FTA-TV Football Superstar

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched the English version 'Football Icon' where the winner received a contract with Chelsea. Surprisingly the winner was a Chelsea fan. :eek: ;) I wonder what happened to him...

I'll be surprised if the winner of this makes the first team of Sydney FC.

Hi guys interesting concept where 1 person from 15 wins a 1 year contract to play with Sydney FC. Post all thoughts here.
That is what they would like you to believe.

Whilst technically it is correct, it is a 1-year contract with the Sydney FC Youth Team who will play in the new National Youth League.

If I have to watch the corny add 1 more time I will seriously stab myself in the eyes with a fork.

Lamest add in the history of adds.

Has potential. Could be a good show, not sure why Brian McFadden (sp?) is hosting it.

Even though the contract is for the youth team, it is still an opportunity for these kids who probably would never have gotten one.
I liked the first show and the trials and tribulations they went through to get to where they are.
I'm looking forward to the show.

That is what they would like you to believe.

Whilst technically it is correct, it is a 1-year contract with the Sydney FC Youth Team who will play in the new National Youth League.

There's nothing stopping them playing for the senior team either, if they're good enough.

Just watched it. Was ok, bit repetitive but you can't really do it any other way. Good to see theres no sobbing and crying for sympathy from the boys (unlike most other reality shows).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The players are so s**t.

In those one on one challeneges, none of them could use their opposite foot.

maradona1.jpg

Neither could this guy.

Missed the first episode, just watched the 2nd. Not enough action IMO. They arn't that great anyway. As I said I missed the first episode but I'm sure most who go through could juggle the ball 50 million times and do other tricky s**t but have no real 'football' ability. BTW why does Brian McFadden host the show? Apart from rooting Delta he hasn't done much. I suppose being from the UK means you are the ideal host for 'Foosball' show.

does anybody know who 'pricey's dad is. they said on the promo for next weeks show that he is a former superstar himself.
Played for Tottenham in the FA Cup Final & won in the replay sometime in the 1980's. Also captained Wales.

Ep 3 was ok, bit more action and less repetitive.

Interesting how the army challenge had a massive impact on who got eliminated. The way they make John Kosmina sound like the king of football makes me hate him even more. Good on that guy in the first episode who said he doesn't like the way he goes about it.

I watched it the other day, the one where they did the army course and stuff. I didn't mind it. Will definitely watch the next ep :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back