Not open for further replies.
Round 21
Hawthorn vs Dockers

Johnny_%22The_Doc%22_Docker.jpg

Above: one of the lesser known ins.

Where and when:
Aurora Stadium, Saturday, August 21, 2.10pm AEST
Head to head: Hawthorn 15 wins, Fremantle six wins
Last time: Hawthorn 13.9 (87) d Fremantle 9.11 (65), round eight, 2009 at Subiaco

Hawthorn
B:
Brent Guerra, Stephen Gilham, Thomas Murphy
HB: Ben Stratton, Josh Gibson, Grant Birchall
C: Xavier Ellis, Sam Mitchell, Jordan Lewis
HF: Shaun Burgoyne, Lance Franklin, Michael Osborne
F: Cyril Rioli, Jarryd Roughead, Campbell Brown
Foll: Brent Renouf, Luke Hodge, Brad Sewell
I/C: Chance Bateman, Carl Peterson, Wayde Skipper, Brendan Whitecross
Emg: Rick Ladson, Shane Savage, Liam Shiels

In: Rioli
Out: Rhan Hooper (soreness)

Fremantle
B:
Dylan Roberton, Antoni Grover, Greg Broughton
HB: Justin Bollenhagen, Luke McPharlin, Jay van Berlo
C: Garrick Ibbotson, Paul Hasleby, Clancee Pearce
HF: Byron Schammer, Steven Dodd, Michael Walters
F: Ryan Murphy, Michael Johnson, Matthew de Boer
Foll: Kepler Bradley, Nick Suban, Paul Duffield
I/C: Clayton Hinkley, Rhys Palmer, Jesse Crichton, Zac Clarke
Emg: Des Headland, Ryan Crowley, Tim Ruffles

In: Dodd, Murphy, Palmer, Hinkley, van Berlo, Pearce, Bollenhagen
Out: Matthew Pavlich (soreness), Adam McPhee (soreness), Roger Hayden (soreness), David Mundy (soreness), Stephen Hill (soreness), Anthony Morabito (soreness), Nathan Fyfe (soreness)

FORM:
Hawthorn:
WDLLW
Fremantle: WLWLL

mummies.jpg

Frail Dockers Rock On.

Ah yes, soreness. Soreness.... that doesn't really cut it does it? Ballet dancers get sore. Hookers get sore. Speaking of which, bears get sore heads. And kids get sore. But a pack of AFL players all getting sore at the same time, that reeks of hanky panky.

"Put on your Superman capes, it's wharfie time!"

Need I say more.

We've speculated on
the team changes here.

And discussed the merits
of the actual team selected here.

So without any further ado, it's on with the gameday thread. There's no preview this time, so you'll have to make your own fun.

Go Hawks.

A hawthorn side that has Chance Bateman starting on the bench must have a LOT of talent on the ground.

Let's hope the on-field form can match the on-paper talent.

I've got a feeling today will show us how much we've missed Cyril Rioli. As good as Hooper is as defensive forward that can crumb goals, Cyril is an architect that can't lose a 1-on-1.

Will be interesting to see how hungry the Freo replacements are and how much impact they can have.

Whats going on with the Herald Sun full strength indicator today? They said they have taken off 6% for our outs (Hooper) and then added 4% for our ins (Cyril). Surely they aren't serious. Unless I just didn't read it right or don't understand it. I've never liked that thing.

Whats going on with the Herald Sun full strength indicator today? They said they have taken off 6% for our outs (Hooper) and then added 4% for our ins (Cyril). Surely they aren't serious. Unless I just didn't read it right or don't understand it. I've never liked that thing.

It's subjective for one thing.

I guess they figure Hooper isn't in Hawthorn's best 22.

Beautiful day down here, ground's in perfect order 10 goal win a must today no reason why this should not happen.
Look forward to seeing our midfield men run wild today,this game must be a massive booster going forward to the magpies game.
Hawks must play thru the middle off the ground today no wing's bullshit.

Beautiful day down here, ground's in perfect order 10 goal win a must today no reason why this should not happen.
Look forward to seeing our midfield men run wild today,this game must be a massive booster going forward to the magpies game.

If I hugged my Wife as much as the Hawks hug the boundary lines then she would be a very very happy Wife and I wouldn't have to get a hammering on why I don't give as many hugs.

It's subjective for one thing.

I guess they figure Hooper isn't in Hawthorn's best 22.
-6% for Hooper and + 4% for rioli, so they are saying we lose 2% by having Rioli instead of Hooper. It's only more evidence for what everyone has been saying since they brought in the full strength indicator which is it is nonsense.

-6% for Hooper and + 4% for rioli, so they are saying we lose 2% by having Rioli instead of Hooper. It's only more evidence for what everyone has been saying since they brought in the full strength indicator which is it is nonsense.

Oh, right. I thought it was the other way around. Who knows..

Be prepared for frustration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how they calculate it - I've got a feeling they've assigned a score to each player on the list out of ten, worked out the total score of their subjective best 22 and then work out a percentage of that which gives you the HS FSI.

I just wonder what happens when a guy like Ladson, who was in our best 22 at the end of last year but is struggling now becuase of a guy like stratton taking a defensive position - does that mean we can't be at 100% with Laddo out and Stratts in?

Nice concept, difficult to deliver.

Not confident at all. Should win and win well, but that St. Kilda game still sits in the memory bank, similar scenario. :(

It's actually a very different scenario. This time we are just about full strength. Last time there was a fair chunk of our side missing (plus no Burgoyne), which got overshadowed by the fact that St Kilda had even more out

Not too sure about this one tbh. Would of preferred to have been playing a full strength dockers (or at least as close as possible to). We have a tendency to struggle against teams that we should beat comfortably and this is shaping as such a game.

Hopefully they will play like they did against Brisbane earlier in the year and blow them out of the park - it would be nice to have another one of these games instead of the constant nail biting scenarios they bless us with.

Does that mean every one of their top 5 goal scorers for the season is out?

I work with docker supporters and if we lose this when they don't have a forward line, I will never be able to recover from the embarrassment and walk with my head up in my office again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back