Foxtel - how atrocious has it become year after year?

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how much the free sub fiasco hurt them on the weekend. Codes got out for 12 months of free Kayo and then 12 months of free Binge which I saw via reddit and then some bloke posted it on a coupons website. Apparently that website had 22k visits that night. I managed to get the Kayo but missed the Binge, would definitely have had ayear off Foxtel if I got both.
surely they can see who signed up under this fiasco and cancel them ?

surely they can see who signed up under this fiasco and cancel them ?

I'm not sure as to how they got out but mine is still working. They may not have given themselves any outs with terms and conditions.

I wonder how much the free sub fiasco hurt them on the weekend. Codes got out for 12 months of free Kayo and then 12 months of free Binge which I saw via reddit and then some bloke posted it on a coupons website. Apparently that website had 22k visits that night. I managed to get the Kayo but missed the Binge, would definitely have had ayear off Foxtel if I got both.
Didn’t even know that happened but my disconnection had been brewing a while now and happy to never get a bill from these thieves ever again.

I saw they responded to anyone who took this offer up saying it was a mistake and said they'd only be giving them one month free instead.

I saw they responded to anyone who took this offer up saying it was a mistake and said they'd only be giving them one month free instead.

IIRC that was fake but I don't know for sure. I know I didn't receive it, or any of my mates that used it up.

Just got ****ed out of 7mate on my IQ3

That's cool, i never wanted to watch the brownlow or NFL ever again anyway

*en joke

I've got an IQ5, but have you checked channel 257...??? That is where 7Mate is for me now.

SBS Viceland has also moved nearby on the channel list.

There was at least a month's warning that 7 were switching the frequency of the channel. Surely Fox could have picked up on it.
More likely a " * the plebs on the bare minimum " scenario

No ch257 at all on iq3 :huh:

Yeah, not surprised. I was on the IQ3 up until last month, but Foxtel can't go through Telstra's cables in Victoria as of mid next year, so have been giving everyone free upgrades (although it feels like exactly the same thing) to either IQ4 (Satellite) or IQ5 (Streaming).

7 have cleared out that frequency for their new Bravo channel. I'm unsure that seeing the type of shows that are on that will make you feel any better!

It's annoying the number of FTA stations you can't access via Foxtel. Not as bad as having to buy new TVs in order to watch FTA TV, but an annoyance anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the roof got replaced at the start of September and the tradie's effort of plonking the dish back on when they were finished somehow amazingly resulted in no signal. I rang Foxtel immediately to get a tech sent out and they said yes no problem we'll do that as quick as we can. The tech is due here Friday week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back