Media Five Ton Clarkey

Remove this Banner Ad

37413-1.jpg

#ClarkeM500

In Round 7, ClarkeM plays his 500th Sweet FA Match for The Wonders against The Warriors

I reached out to some of his Current/ Former Teammates & Opponents to share their thoughts/ memories of the Golden God

Here is what they had to say:

Mobbs

Clarkey's been around a long time, and I've interacted with him constantly. He doesn't let you now. Both from the stuff he makes here, to just, any comment he throws out, he's always worth reading, to one level or another.

He has had millions of ideas over the years, often too brilliant for us small minds. He'll generally always back up his concepts too - probably my favourite example is the Tour of Bigfooty concept*. He'll honestly argue, and honestly opine.

And he's literally money.

*He did pinch this from me tbf, but he did a much better job of it.

And congratulations Clarkey. Good job.

croweater 41

Clarkey who’d have thought a young boy from redacted who started on YouTube as redacted would grow up to be the 500 game stalwart and pain in the arse of the SFA. Well to be honest I knew you had it in you the first time I met you in front of the grandstand at redacted. Clarkey we have lived laughed and loved our way through 30 seasons of this game that a local (for us anyway) Mobbs created all these years ago. From sharing premierships to you badgering me to be captain of the Wonders after Rick left me in charge. We have had our ups and downs and everything in between but the best time was when I went and played with the Hawks and Demons.

I hope to see you for 500 more games here as someone has to keep the Wonders leadership group, the committee room and the SFA Admin in check because I sure as * aren’t going to do it.

I do hope we lose in this so I’m not the only one who had a major milestone loss this year (JT_the_Man I didn’t forget you I just want clarkey to lose too)

ShaunDuggan

ClarkeM lured me to the Wonders with all the hopes and dreams of premiership glory.

The night he managed to get my signature I think he may have spiked my drink, because the next morning I woke up next to some duct tape, vaseline and a banana. He says he had nothing to do with it. Wonders HQ launched a probe into the incident not too long after that, my prostate was fine. I still walk around with clinched ass cheeks.

Anyway, best thing he ever did was appoint me skipper. Won a flag. That's pretty much my CV for a bloke with 400+ games. What a spud.

Thanks campaigner. Enjoy your 500th. campaigner.

SSwans2011

500 games? * me. Don't think anyone can argue that Clarkey isn't one of the GOATs of the SFA. Legend of the Wonders, and along with BallaratBulldog, he's the only person that's been at the club since I've joined. Been a privilege spending my entire career with him. :love:

Dingster

Clarkey is the absolute heart beat of the Wonders. Brilliant advocate of the Wonders brand and embraces all the history often referencing a poster of seasons gone by.

He was a hoot to have in our LG and the Last Dance season was great fun with the LG super engaged and full of shenanigans! His work in the team PM with good mates crowey, SSwans2011 etc was great value with a ton of amusing anecdotes. Also who on this earth does their B&F write up as an audio file!!

Grats on the 500 Clarkey. A milestone worth celebrating.

Broken

I only played one game with the great man. He came out of the blue whispering sweet nothings about premiership glory. We were close, so close to making the big dance and my appreciation of him grew greatly during that time. Congratulations on 500 things.

Pie 4 Life

It's about time you got to 500 games Clarkey, you're the fourth of the Old Firm (Tarks, myself, snags and you) to do it. I guess that's what happens when you don't play many finals in recent years 😉

But congrats on the milestone mate, it's a big effort and who can believe we're still in this ****show of a league. Never short of a word or an idea good, bad or otherwise, it's testament to your dedication that you've made it this far and have stuck it out.

Wish you all the best for your 500th game and considering you're playing the Warriors, I hope you smash them. Not just a little bit, I hope you burn them into oblivion to the point that they want to abstain from a finals series they won't make anyway. I have a bye myself, so obviously have the tougher matchup, but might drop in.

I'll let others say a bit more, but basically it's a huge effort, and while we love a cheeky back and fourth, you've been an awesome presence in this league for many years, and here's to 500 more 🥳

Tigerturbulance

Well done on 500 games ClarkeM, indeed a milestone game to celebrate and deserved as you are one of the select few brave enough to sit in Turbos Hotseat

BallaratBulldog

A wonder icon and sex symbol. Who has always put the work in at the club when required it. I think one of the highlights was when ClarkeM hung up the boots. Unlike what some thought, It was a legendary tale of putting his boots up on the locker at the end on the day of training. Ready for tomorrow.

Kennedy Parker

ClarkeM along with okeydoke7 and Nakia (Jack The Godfather ) is one of my top 3 favourite posters of all time.

Why? Because Clarke is the embodiment of everything the league is about. The pedantry, the awe-inspiring ability to find new and wonderful ways to complain about something, the 'I don't give a s**t about anything' attitude, while simultaneously acting for the good of the league when needed and maintaining great respect for institutions and norms of the comp.

Clarke is a legend from a bygone era, where people really don't value how troglodytes on a fantasy competition perceive you. His ability to upset as many people as humanly possible with no effort at al, and to keep it up for 500 games, is a trait that I admire and seek to emulate on a daily basis.

One of the most memorable contributions of ClarkeM is in Season 19 when in the course of his usual dickhead behaviour - Clarke posted a ClarkeMedia thread criticising Royals inactivity which led to the fantastic poster that is Blacky going from complete inactive to Beez-winning Royals legend and DemonJim nemesis.

His ClarkeMedia Presents: Piss Off thread is also a must-read.

