Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I do wonder that Luko told Crows he wasn't coming home next year so the looked for his replacement
Once we knew we weren’t getting Grundy or Luko I thought it was a good bet that we would go for a TALL with our first pick.

We can pick up a quality mid with pick three next year :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
DRAFT ANALYSIS: “The standout key position player in the draft, McAsey has shown great promise at both ends of the ground with his contested and intercept marking and looks set to be the first key position player drafted.”

STRENGTHS:
Marking
Reading the play
Contested work
Versatility
Size
Footy IQ

IMPROVEMENTS:
Athleticism
Kicking composure

Not much gets past McAsey as he patrols the back 50, he is either under the ball taking a strong contested mark or flying in from the side, timing his jump and taking impressive intercept marks so he doesn’t just rely on his size to out-body his opponents. He can also judge the ball in flight and intercept brilliantly. Up forward he hasn’t been able to show what he can do often but he has shown to have a good set shot routine, time his leads well and is a strong mark on the lead. He could certainly play any either end being used not too dissimilarly to how Essendon use Cale Hooker and both are similar players both in size and marking ability. McAsey has shown good courage in defence going back with the flight and sitting under the ball with oncoming players ready to go through him but with his strong size he holds up well and should continue to do so at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me alot of Talia. Best talls in their respective drafts, both a bit serious in their demeanor, both good sizes to be a KPP, both mooted to be able to play either end of the ground but mostly known as a marking defender.

Hopefully McAsey works out as well!
Bit more proactive as a defender

The thought of using our highest pick ever on a defender makes me sick.

I have a feeling Sydney going for Stephens blindsided us.
No it didn’t, Sydney have been linked to him for a while. If he was number one on our board then we don’t trade down from 4 to 6. It’s like people think clubs don’t plan for every situation and just wing it on draft night.

We were linked to McAsey for a while now and McAsey even himself said we were a strong chance to pick him

Hopefully this means that we're pretty sold on Jones and McHenry being quality midfielders for us

Back