Official Team Thread Fighting Furies S37 - Spoon x Dumpster

Remove this Banner Ad

It has been updated in the squad submission thread! Semi acquired.

James Colorado please update your OP accordingly. I allocated numbers to the other stragglers too.
So Excited Reaction GIF

It has been updated in the squad submission thread! Semi acquired.

James Colorado please update your OP accordingly. I allocated numbers to the other stragglers too.

Have corrected to remove the pesky Xs.

Now everyone is nothing but a number in the machine...

Two match summaries now, as I'm falling behind (which reminds me, we still need to do our S36 BnF...)

Round 4 saw our trip to the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas, which is somewhat removed from our usual party town of Frankston, particularly the beach right by the station. Last off-season, we had to yell out to Toump Ass to not touch a certain floating object which he had mistaken for an oddly shaped sea creature. While it may very well have been as sticky as a sea creature, it was definitely not as safe to touch as a blue bottle or even a blue-ringed octopus. Sab22 muttered his apologies for littering, explaining that the experience the night before with a local slapper had at once made him glad he had used the protection and made him wish it had been a blue-ringed octopus, as they are far less deadly.

Anyway, our good friends at the Bears were gracious hosts and allowed us to play to our absolute worst. We got trounced (not a word that is spoken aloud as often as it should be) 122-55. This 67 point mauling was on the back of a truly execrable performance by JyeDye with a solitary stat and DT point; I have never been prouder of him. omgfridge played a true captain's game in a losing effort (not a word about the co-captain who got a 94 DT score...not a *ing word about that campaigner) and ShaunDuggan who has decided to play the team game rather than going for the Fred. Rioli8217 was also noted for his contribution to the losing effort, while Chronz continued to star in his quest for the Reverse Fred; WE ALL BELIEVE IN YOU CHRONZ!!

Yet again, there were some who ignored the game plan. Our gun S36 recruit Frothies Mcveigh and club stalwart crazywildhorse seemed to forget what season it is, and actually played absolute blinders. If it wasn't for a certain **** co-captain who also did, they be called out for such trash. Well, I'm happy to be called out as a hypocrite, and will say that was trash.

Round 5 saw our road trip continue with a trip to the Colosseum. A location groaning under the weight of its own history, that thankfully we were far too ignorant of to even acknowledge (though my asking if anything was left of the statue of Nero that is the reason why it is called the 'Colosseum' was met with aggressively blank looks in reply, so the ignorance was not all one way).

The fans that had travelled with us on the road trip were stunned, stunned and appalled, as we put on an absolute clinic in the first three quarters of the match, in the sort of performance that showed there is genuine premiership quality in the list. Thankfully, after we got that whole "qooty good" malarkey out of our systems, we returned to the form that shows we will be the most dominant spoon team in Sweet FA history in S37, and turned on a performance that had absolutely nothing to do with any conversations that I may have had with a few colourful characters I'd met the previous week when we travelled to Las Vegas. NOTHING. AT. ALL.

Anyway, as so often happens, we, uh, "ran out of puff" after 3QT. Now, if a few colourful characters from Las Vegas may have had the unprecedented fortune of predicting this outcome in a wager, that is completely, and utterly, irrelevant to our 4th quarter and the massive swing in the game. We lost. We're going for the spoon. It was a good result, move on, okay?

In a result that ended with a score of 109-98 in favour of our hosts (after a 3QT score of 66-92...), the spudwork was done by Chronz, on a beautiful quest for the Reverse Fred, who was ably assisted by Rioli8217, Sab22, and JyeDye in ignominy; magnificent performances all round, gentlemen. A special mention also needs to go to James Colorado, whose anti-Rock of Gibraltar performance at CHB kept the D50 under pressure all through the 4th Quarter, and is really the reason why we lost so poorly :)

Frothies Mcveigh and crazywildhorse continued their runs of ignoring the coach's instructions entirely, and Edmund hunt played one of his patented high DT games. Cult figure The Cryptkeeper, who had spent the last couple of games carefully instructions, unfortunately had partaken in a little too much of the local amphorae, and forgetting what he was recruited for, reverted to his R1 form to put us in the unfortunate position of leading for much of the match.

Round 5 saw our road trip continue with a trip to the Colosseum. A location groaning under the weight of its own history, that thankfully we were far too ignorant of to even acknowledge (though my asking if anything was left of the statue of Nero that is the reason why it is called the 'Colosseum' was met with aggressively blank looks in reply, so the ignorance was not all one way).

The fans that had travelled with us on the road trip were stunned, stunned and appalled, as we put on an absolute clinic in the first three quarters of the match, in the sort of performance that showed there is genuine premiership quality in the list. Thankfully, after we got that whole "qooty good" malarkey out of our systems, we returned to the form that shows we will be the most dominant spoon team in Sweet FA history in S37, and turned on a performance that had absolutely nothing to do with any conversations that I may have had with a few colourful characters I'd met the previous week when we travelled to Las Vegas. NOTHING. AT. ALL.

