Food Dislikes

Remove this Banner Ad

Star said:
I was planning to write the same thing but saw this when reading the other posts.

Agree 100% - love olives, spanish, kalamata, stuffed with fetta or sundried tomatoes - quality

As far as Olives - they kick some serious behind.

Fetta is something that I do love. Although a wise chef once told me that the day you eat bad fetta, is the day you never eat Fetta again.

Won't eat cottage cheese or brussel sprouts.

Not a food dislike as such, as I love every ingredient that goes into it separately, but I cannot get that fascination with paella. I can eat it, even enjoy it somewhat, but when people rave about it, I just shrug. Apparently shared some of the best paellas ever, but didn't even cause a blip on my radar. Over-priced stew if you ask me.

Harvey Leadpipe said:
Won't eat cottage cheese or brussel sprouts.

Not a food dislike as such, as I love every ingredient that goes into it separately, but I cannot get that fascination with paella. I can eat it, even enjoy it somewhat, but when people rave about it, I just shrug. Apparently shared some of the best paellas ever, but didn't even cause a blip on my radar. Over-priced stew if you ask me.

I'm with you on this one Harvs. Maybe I just haven't stumbled across a really good one? Time will tell, I guess.

As for my dislikes:

Peas
Corn
Beans
Raw tomato
Raw carrots
Raw celery
Capsicum
Anchovies
Capers
Pineapple

I'm vegetarian.

meat = :thumbsdown:

mantis said:
What's wrong with you people, olives & anchovies are yummy, corainder isn't realy a food it's a herb.

I dislike brussel sprouts, broccoli, all offal, fetta cheese, meat, all fish apart from shark, Tim Tams, dark chocolate, cream, pineapple, artichokes & asparagus.

tim tams :eek: , you gotta be the first person ever not to like them. :eek:

Parmesan Cheese :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
That stuff stinks worse than the contents of baby's nappy and makes me dry retch.

Spaghetti Bolognaise does the same thing, as does stew.
Also can't stand butter, margarine, mustard, hot dogs or cornjacks.

I'm a very fussy eater.

mantis said:
I dislike brussel sprouts, broccoli, all offal, fetta cheese, meat, all fish apart from shark, Tim Tams, dark chocolate, cream, pineapple, artichokes & asparagus.

Surprised noone else went for this. Given their function why would you eat kidneys and liver? May as well lick a toilet bowl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kingpin said:
Parmesan Cheese :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
That stuff stinks worse than the contents of baby's nappy and makes me dry retch.

As a young buck the smell used to get to me too, now that i've matured ;) I quite like the stuff, but real parmesan cheese, shaved off a block not that powdered processed rubbish that some restaurants serve in a jar :rolleyes: which still makes me sick

medusala said:
Surprised noone else went for this. Given their function why would you eat kidneys and liver? May as well lick a toilet bowl.

Exactly, eeewwww, also forgot tripe, FFS the lining of a sheeps stomach, (vomit emoticom). For lovers of seafood sticks, did you know that they are made from tripe? :D

Freo Big Fella said:
Anchovies. Working at a pizza place I actively make my scorn obvious for anyone who chooses to destroy the flavour of a decent pizza by putting these little progenies of satan on.

Freo wuss. :p When I worked at Pizza Hut, I used to make myself anchovy pizza, just sauce, cheese & anchovies, yummy. :D

Tuna/Salmon............I have to leave the room if a family member is eating it. Also don't like vegemite or olives.

Some mexican stuff too........looks/smells like chuck. Remember that joint in chadstone.......the smell was terrible:eek:

Also use to hate coriander and basil but love both now.

Effes said:
Some mexican stuff too........looks/smells like chuck. Remember that joint in chadstone.......the smell was terrible:eek:
It all depends on what mexican food you're talking about.
Because i'm Diabetic i cant eat Pizza and some of the toppings on Pizza remind me of chuck anyway.

tripe is great...

anchovies are sensational.... i always have them in the fridge... i think people are put off by the smell and shape... i always finely dice them up for pizza toppings, salads, and pasta sauces... an absolute must... :thumbsu:

My dislikes are:-

pumpkin
zucchini
tomato sauce
olives
tinned asparagus
onions (unless as part of a cooked dish such as fried rice or spag bog etc)
anything REALLY hot (curry, chilli etc)
offal
cooked capsicum

I used to be a really fussy eater (eg peas getting into my mashed potato would gross me out, and I could eat egg yolk but not egg white, etc). Not so finicky these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back