Game of Thrones - spoilers inside

Remove this Banner Ad

The only concession to hunting at travel times is Sansa saying she hadn't seen Jon in weeks... Wouldn't it be months? Or is Westeros the size of England rather than the size of Europe?

Im still enjoying it but its clear the difference in writing now they are going on there own. The Deus Ex Machina was strong in this episode

Haha I literally said "here is Uncle Deus Ex Machina" to my wife when Benjin showed up.

Also how long are people able to hold their breath under water in this show? First Jamie and Bronn, now JS in freezing conditions

Do you actually need a priest for the Lord of Light to bring you back each time if he isn't done with you?

Lmao whew boy did they just get 1000 monkeys on 1000 typewriters to get this season done? God damn the writing & dialogue has gone down the shitter and a lot of stuff is just so unnecessary, basically just to tie up bad loose ends in the plot. The whole Benjen thing for example, all because Jon decided to charge at the wights. By himself. When his ride was sitting right there. What in the world??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* the writing sucks.

Cannot wait for George to finish the book. This seasons really soured a great series for me.

They've turned the Godfather into an avengers movie, yeah it's easy to watch and full of action but all the cgi, sex and pretty landscapes can't hide how much the script has deteriorated.

**** the writing sucks.

Cannot wait for George to finish the book. This seasons really soured a great series for me.

They've turned the Godfather into an avengers movie, yeah it's easy to watch and full of action but all the cgi, sex and pretty landscapes can't hide how much the script has deteriorated.

giphy.gif

The last books are the opposite of winter. They're not coming.

On the topic of Winter coming can I say that my favourite moment in an episode full of big moments, confrontations and some overt exposition, was when Jamie finally left and the snow started to fall.

Was expecting him to finally become the Valonqar when she pushed him about oaths. Then pulled a fast one on me when Gregor unsheathed the blade. And then a nice moment and montage. This series is still capable of great things even if they're diluted in what has become a rushed product.

**** the writing sucks.

IMO, the writing has always been overrated. The books are often rambling and the dialogue is no great shakes. It's the characters and the "world" that have always been what sold the story. I think it's become more trendy to bag the show which is what happens to any long-running show

**** the writing sucks.

I agree. I'm not one that's into fantasy s**t but the character development and plot of those first 4 seasons of TV was what got me hooked. Season 5 was where it seriously started to go downhill a bit, season 6 was 'meh' besides the last 2 episodes which I thought redeemed it a bit but season 7 feels like fan fiction written by a first year uni student FFS. Poorly written, lacks depth and rushed. May as well call it the Jon and Dany show. None of the story arcs have been fleshed out enough for me to really care anymore... will still watch season 8 though. :cool:

IMO, the writing has always been overrated. The books are often rambling and the dialogue is no great shakes. It's the characters and the "world" that have always been what sold the story. I think it's become more trendy to bag the show which is what happens to any long-running show

Spot on. The prose in the novels is undoubtedly garbage. Far too often Martin is considered with menus, clothes descriptions and obscene descriptions of bowel movements. He's proven to be an adept world builder however: a lower tier Tolkien. He built a compelling world in Westeros with a rich an interesting history and the characters that germinated from that have been a privilege to witness. Most of my favourite moments in a world with so many things at stake and large happenings have been small moments between two characters. Character is always the best facet to drive story and for all its flaw he nailed that. It has been, and still is, the best fantasy story I've seen recreated on television. it I'm not sure it's become trendy to bag the show though, it's viewership grows with each season and from the snippets I see online and the conversations I have in the real world most seem undiscerning to any drop in quality, even the more glaring aspects. Love seems almost universal

Plenty of series that were fantastic start to finish.

There was always humour in the story but not the 1000000 one liners they've thrown in this season. The story line has gone so down hill.

Don't let the cool dragons pull the wool over your eyes.

It's like watching a Chris Pratt film. Spare me yuck.

I probably won't watch the last season tbh, don't want any major spoilers. I'll wait for the books even if it takes ten years

Plenty of series that were fantastic start to finish.

There was always humour in the story but not the 1000000 one liners they've thrown in this season. The story line has gone so down hill.

Don't let the cool dragons pull the wool over your eyes.

Will say that Belgo seems pretty prescient about the series flaws and qualities and vocal about both. I don't think he's been wooed by moments or hype.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back