's going on when you pickle their brains, and that wooden spoon will be within your grasp.

ding bath.jpg

The Gumbies reignited their premiership defence in Round 3, ably assisted by the Furies recapturing our best, losing form! Following the debacle of Round 1, omgfridge, NaturalDisaster , ShaunDuggan and I absolutely flogged the team on the training track (and in Shaun's case, in the showers afterwards...), forcing our teammates to answer questions about obscure anime, limited edition candy, and FromSoftware boss encounters while they were busy trying to stuff their jiggly jowls with Pringles and Mountain Dew. Our harsh regime worked, and the Sweet FAs mocked children were able to get back onto spoon contention!

The highlight of our 121-94 loss was clearly Chronz, who by getting absolutely b*tch slapped in having 10 goals kicked on him not only picks up the qoach's award for Round 3, but is therefore allowed to stay up past his bed time AND gets first choice of Yu-Gi-Oh Cards! Chronz was also joined by truly epically poor performances from Feraligatr, krided, Rioli8217, Toump Ass, all of whom ensured through their actions in the middle and defence that Round 1 would be quickly forgotten. Gun recruit The Cryptkeeper bought into the team ethos, dealing all his damage in the match thread and none on the field, and is quickly becoming a favourite at The Hippodrome.

Unfortunately, there are always a couple who go rogue and ignore the coach's instructions in favour of playing "their natural game". In this case, Frederico_WA, crazywildhorse, and NaturalDisaster decided to put in performances which would be more than acceptable in a team that want to, ergh, "win", and Shueygod once more continues with his threat to actually take us to the premiership. In the fashion of a true Furies captain, I am highlighting the poor performance of a couple of members of the LG here, and completely ignoring my own stats upon return from a S36 suspension, which were actually, not bad...(I feel sick even thinking about it).

Onwards to Round 4, and the inevitable loss to the Las Vegas Bears!

Gun recruit @The Cryptkeeper bought into the team ethos, dealing all his damage in the match thread and none on the field, and is quickly becoming a favourite at The Hippodrome.
Good to see the OOBs have provided the Furrballs such a quality Qooty player.
NOICE work as always The Cryptkeeper :yellowheart::blueheart::greenheart:

Good to see the OOBs have provided the Furrballs such a quality Qooty player.
NOICE work as always The Cryptkeeper :yellowheart::blueheart::greenheart:

These pricks haven't even given me a squad number.

I cannot handle this sort of incompetence. XX - what the * kind of number is that?

I cannot handle this sort of incompetence. XX - what the * kind of number is that?
Wait what... o_O:rolleyes: really ??

omgfridge is this really truly true. This man deserves his squad number immediately!

.... or there may need to be words with Admin Wiggy

Would you prefer XXX? (as long as it's not XXXX though...yuck)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back