Collingwood
Other Teams
Lexus Emirates Magpies
The Demons?

McLean to the Blues.
Pick 11 From Carlton to Collingwood.
Fraser to the Demons.

Source: Current Player manager.

Er, why do Demons need a injury-prone ruckman?

Because as delusional as it may sound... the AFL has certain rules around Salary Cap, and most teams have some sort of plan when it comes to list management.

Football clubs need to pay 92.5% of their salary cap. Given the average age of Melbourne's list is about 14, do you think it would be wise paying these guys ridiculous contracts?

If you think Green, Bruce and Davey are commanding $650,000 + per year, your dellusional.

I have been told, Melbourne is keen on someone in the 27-28yo range, who can be a leader for the young players coming through. To pay a guy like Fraser, even for 3 years until Melbourne gets to their window, is not a totally silly idea. He will play more as a forward than a ruckman anyway.

In any case, im not looking for you to "believe" me, this is what I was told first hand, not friend of a friend of a friend... just passing on the info.

The Demons?

McLean to the Blues.
Pick 11 From Carlton to Collingwood.
Fraser to the Demons.

Source: Current Player manager.

I would take that as a pies supporter. Makes alot of sense to go to the Dees if theyll have him. He provides alot of experience and leadership, and can help the younger guys develop.

Fraser and 1st rounder to Carlton for Fev?

Actually Carlton wouldn't take that.

Correct - we wouldn't.

With Matty K, Hampson, Warnock and Jacobs we wouldn't anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because as delusional as it may sound... the AFL has certain rules around Salary Cap, and most teams have some sort of plan when it comes to list management.

Football clubs need to pay 92.5% of their salary cap. Given the average age of Melbourne's list is about 14, do you think it would be wise paying these guys ridiculous contracts?

If you think Green, Bruce and Davey are commanding $650,000 + per year, your dellusional.

I have been told, Melbourne is keen on someone in the 27-28yo range, who can be a leader for the young players coming through. To pay a guy like Fraser, even for 3 years until Melbourne gets to their window, is not a totally silly idea. He will play more as a forward than a ruckman anyway.

In any case, im not looking for you to "believe" me, this is what I was told first hand, not friend of a friend of a friend... just passing on the info.
Teams don't go and recruit so that they can meet the minimum salary cap. If they were in this position they'd just front end the **** out of a few players contracts.

Fraser won't get pick #11, and he won't be going to Melbourne. I would say an early second-rounder would be more reasonable compensation.

Port Adelaide would have to be a possibility.

Most amusing ThatThis.

Take the injury prone Jeff White-alike Fraser to ensure we make 92.5% of the cap? No really, such humour. Heres an idea. We bring forward 2011 payments to 2010 to ensure we make 92.5% and free up cap space going forward as we improve. Yep, I think I prefer the later to the former.

But still...a most amusing read.

fraser isnt worth anywhere near a 1st round draft pic, collingwood have the worst ruck line upo in the history of the game and fraser is on the outer with the club IMO, id be surprised if anyone picked him up in the draft if he nominated TBH let alone give a 1st round draft pick for him, ridiculous, the blokes a pee heart, possibly the worst ruckman in the competion, he's weak as piss in contested marks, the only thing which is a positive with him is he gets the ball, but fact is he isnt good enough to play key position and if you want someone to get the ball 15/20 times a game all clubs have better options than him, worst mistake we ever made taking the bloke at no1.

That has got to be the single daftest suggested reason for doing a trade in the history of the AFL.

"OMGZZZ! We need to pay out more money to comply with the salary cap, but we are concerned our player group might not be worth it!!! Quick let's trade a first round pick!!!!1"

As has been said, that's not a bad situation for a club to be in- they can just frontload their kids' contracts, and relax in the knowledge that when their list does come on, they won't have any salary cap issues.

Most amusing ThatThis.

Take the injury prone Jeff White-alike Fraser to ensure we make 92.5% of the cap? No really, such humour. Heres an idea. We bring forward 2011 payments to 2010 to ensure we make 92.5% and free up cap space going forward as we improve. Yep, I think I prefer the later to the former.

But still...a most amusing read.

So how do you plan on doing that? Are you going to use the Carlton Accounting system?

Please let me know if your au fait with the Salary Cap and the underlying mechanisms, but if your not (im very confident you are not)... this is how it works...

The Club needs to submit there TPP to the AFL so it can be signed off and confirmed before the start of each season. They have then agreed to meet those commitments.

To do what you are saying, you will need to renegotiate about 15-20 playing contracts - for those players who are not first or second year players (they have Award agreements which can only be extended - not altered).

In the past 2 years, you have let go of Neitz, White, Yze, McLean*, Wheatley, Ward and Robertson. Thats nearly $3M + in salaries... Plus McDonald a Veteran.

Are you going to renegotiate Warnock to a $500k "front loaded" contract? Maybe Bruce will get $700k? Or Newton $400k?

I could give a rats about Melbourne, but regardless of whether its Fraser or not, a 27-28yo player earning $2M for 3 seasons to help develop your young ruckman, forwards whatever, is not such a silly idea.

Thinking you should clear out every player who will not be there for your next Premiership Tilt is.

Eddy_McGuire.jpg

Why don't Melbourne just chuck in picks 1 and 2 to sweeten the deal....:rolleyes:

If pies fans think this will happen then they are delusional, not Melbourne. Why do they want a 27 y.o "ruckmen", for a first round pick - what is in it for them?

At best they will offer up pick 30-40 something. Therefore, he will stay a pie unless used as a sweetner to get a deal across the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back