Multiplat Fortnite Battle Royale

Remove this Banner Ad

When you all work it out, you'll be ready for my second tip... Just build.

All good man. Had a break from it and it's drawing me back in so will catch you on there again soon
Rocket Pass launched today. Get in there and earn some items :D

I'm s**t, how do I get better?

Practice.

I can't build for s**t in a battle (i'm fine building to get places and to protect if someone is shooting from a distance etc) so i don't bother with that, I just try position myself well and make sure I got good at aiming.

Use the right weapons e.g. shotgun or smg for close range. AR for middle range and then Sniper for long range etc.

Don't rush people when you see them immediately, suss out the situation because usually there will be more than 1 of them, and then you've also drawn attention to yourself so others look to capitalise on the fight.

Don't go into areas that are highly populated if you can avoid it, e.g. tilted towers.

Hug the edge of the circle, that way your back is covered and you're only looking forward (and to the side).

Get a microphone/headset, the game is 10000 times easier when you have teammates that are communicating to you e.g. anyone have ammo, anyone have any health for me, there's enemy at SW45 etc etc

Really tried to like this as my missus has gotten into it and was hoping to play with her on her PC and me on the Xbone. The building mechanics give me the shits, an hour or two in I just got sick of getting the drop on someone only to have them spam build and bunny hop me with a shotgun. Could I invest the time to 'git gud' at building and enjoy it more? Probably. Do I feel like the payoff is going to be worth that time? * no.

Really tried to like this as my missus has gotten into it and was hoping to play with her on her PC and me on the Xbone. The building mechanics give me the shits, an hour or two in I just got sick of getting the drop on someone only to have them spam build and bunny hop me with a shotgun. Could I invest the time to 'git gud' at building and enjoy it more? Probably. Do I feel like the payoff is going to be worth that time? **** no.
Do you have "Pro builder" control scheme on?
If so and still struggle like me....... give up hahaha

Watch youtube clips on playground routines to practice building then go to playground and practice building. It's really not that hard.

Even just getting the basics down early on with building and improve as you go. It's not like you have to grind to be a pro builder right away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really tried to like this as my missus has gotten into it and was hoping to play with her on her PC and me on the Xbone. The building mechanics give me the shits, an hour or two in I just got sick of getting the drop on someone only to have them spam build and bunny hop me with a shotgun. Could I invest the time to 'git gud' at building and enjoy it more? Probably. Do I feel like the payoff is going to be worth that time? **** no.
It's taken me about 3 months for the building to finally click...

Brother and I played duos and won last night.. (our 2nd win together) but between the both of us..... we got zero kills... we landed on the viking ship (no one else landed there) we decided to go snobby shores pillaged that joint... still hadnt seen anyone.. we climbed up the big hill with the building built inside of it next to snobby. (Still seen nobody) still in the circle which was basically the top of the mountain... 4 left 2 down the bottom were fighting.. the winner of that fight started building up to us and fell and died!! Bahahahahahaha... sad... but I'll take the win.

Brother and I played duos and won last night.. (our 2nd win together) but between the both of us..... we got zero kills... we landed on the viking ship (no one else landed there) we decided to go snobby shores pillaged that joint... still hadnt seen anyone.. we climbed up the big hill with the building built inside of it next to snobby. (Still seen nobody) still in the circle which was basically the top of the mountain... 4 left 2 down the bottom were fighting.. the winner of that fight started building up to us and fell and died!! Bahahahahahaha... sad... but I'll take the win.

Welcome to the no kills club, you're not alone!

I'd take that W and not feel bad about it at all.

Soooo my 9 year old son got a solo victory before me.....
My 11 year old has 3 solo's I think, and multiple duo's. I dont play, but once grabbed his controller for a few minutes for a go. He has it set so sensitively I was spinning in circles and had no control. He builds so fast it is ridiculous. Muscle memory for this s**t must have disappeared at a certain age for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back