Footyology podcast 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to comment on how much footy being watched. If every game was like the Gold Coast Saints game i would be absolutely watching every game but unfortunately i have seen too many Collingwood games this year which have been absolute garbage. I am going to torture myself and keep watching the Pies but will stick to teams like Gold Coast, Brisbane, Saints, West Coast etc who actually play entertaining football.

And Rohan , how could you forget the Lime Spiders being a Perth band!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

The Round 10/11 Review & part Round 11 Preview show (if that makes sense!) us up. We wrap up all the games played from last Thursday night through to Sunday night, and preview the four left in Round 11 before we do it all again on Thursday! This might be the one time in the modern footy media environment we actually DO just talk about the games!

Cheers,
Rohan

Got to comment on how much footy being watched. If every game was like the Gold Coast Saints game i would be absolutely watching every game but unfortunately i have seen too many Collingwood games this year which have been absolute garbage. I am going to torture myself and keep watching the Pies but will stick to teams like Gold Coast, Brisbane, Saints, West Coast etc who actually play entertaining football.

And Rohan , how could you forget the Lime Spiders being a Perth band!
Triffids too

Hi folks,

The latest episode is up. We chat plenty of footy news, grand final venues, Joe Daniher and North Melbourne. There's a wrap up the remainder of Round 11 and we preview the entirety of Round 12 as this non-stop footy marathon winds down. Did you emerge unscathed?

Cheers,
Rohan

Hi folks,

The latest episode is up. We chat plenty of footy news, grand final venues, Joe Daniher and North Melbourne. There's a wrap up the remainder of Round 11 and we preview the entirety of Round 12 as this non-stop footy marathon winds down. Did you emerge unscathed?

Cheers,
Rohan

Re the chat about getting used to current length of (shortened) games. Trust me - as someone lucky enough to have gone to 15 games this season, it is very noticeable when attending.

Re the chat about getting used to current length of (shortened) games. Trust me - as someone lucky enough to have gone to 15 games this season, it is very noticeable when attending.
Yeah disagree with Rowan on this one. Bring back full length games as soon as we possibly can (round 1 2021).

i also think that you were a bit hard on rankine with that last possession. you have to remember that you are at home and have the countdown clock. and so its clear what course of action he should take.
but at the ground there is no countdown clock.
the interchange stewards had held up the board with a "1" on it what seemed like minutes earlier - so in all likelihood rankine might have thought that the siren would go at any point and so to quickly play on could see the siren blow when the ball was mid air. so he thought to stop, walk back for a shot on to score probably expecting the siren to go at any point (i know i was expecting the siren to go as he was lining up).

as it turns out it didnt so in hindsight (and for viewers on tv) it looked like a stupid thing to do to stop and take a set shot.

and this goes to the current absurdity there is about the clock.
on tv, everyone knows.
at the ground, coaches know, the bench knows, people in corporate boxes with a feed of the tv know, radio callers (if tv available) know, and those in the crowd with kayo or foxtel on their phone know (albeit with anywhere from a 10 second to 30 second delay), but players on the field of play do not know.

they either need to have everyone know (countdown clock at the ground)
or
have no one know (no countdown clock anywhere, not tv,not coaches etc)

Hi folks,

Here's the latest ep of the pod, Round 12 reviewed and the last game previewed. Note to any Essendon fans, I had a bit of a rant about just where the club is at. It's not pretty.

Cheers,
Rohan

12-15 regulars missing i think theyre doin ok,god if Richmond was missing 8-10 starters wed be doin a lot worse i reckon
worst hit injury side in the comp,frustrating i know but it is what it is

Hi folks,

Here's the latest ep of the pod, Round 12 reviewed and the last game previewed. Note to any Essendon fans, I had a bit of a rant about just where the club is at. It's not pretty.

Cheers,
Rohan

The club has over rated its list for 10 years at least, and Daddoro being difficult to deal with at trade time has cost it a few picks/good players. Might be time for Daddoro to go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey RoCo,

I won one of your competitions on the podcast about 6 months ago and have tried emailing info@footyology.com.au 3 times to send you my details without a reply? Every day without an Andrews Hamburgers t-shirt is a struggle, have you still got any left?

Keep up the good work.

G'day, really sorry about that, not good enough. Would you mind just sending ONE more email to that address with contact details and phone and I promise I'll get someone straight on to it.

Hi guys,

Latest episode is up online now. Attached is a clip of our discussion on the Tom Lynch-Sam Collins incident. Today we also talk grand final venues, Elijah Taylor's indiscretion and subsequent treatment, and the appropriation of the Indigenous flag. We wrap-up last Monday night's game, and of course, there's a full preview of Round 13. Full episode is below.

Cheers,
Rohan

Just listened to the Sunday night episode. Good content but Finey sounded like he had just been to the dentist making this one a bit hard to listen too. Anyway i got through it! Thought you were a bit harsh on the Gold Coast as they had their worst game of the season in that they couldn't hit a target, They will win more this year for sure. and not hard enough on GWS, they are a rabble who are the biggest under achievers other than Melbourne.

As for tipping Collingwood? As a Pies supporter we have probably picked the worst side in 5 years with no balance and i fully expect Norf to beat us.

I note a very Murdoch like trend with Footyology the last week. Throw lots of mud at Collingwood for the clickbait benefits.
Any publicity is good publicity I suppose even if you want to be known for considered analysis

I note a very Murdoch like trend with Footyology the last week. Throw lots of mud at Collingwood for the clickbait benefits.
Any publicity is good publicity I suppose even if you want to be known for considered analysis
P
what on earth are you talking about? Please don't lump all Collingwood supporters with your own insane conspiracy theories.

Might just be a byproduct of speaking about racism

A premiership captain of Collingwood was quoted as saying "I'd make a racist comment every week if I thought it would help win the game" & that's pretty ****ed.

"Truth is my only defence your honour."

Hmmm, you think so? Or you think we might have talked about it in the context of the Robert Muir story (which was published only the previous day)? And did it sound like clickbait to you? Really? Fair enough, but I'd say 90pc of the feedback we got (to Finey's subsequent column on the site as well) was that it was a considered discussion).

Hi guys,

Round 14 preview episode is up. We're talking Joe Daniher's return, pre-finals byes and grand final date and venue, there's a review of last Monday's game (if you can still remember it!) and full previews of every game in Round 14, as "Footyfest II" kicks into gear. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Hi guys,

Round 14 preview episode is up. We're talking Joe Daniher's return, pre-finals byes and grand final date and venue, there's a review of last Monday's game (if you can still remember it!) and full previews of every game in Round 14, as "Footyfest II" kicks into gear. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Hey Rohan i have a very small quibble with the website. The font for reading is very light. Is it possible to make it darker as i struggle to read on my computer screen,

Thanks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back