Fire season 2020/21

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
*I preface this by saying that I understand that we are in a grips of COVID, but COVID or no COVID, fire will still happen. *

Seeing as we are heading into the Fire season, I was wondering as to how are the preparations regarding fire. For starters I hope everyone has got a contingency plan should worse come to worse as it pertains to fire.

The reason that I didn't put any state tags like VIC , SA, NSW, WA etc is that fire could come from any where in the country, even Tasmania where it is colder than Mainland Australia.

Hopefully its not too bad, certainly not like last year. But it can't help but to be vigilant.

from briefs at work, meteorologists are expecting a very wet summer across the east coast and floods will be expected

be interesting to see how that pans out

our la nina's have been pretty meh so far, but this one looks like it may be the real deal

from briefs at work, meteorologists are expecting a very wet summer across the east coast and floods will be expected

be interesting to see how that pans out

A very wet summer will mean a lot of vegetation regrowth, so next dry cycle that regrowth will become bone dry again, and when the heat's on the fire season will be shocking. So we'll have another 19/20 season again quite soon.

So isn't it great our government is responding to it by doing absolutely ******* nothing:

No national sovereign aerial firefighting fleet, despite the royal commission's call for government to create one.

A very wet summer will mean a lot of vegetation regrowth, so next dry cycle that regrowth will become bone dry again, and when the heat's on the fire season will be shocking. So we'll have another 19/20 season again quite soon.

So isn't it great our government is responding to it by doing absolutely ******* nothing:

No national sovereign aerial firefighting fleet, despite the royal commission's call for government to create one.

You're a saddist and a horrible person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is dated late january:

See if you read both articles, you'd know the key information in the one I posted is that Defence made the damage worse than it could have been, because they didn't tell the firefighters the location of where the fire started for 45 minutes. And this information is what only came to light recently, so it isn't mentioned in the article you posted.

Last edited:
See if you read both articles, you'd know the key information in the one I posted is that Defence made the damage worse than it could have been, because they didn't tell the firefighters the location of where the fire started for 45 minutes. And this information is what only came to light recently, so it isn't mentioned in the article you posted.
Like I said I thought it was common knowledge.

I'm in the RFS, we all knew it was a * up and that they didn't tell anyone, it was gossiped and joked about. I don't think its the first time either.

But I don't think it was deliberate on the part of the chopper crew. My memory of that was they were lucky to get out alive. Its understandable that they made that mistake (not informing fire authorities) in life threatening circumstances, tho its far from ideal.

The really dodgy bit is what happened after the chopper crew got home safely. The blackout on communicating with fire managers. That is worth getting annoyed about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back