Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
Sorry for the intrusion, Couldn't find this any where else

Just had to come on here and say that i think your ad on Fox Footy is one of the best going around

captures the clubs spirit, the champions at your club, the things to get excited about and has the best vibe to it

can someone explain the following sequnce...the boys come out of the surf, the girls obviously approve, cool, but then a draw in shot of Goodesy giving the nod..hmmm..cut to the pub. Another example of Goodsey taking on 3 and coming out winning?

Corny, cliched, crap.

Great slogan 'Sydney's passion'.

Chance to capitalise on the club's history and obliquely contrast the 'Johnny come lately' status of GWS.

Opportunity to have a 'timeline' ad, tracing the history of the Swans, showing that it is the city's club.
Capper, Kelly, Lockett, Kirk, Hall, Goodes, Reid.
The Premiership.
The flag on the Harbour Bridge.

The Swans part of the Sydney sporting landscape for 30 years.

Instead we end up with what could just as easily be a beer or deodorant commercial.

Corny, cliched, crap.

Great slogan 'Sydney's passion'.

Chance to capitalise on the club's history and obliquely contrast the 'Johnny come lately' status of GWS.

Opportunity to have a 'timeline' ad, tracing the history of the Swans, showing that it is the city's club.
Capper, Kelly, Lockett, Kirk, Hall, Goodes, Reid.
The Premiership.
The flag on the Harbour Bridge.

The Swans part of the Sydney sporting landscape for 30 years.

Instead we end up with what could just as easily be a beer or deodorant commercial.

I tend to agree.

Why do you think Swans history is going to attract new fans?

We've got a great history, but you can't appeal to the past when the vast majority of people don't care.

What in that ad is going to get people to sign up as members?

Apart from a few glimpses of football, it's bland and generic.

The 'threat' are the the new kids in town; GWS
Our 'strength' in that context is our successful link with Sydney's sporting culture.

Attack the opposition's weakness, their lack of history, lack of success, lack of sporting culture.

The slogan 'Sydney's passion' offers so much, the ad delivers so little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the ad perpetuates the theory that the Swans are a trendy Eastern suburbs club which focuses on a game of footy being a night out with friends and a chance to pick up.
Sydney fans are being treated as fools who don't have passion which is a myth.
I realise that it is a double edged sword in not wanting the club to seem like a relocated Melbourne club, But we have a unique history of surviving against the odds which I feel should be embraced, not ignored.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back