Remove this Banner Ad

5. Fyfe
4. Sandi
3. Balla
2. Pav
1. Johnson

BYB - Clarke.

Re: the people criticising Pav getting votes

You can't have it both ways people - can't whinge that you want Pav stationed up forward and then complain if he doesn't get 30 touches and 10 clearances.

He stood up in the last qtr and won us the game in true superstar fashion by kicking two crunch goals and then sending himself to the backline where he immediately repelled Geelong's last forward thrust with a saving mark.

Easily deserving of a vote or two.
Not really, there were five players better than him during the full four quarters.

I don't disagree that he had a very good game. Just that Fyfe, Sandilands, Johnson, Ballas, and Ibbotson were better.

You can't have it both ways people - can't whinge that you want Pav stationed up forward and then complain if he doesn't get 30 touches and 10 clearances.

He stood up in the last qtr and won us the game in true superstar fashion by kicking two crunch goals and then sending himself to the backline where he immediately repelled Geelong's last forward thrust with a saving mark.

Funny isn't it?

17d, 5m, 3g, 3t & 4i50 is a pretty solid game from a KPF.

I still think he needs to start talking in the 3rd person during interviews though. This nice guy routine is getting old.

"Yeah it was a decent enough team effort, but when the game was there to be won The Pav stood up like only The Pav can. That's what superstars like The Pav do."

Not really, there were five players better than him during the full four quarters.

I don't disagree that he had a very good game. Just that Fyfe, Sandilands, Johnson, Ballas, and Ibbotson were better.

I'd rate Johnson, Pavlich and Ibbotson at about the same level to be honest. Even De Boer was probably at around the same mark. They just put in really solid efforts and took care of the role they were there to perform.

Looking at my votes now I probably have Johnson and Ballantyne the wrong way around. I thought MJ was a lot better in the first half than the second half. Geelong playing a loose man back made his job easier at the start, then he got some attention after half time. He still played a very solid game though.

Watched the game 3 times now just to make sure that it was Johnson out there.

5 - Fyfe
4 - Johnson
3 - Mzungu
2 - Ballantyne
1 - Dawson - 8 1%ers - love that stat.

Funny isn't it?

17d, 5m, 3g, 3t & 4i50 is a pretty solid game from a KPF.

I still think he needs to start talking in the 3rd person during interviews though. This nice guy routine is getting old.

"Yeah it was a decent enough team effort, but when the game was there to be won The Pav stood up like only The Pav can. That's what superstars like The Pav do."

That is very funny!

Disagree.

He played a role close to what he should be. But when he was up the ground he was beaten, no doubt.

His 4th quarter was very good. No doubt about that. But he wasn't as important as other players over the 4 quarters IMO.

Don't know if it has been mentioned anywhere else but the in the AFL websites Team of the week Joel Selwood has a spot in the midfield while Fyfe didn't make the team. Those Vic-centric, moron experts have no idea.

Don't know if it has been mentioned anywhere else but the in the AFL websites Team of the week Joel Selwood has a spot in the midfield while Fyfe didn't make the team. Those Vic-centric, moron experts have no idea.

Like you, I'm frustrated that Fyfe didn't make the list, but I wouldn't call them Vic-centric. 12 out of the 22 are from non-Melbourne teams. Four are from the Hawks though, but let's face it, they were pure class this week.

TBH, I'm pretty stoked to see them register and acknowledge the game that MJ had over the weekend. Fyfe will have an eternity in the media spotlight I'm sure.

Wut... Fyfe even got the full 10 points in the AFLCA. Did they see that and choose to ignore it or something? I don't understand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back