Media From Doctor to Importer/Exporter to Qooty Star: The Incredible Journey of Art Vandelay_

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladies and Gentlemen, behold the one and only Art Vandelay_! The man who has played a whopping 250 games in the Sweet FA Qooty league. From his humble beginnings as a doctor, to his days as an importer/exporter, and now a Qooty star, Art has had an incredible journey so far.

couch.png

Art has been an integral part of the Las Vegas Bears team for years, and while he's managed to win a few awards, the elusive Mateflon Medal the Bears Best and Fairest Award has always slipped through his grasp. Some say it's because of Matera92's influence, but we're not going to point fingers.

Art's crowning achievement was his Premiership win with the Las Vegas Bears in Season 22. He truly outshone his arch-nemesis Matera on the field that day, with 16 disposals and a goal, while Matera could only manage 13 disposals and no goals. Art had finally beat Matera at something!

Speaking of Matera, Art and him have had a long-standing feud that could rival some of the greatest rivalries in history. It's like watching two heavyweight boxers go at it in the ring, only with more trash-talking and less physical harm.

We asked Matera92 for his thoughts about Art Vandelay_ playing his 250th Game.
"What can I say about Art, he’s the reason I shine so brightly as standing next to him and his constant mediocrity would allow anyone to truly appear exceptional.

250 games of pure, unadulterated average is an achievement few SFA players will ever realise . For Art to stumble unknowingly into this milestone is something to be mildly amused by, so congratulations I suppose.

The Robin to my Batman, I wish him well from my penthouse apartment, surrounded by my multitude of awards.

Well done you crab."

Another of his former captains, JoshWoodenSpoon had this to say about Art.

"Doctor Gero, thinks he has some sort of say in things. Great at poking fun and complaining. Often found burying Coach Walken in the desert for the umpteenth time, losing our Best and Fairest* or threatening to rig the sim against his rivals. Good value."

But if there's one thing that gets Art fired up more than his feud with Matera, it's his hate for Coach Walken. We don't know what happened between them, but it's clear that Art has some unresolved issues with the man. How unresolved are we talking here? Well Art's tried everything from burying him in the Vegas desert to putting him in a steel cage match with a grizzly bear, but somehow Coach Walken always manages to crawl his way back to the team.

Walken Buried.png

Dr. Gero, as he was once known, is truly a force to be reckoned with on the field. Whether he's trying to take down Matera or prove himself to Coach Walken, Art never backs down from a challenge. So here's to many more games of Art Vandelay showing the world what he's made of - and maybe, just maybe, finally winning that elusive Best and Fairest award.
Congratulations, Art!

stats.png

Quotes from Doctor Gero himself

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.png

4.png

5.png

Thank you for being the original doctor at the Bears
And the qareer mentor I have always looked up to
Someday you will win that coveted Mateflon but in the meantime keep doing what you do
Congratulations Art Vandelay_

Legend! Truly irreplaceable, I love taking to the field knowing Art Vandelay_ is getting crafty somewhere, and rolling into a match thread ready for your sardonic jabs. Congrats Ger!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back