Remove this Banner Ad

TheSpaghettiBoy21

Magpies Tragic and Odd Stats Enthusiast
Oct 14, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Hobart Hurricanes
Which AFL team do you reckon will be the first to win their 20th Premiership (and when)?

Which AFL team do you reckon will be the first to win their 20th Premiership (and when)?
Hawthorn has won 13 of the last 61 Premierships, 7 of the last 34. If you plan to live long enough I'd 'put my money' on them.
Carlton has only added one to their total of 16 in the last 34 years and Essendon has added two to their total of 16 in the same period.

Hawthorn has won 13 of the last 61 Premierships, 7 of the last 34. If you plan to live long enough I'd 'put my money' on them.
Carlton has only added one to their total of 16 in the last 34 years and Essendon has added two to their total of 16 in the same period.
Maybe mathematically, but I don't know hawthorn will win 7 flags in 30 years. Obviously, 30 years is a long time so things can change, but most teams who become dynasties don't do it again for a while. but there's no way Carlton will get it in 100 years ha.

Jack Graham

Essendon / Carlton / Collingwood the obvious ones.

Need 4 / 4 / 5 respectively, whilst the next group in Richmond / Hawthorn / Melbourne all need 7. An Essendon or Carlton 'dynasty' run like the Hawks 2008 - 2015 type period is enough to get them there, whilst that next group needing 7 would need at least two similar runs to get there.

One of Essendon, Collingwood or Carlton are well overdue to win 2 or 3 flags in a 5 year span. Hopefully it’s the latter.
yeah i reckon youre right, but i think Essendon are realistically the closest to winning a flag.

yeah i reckon youre right, but i think Essendon are realistically the closest to winning a flag.
At least it’d give my nan something before she goes. Don’t know how many flags she’s seen at 75 but this would surely have to be the driest spell of her lifetime supporting Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back