Fraser Anning watch

Remove this Banner Ad

If the police charged every teenager that egged somebody the courts would have a backlog stretching for decades.

In the end the best thing to do is to deny Anning oxygen (one thing ScoMo got right recently), but if not it seems like the police are doing the right thing by not laying charges unless a party requests it.

Yep. I can walk up and throw a drink in your face and it's assault.
Actually I was joking imagining the assualt charge being read out in court.

Not sure about the drink though unless it was hot. Doesn't there need to be some fear or perceived injury involved?

Back when I was a boy terrorists used to get locked up without charge and water boarded.

Where was this?

Back when I was a boy terrorists used to get locked up without charge and water boarded.

I remember way back in the bad old days, before Parliament House went on a 6 month holiday for Christmas, that they raced through a vote on encryption laws, so they could give Mr Potato Head’s portfolio more powers to combat terrorism...

If little buckweed doesn't get charged, don't complain when a greens polly gets egged. I was fist pumping when the clown that attacked Abbott got jailed.

Actually I was joking imagining the assualt charge being read out in court.

Not sure about the drink though unless it was hot. Doesn't there need to be some fear or perceived injury involved?

Where was this?

At Guantanamo Bay, apparently there are people still locked up without charge.

Don't know whether the 'egg' incident constitutes assault.

WHAT ACTIONS MIGHT CONSTITUTE UNLAWFUL ASSAULT?
  • Whilst the slightest touch might constitute Unlawful Assault, usually police would not charge a person with Unlawful Assault unless there is a significant degree of force applied or there is evidence that threats of violence have been made.
  • Punching, hitting or kicking another person without causing bodily harm might well lead to a charge of Unlawful Assault.
  • Spitting upon another person. Spitting is treated as a fairly serious form of the offence. Firstly it is seen as a heinous thing to do to another person, secondly there is the possibility of the transfer of some sort of infection.
  • Threatening to hurt another person

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know whether the 'egg' incident constitutes assault.

WHAT ACTIONS MIGHT CONSTITUTE UNLAWFUL ASSAULT?
  • Whilst the slightest touch might constitute Unlawful Assault, usually police would not charge a person with Unlawful Assault unless there is a significant degree of force applied or there is evidence that threats of violence have been made.
  • Punching, hitting or kicking another person without causing bodily harm might well lead to a charge of Unlawful Assault.
  • Spitting upon another person. Spitting is treated as a fairly serious form of the offence. Firstly it is seen as a heinous thing to do to another person, secondly there is the possibility of the transfer of some sort of infection.
  • Threatening to hurt another person
It definitely constitutes assault, Maggie.
As does the punch.

But not all minor assaults are actioned by the police.

Not necessarily in Victoria unless of course you can show differently.

Refer to the Crimes Act 1958 (Vic) and Summary Offences Act 1966 (Vic) for legislative provisions.

There is a common law side to it but these are a good starting point.

Refer to the Crimes Act 1958 (Vic) and Summary Offences Act 1966 (Vic) for legislative provisions.

There is a common law side to it but these are a good starting point.
Fred has clarified, thanks anyway.

What was your point again?

The guy that threw a shoe at Bush did 9 months.

This kid should face legal repercussions regardless of your stance on Anning.
I'm not sure that it is illegal to trash a perfectly good egg though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back