GC17 jumper

Which is your preferred GC footy jumper?

• One

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Two

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Three

• Four

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• Eleven

• Twelve

• Thirteen

• Fourteen

• I dont like any of them

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I simply love the interest everyone shows in the GC17 bid however what we now know about the bid committee is that they ignore suggestions and put their faith in the cafe latte marketing set that beleive their goal is to inovate while pushing aside the opinions of the potential fan base. We didn't get a nickname or a decent mascot, maybe they'll decide that Gold Coast FC will buck tradition and wear mesh singlets and bike shorts...who knows?

I simply love the interest everyone shows in the GC17 bid however what we now know about the bid committee is that they ignore suggestions ?

Maybe they only took suggestions from GC supporters not people with vested interests.

All too busy in my opinion, the best jumpers are two colours of basic design. as evidence I submit

Good
North
Pies
Cats
Dons
Tigs

Bad
Port too busy too many colours
Freo see above
the old Eagles jumper from a couple of years ago
the poos and wees when they have the mainly blue with diamond shaped yellow and brown just hidious

In other words two colours in a simple design is the right way to go, just because modern tech allows for more elabirate design doesn't mean you should adopt it. in this case less is more.

Yellow jumper CGFC (links as per the Carlton jumper) in Maroon with Maroon shorts. simple, queenland and instantly recognisible.

Yellow jumper CGFC (links as per the Carlton jumper) in Maroon with Maroon shorts. simple, queenland and instantly recognisible.

you dont think that might be a bit too much like brisbane bears? plus you have to remember this club is a new franchise trying to look "exciting" as they've said, carltons jumpers hardly exciting.

plus i think both west coasts jumpers look good at the moment

All too busy in my opinion, the best jumpers are two colours of basic design. as evidence I submit

Good
North
Pies
Cats
Dons
Tigs

Bad
Port too busy too many colours
Freo see above
the old Eagles jumper from a couple of years ago
the poos and wees when they have the mainly blue with diamond shaped yellow and brown just hidious

In other words two colours in a simple design is the right way to go, just because modern tech allows for more elabirate design doesn't mean you should adopt it. in this case less is more.

Not gonna happen matey

They've already said they are going to buck tradition and go for something "sexy" :eek:

But if they go for something like number 2, it should be alright. :thumbsu:

hmm 11's nice but it needs a brighter orange and a blue instead of black and number 8 would be a better clash for it.

are we allowed to combine 2 designs for a home and a clash?
well, i did anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they only took suggestions from GC supporters not people with vested interests.

It's hard not to be cynical after hearing some in the bid committee had never seen an live AFL game. High flyers rise and fall on the Gold Coast like the tide. Rather than being hijacked by those who think they'll make a dollar or two, we need people with serious football cred or we will struggle. Engaging the supporters is vital but so far they've failed. Send us Sheedy to teach them something about the heart of the game. Please.

Got to admit that I like the idea of a two colour design as well. As an ex-pat Queenslander, I'm missing the excitement of another team joining the AFL from my home state. But I also agree with some of the comments on the 'baggage' about trying to make a new team without all the reminders of the 'bad news' bears.

Further, if you go with a yellow jersey, there's always the opening for those magpie supporters to use the 'you're yellow' (a coward) chant at the point in the game that 'Joffa' indicates that the match is over...

Got to ask- why on earth are they planning to go with a mix of red, blue and yellow? They're already being used to death in this comp. Why not use ochre/gold (for sand/Gold coast), olive-green (for the fertility and symbolism of the hinterland), silver (for prosperity) and Sky-blue (The weather)?

If they want a radical design (that doesn't date), they just need to keep the design timeless. OK, so they don't want stripes and a yoke to the colours. So, have the complete back panel in Silver, and the front in olive green. On the left breast of the jersey print Gold (on top of) Coast in ochre on sky-blue, and do the same on the back for the numbers. If you really want to make the jersey more stylised, you could always have a tall sand dune crossing the front and back panels under the arms.

In any case, this sort of jersey would be simple and attractive, and instantly recognisable.

Sure, it's four colours, but then again, you could always take the Freo road and produce some killer 'tartan' tie designs as well.

Cheers!

goldcoastfc.jpg

Used your designs as a base. was on the GC the last week and thought the guards flag is iconic.

Its the flag against a blue sky and white sandy beach

Voted four as it's my favourite that uses the announced colours, though my favourite is 8. Will be a bit of a lurker on this board, hope the club is successful :)

Back