Congratulations Clarke on game 500, long may you continue to be you and effortlessly ruin the SFA experience of the vapid flogs that reside this place with your presence.

Oh yeah and also he recruited Millky95 after spookism 's massive post-nWo sook. And Millky recruited me so anyone who is displeased with the current state of the league can blame Clarke.

Hate

Congratulations to my good friend, ClarkeM on becoming just the 7th player to play in 500 Sweet Football Association games. It is remarkable in of itself, but to still be around and actively contributing to the place we all know ClarkeM has a deep love for is truly amazing. ClarkeM has been an integral part of the league for many seasons, from on-field success all the way through his off-field contributions such as his early work on the Sweet F.A podcast, as well as a prolific media poster - which by the way, he will be THRILLED that someone points out his efforts in the Sweet F.A Player Association - beez Trophy, which is his favourite league award. Polling in 16 seasons goes a way to show how long ClarkeM has been contributing to the league. I have no doubt he sticks around so that he can try and win this accolade to add to his already impressive Hall of Fame resume. Very few players are so tightly associated with a club as ClarkeM is with the Mount Buller Demons after his mammoth contribution to them over 27 seasons ago.

Go well in Game 500 and cheers for making the league a better place, Clarkey. Hopefully around another 500! :thumbsu:

The Filth Wizard

I'm very fond of Clarkey. He loves this place and while I don't even know if he's done much in 500 games onfield I know in the ten human years I've been here there are very few people to have had such a presence. I consider him an influence, I was able to develop my own character in the Sweet FA as a result of our work together on the Sweet FA podcast and it became a time when personalities really got to take hold and we weren't just playing pretend footy. He's also one of those guys that has got the devil in him, 100% we'd be poorer without him. I wish him all the best for 500 and I have no doubt we'll be saying similar for many more milestones.

Headless

Given Clarkey debuted the season after I did, it's a huge injustice that ClarkeM will play game 500 the season before I will. However, ClarkeM is a true legend of the Mount Buller Demons - club #1 for Clarkey and, from what I've heard, the club nearest and dearest to ClarkeM's heart.

You can't deny that ClarkeM has equal parts passion and disdain for this place, and has done a lot for it. ClarkeM is one of my favourite opponents for that reason.

Good on you, Clarkey. Well done.

ClarkeM.

Moz

I've been around long enough now to see Clarkey go through quite a few different personas and each of them have been quite enjoyable to watch. From the hard arse campaigner to the censored, the spammer and the lover. Though one constant has remained throughout these changes, Clarkey has no problems telling you his opinion. He thrives on chaos and loves it when he gets under your skin.

It's been a pleasure play alongside him and represent his club.

Congratulations Clarkey, hopefully there's another 500 ahead.

nahnah

Congrats on 500 games Clarkey, an achievement to cherish for the rest of your life. A toast to the next 500

200.gif

NaturalDisaster

Oh yeah

Clarkey is the biggest whinge in the SFA and a pita for all admins

You suck Clarkey

Congrats in 500

Last edited:

Good luck for game #499 this week, Clarkey.

EDIT: Oh, we are up to Round 7. I see. Good luck for game #500 this week, Clarkey.

I just checked Sweet FA + before you edited your post :unsure:

Massive congratulations to ClarkeM on 500 games.

A grade curmudgeon about s**t that doesn't really matter, and about s**t that does. An absolute beaut of a team mate during my time at the Wonders, the soul of the place. Is a thread that runs through the land of sweet that reaches all corners and leaves both a lasting impression and a hell of a legacy.

Cheers fella

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me Clarkey is obviously great in the media and match threads but he truly shines in our team PM. This includes:

• acute paranoia about getting up accurate and on time team sheets
  • season upon season of he and Crowwy chipping at each other
  • backing people up and stressing the imperatives of RL
  • being an absolute scallywag in planning and executing hi-jinks
  • heaps of other things.
In some respect Clarkey’s persona reflects the Wonders or the reverse. Whatever, it damn well works.

So have a great week Clarkey and may we slaughter the unfortunate Coney Island Cemetery residents.

One drunken night of shenanigans with ClarkeM actually changed the whole course of my Sweet FA career, and he doesn’t even know it.

Congrats Clarkey, I’ve always said when you’re up and about and doing stuff the League is a much more fun place for it, even tho you can be a polarising figure you are the bread and butter of this place along with a handful of others. Unstoppable in your heyday…Clarke Media, Clarke Monies, Werewolf melts…you were a pioneer.
500 is a milestone worthy of a thread and all the accolades. Great stuff 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Last edited:
Hey ClarkeM , damicky asked me to contribute to this but I forgot.

Then he reminded me about it and I forgot again. Hang on, what was this about?

Good luck in your 500th this week. Without doubt, one of the all-time greats.

Hey ClarkeM , damicky asked me to contribute to this but I forgot.

Then he reminded me about it and I forgot again. Hang on, what was this about?

Good luck in your 500th this week. Without doubt, one of the all-time greats.

Bloody Rookies 🙄

#ClarkeM500

In Round 7, ClarkeM plays his 500th Sweet FA Match for The Wonders against The Warriors
How many seasons have you been playing?

Reaching 500 games against the one opponent is certainly worth celebrating!

Congratulations ClarkeM, look forward to your 500th game against the Bombers.

How many seasons have you been playing?

Reaching 500 games against the one opponent is certainly worth celebrating!

Congratulations ClarkeM, look forward to your 500th game against the Bombers.

I knew someone would do this

yGkmQWl.png

Go well ClarkeM, but not too well obviously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back