First Round Picks

Remove this Banner Ad

MELBOURNE: Jack Watts- Need a tall Forward.

WEST COAST: Daniel Rich- Continuing to develop a midfield.

FREMANTLE:
Nicholas Naitanui- With the loss of Warnock, Nic will play second fiddle to Sandilands.

PORT ADELAIDE:
Tyrone Vickery- Could possible lose Lade, Brogan and Treadrea shortly and Port will be hoping Tyrone will replace these guys.

ESSENDON: Stephen Hill- Rumored to have interest in him and will suit the gameplan of Knights.

CARLTON: Michael Hurley- The blues need a quality tall back.

BRISBANE LIONS: Steele Sidebottom- This is a tricky one. Steele could possibly fill the role of Lappin in the coming years. Steele can also go forward and kick goals which could also help out the Lions forward line who sometimes rely on Brown and Bradshaw too much.

RICHMOND: Shaun McKernan- Richmond need a tall option to possibly replace Richardson in a few years time. Shaun can also play ruck and help out Simmonds and Pattison.

NORTH MELBOURNE: Hamish Hartlett- The Roos need to build a midfield. Hamish has shown a heap of potential and North will be looking to him to replace the likes of Simpson and Harvey.

ADELAIDE: Jack Ziebell- The Crows would either be looking for a tall back or quality midfielder. Ziebell may be the replacement for Goodwin.

COLLINGWOOD: Tom Swift- Collingwood would be looking to rebulid there midfield after losing Buckley, Burns and Licuria over the past couple of years. Swift could be worth the risk here.

SYDNEY: Jackson Trengove- Jackson can play forward or back and with the possible retirements of Hall, Barry and O'Loughlin Jackson shoudl be the perfect replacement.

ST KILDA: Lewis Johnston- The Saints have been looking for a tallish half forward flank for a few years and have failed. Lewis has freakish ability and could be selected here.

WESTERN BULLDOGS: Ayce Cordy- F/S Selection.

GEELONG: Chris Yarren- Chris has been rated the player that has the most ability out of all the kids in this draft but has had question marks over his ability to give one-hundred percentage though out a game. Would be a great selection for the Cats if Chris could play Midfield/ Forward.

HAWTHORN: Sam Blease- With Crawford now retired, Sam could fill his role straight away. Sam needs a pre-saeon in the gym to build up his body and could be a steal here.

Swallow will more than likely replace Simpson as a 22 gamer per season, and Boomer has at least 3 years left, so replacing him is... a bit premature.

However, Hart's would be good :thumbsu:

Don't think he will last until 29. Sydney, Brisbane are keen as well. I would prefer Swift, but the pies interest lie with Beams or Blease. Maybe Blease would be more likely to be there at 29. By some fortune maybe Swift will be there at 29. He may be, seeing he hasn't played for about 2 years.

I was wondering how people rate Tom Scully from Vic Metro? He looked hard at it from his highlight clips. I haven't heard anybody mention him. I was really impressed by that Vic Metro team this year and I think that because of the star studded WA team combined with a Vic Metro team, is the reason why this draft is so rich (forgive the pun) in talent.

Don't think he will last until 29. Sydney, Brisbane are keen as well. I would prefer Swift, but the pies interest lie with Beams or Blease. Maybe Blease would be more likely to be there at 29. By some fortune maybe Swift will be there at 29. He may be seeing he hasn't played for about 2 years.

Where did you hear we werek interested in Blease or Beams on not Swift?

I was wondering how people rate Tom Scully from Vic Metro? He looked hard at it from his highlight clips. I haven't heard anybody mention him. I was really impressed by that Vic Metro team this year and I think that because of the star studded WA team combined with a Vic Metro team, is the reason why this draft is so rich (forgive the pun) in talent.
Scully is to young to be Drafted this year

Its being touted around the traps that Adelaide will take KPP local Phil Davis with their first pick in the draft , make of it what you want, and they are not the only club looking at taking him earlier than most have him listed. There are always surprises, this maybe one to pencil in.

Pies wont be taking Swift at 11. Can guarantee that Beams will be taken at pick 11.

this is just ridiculous... not the fact that the pies will or won't take beams, because honestly i dont really care who they take. only hope they dont take someone that geelong were keen on, so really taking beams would probably be a good thing as i havent heard his name being mentioned with geelong at all

but the amount of times that people say things are guaranteed, lock it in, for sure ect on this forum is just ridiculous.

do you have anything to base this on???

im sick of people picking needs for each team. IMO if richmond choose McKernan over hartlett/ziebell i will throwup. but i would be happy to get him if both are gone.

Where did you hear we werek interested in Blease or Beams on not Swift?

I am not saying that we're not interested in him, but put it this way, if he's not available to us come the second round, we will not be to concerned. He will be a good player, but with Beams, if you like the way Pendles plays this game, then you will love Beams. Talk about smooth movers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back