Fitzroy Vs the Paddle Pop lion court case

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a womanly like touch to put an idea accross so subtly that egotistical meatheads will have a "Eureka" moment, then proclaim themselves as being brilliant for coming up with it.

TBD, does Ms Stitchface have any experience in that arena? :D

The way you've described it, it sounds like if she was, I probably wouldn't realise. ;)

65191447.jpg

melbourne_new_emblem_200x247.jpg

Okay, okay.. i know im flogging a dead horse now, but i dont care. Gee Melbourne did well with their new Emblem! I reckon it would look better without all the shading so it was less 3D, but still. Congratulations to Jimmy Stynes on getting the club out of debt.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

On another note, my wife received some sort of letter from the club today on letterhead which didn't feature the 'Fitzroy Lion'. I thought the results of the settlement were that it was to feature both? Hasn't this begun yet?

You can't tell me it's because it takes too long to print letterhead.

You want letterhead? I can get you letterhead, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you the letterhead by this afternoon--with nail polish. These ****ing amateurs.

You want letterhead? I can get you letterhead, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you the letterhead by this afternoon--with nail polish. These ****ing amateurs.

I lol'd! :thumbsu:

They've set up the club constitution in a way that they are extremely well protected and as a result, threats just arouse their ego and give them a "come and get us" mentality.

I think this is the BIGGEST problem with the club off field. Reality is because they get to do proxy's any move to do anything positive from outside there control will be blocked by them as a lot of members don't vote (Or as I when I was a member received my voting card 1 day before the due date).

A board with no threat of being voted out is what we currently have and it is absolute chaos, the last 12 months prove this.

Kuklinski, the style of the MFC monogram is really good, but the rest of that entire graphic is bordering on being as bad as the Leo Sayer. It looks like the kid's flare in the shop in Office Space.

aha. that's a good call, but i still like it.

One thing I liked is that they refer to it as an EMBLEM and inside the emblem it features such flair as the MFC logo (monogram), the southern cross, the demons trident etc. What I like is the language. They have declared that it is not a logo change. The logo of the club is the MFC (though a bit stylised here unfortunately). I wish our admin just accepted (as per the merger agreement) that the logo of our club was the fitzroy lion. (and that other ovaly thing that we'd been repping for the past decade and the shield before it) were never infact the clubs 'logo' - just the emblem.

With this logic, they could actually get away with keeping the paddlepop as the emblem - as long as they incorporated the logo somehow. Maybe that's what they thought they were doing to the jumper when they vandalised the Fitzroy Lion by sticking that Mardi-gras mask all over the top of it.

Fair enough, I guess I'm a "simple does it" kindah cad.

melblem.jpg

But the high intensity of visual stimuli in the Melbourne emblem of course is the way things have gone these days due to the target market now centreing around people who spend a LOT of times with visual overload in their activities. TV, gaming, etc, all now has HIGH intensity vis overload. The amount of media options, with phones, iPads, etc, and couple this with the heightened caffeine leanings and general hyperactivity of the population. So it makes sense to cram as much crap as possible into an emblem. Its disgusting, but its probably gbp.

melbourne_new_emblem_200x247.jpg

Yeah..well...you know....that's just like...your..opinion man...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back