Anyway, as so often happens, we, uh, "ran out of puff" after 3QT. Now, if a few colourful characters from Las Vegas may have had the unprecedented fortune of predicting this outcome in a wager, that is completely, and utterly, irrelevant to our 4th quarter and the massive swing in the game. We lost. We're going for the spoon. It was a good result, move on, okay?

In a result that ended with a score of 109-98 in favour of our hosts (after a 3QT score of 66-92...), the spudwork was done by Chronz, on a beautiful quest for the Reverse Fred, who was ably assisted by Rioli8217, Sab22, and JyeDye in ignominy; magnificent performances all round, gentlemen. A special mention also needs to go to James Colorado, whose anti-Rock of Gibraltar performance at CHB kept the D50 under pressure all through the 4th Quarter, and is really the reason why we lost so poorly :)

Frothies Mcveigh and crazywildhorse continued their runs of ignoring the coach's instructions entirely, and Edmund hunt played one of his patented high DT games. Cult figure The Cryptkeeper, who had spent the last couple of games carefully instructions, unfortunately had partaken in a little too much of the local amphorae, and forgetting what he was recruited for, reverted to his R1 form to put us in the unfortunate position of leading for much of the match.
Only gave up 3 this time, poor effort I must say. Looking to reverse that and go on averaging 7.33 like our first three games!

Cult figure?

charles manson fox GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

Ok, now I'm running really behind...

3 match summaries at once.

R6 saw our good friends and fellow music affiocionados the Baghdad Bombers come and visit us at the Hippodrome. The week went exactly to plan, with a dominant performance by myself on Friday night (despite being at a gig, and needing to post in between bands) followed by a decent loss on Sunday where I went completely missing on the qooty field. At the Furies, we call this "exemplary leadership" (well, I made it compulsory to do so).

A well earned 82-112 loss was accomplished on the bank of my reliable teammates in Grockadoc, JyeDye, Sab22, and the anti-Fred in Chronz, while a couple of cowboys in omgfridge, Frothies Mcveigh, Frederico_WA, and NaturalDisaster ensured our friends in Las Vegas with an interest in the final margin being kept within a certain limit were kept happy. I am also aware that saying "a couple of cowboys" and then listing 4 posters is not strictly accurate, but at the Furies, this is called "exemplary math". Again, it's mandatory.

Round 7 saw a disastrous result, in that the lovely Warriors were treated to a week of our hospitality, with the expectation that the reward for dealing with the Furies for a week would be an easy win.

Well, the coach's instructions weren't exactly followed, and I was left very red-faced as the Furies ran off with an unexpected, unprecedented, and quite frankly undeserved win, the final margin of 120-90 demonstrating this is a Qootball Club that could achieve success if only it really wanted to. Thing is, we don't, and this was a freak aberration.

ShaunDuggan seemed to confuse the role of a full-forward with someone who's supposed to kick goals, with sharpshooter deciding he was hungry for more than just Hungry Jack's and helping himself to 5 of them. NaturalDisaster, Shueygod, crazywildhorse, Frothies Mcveigh, and The Cryptkeeper all had big games, and hopefully have got it out of their system, as it affects our race for the spoon.

Now, I want to say that the low DT scores of our backline are the result of some epic spudding it up by Sab22, Chronz, Rioli8217, rfctigerarmy, Toump Ass, and myself, but the reality is those mentioned in the previous paragraph didn't really let it come anywhere near us. So I can confidently state that this result was NOT MY FAULT!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Ophidian Old Boys took the Furies' best qooty players with them to Spotswood when they started their franchise, so there was no surprise our away game in R8 would see us get our losing ways back on track. And so it was to be, with an 84-129 loss that got our spoon hopes back on track.

We were kept in it by some excellent individual performances from SplintWhisky, Feraligatr, Frothies Mcveigh, Edmund hunt, crazywildhorse, and a clear BOG in a losing effort performance from Shueygod, all of whom will come under scrutiny from the coaching panel.

Those who actually contributed to the team's poor effort, JyeDye, The Cryptkeeper, Sab22, tigland, rfctigerarmy, and myself, all returned to warm reactions from the faithful at the Hippodrome.

R9 was a vital game in Furies' history; club legend, THE club immortal rfctigerarmy played his 500th, thankfully against our good friends The Dragons. After a difficult week characterised by some inadvertent and out of character administrative errors, the club rallied around the great man to deliver him a fitting victory in his milestone match, running out winners 144-126 on front of a rabid home crowd.

Outstanding performances by BOG Grockadoc, NaturalDisaster, and Edmund hunt, ably supported by solid games from crazywildhorse, Shueygod, and Feraligatr sealed the victory, and demonstrated this club's commitment to excellence 👏

The milestones continued along with the winning streak in R10, with your Fighting Furies making the trip to the Brunswick Junction Oval and winning a thriller in Toump Ass' 100th, taking the choccies 108-104 in front of one of the more hostile away crowds in the league!

Shueygod continued his midfield domination, splitting BOG honours with Frothies Mcveigh. Edmund hunt, Feraligatr, crazywildhorse, and NaturalDisaster also stepped up on this significant occasion to ensure victory in a week characterised by careful planning from the coaching staff and match committee!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back