Meltdown Geelong have peaked ....... too early

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the way. Keep the chin up. One more loss and you'll only be able to rely on percentage to separate yourself from the chasing pack.

Funny though, I didn't see much of your type of sentiment evident on various game day threads from Cats supporters. Sentiments like the ones expressed or paraphrased below.

Form is very worrying.

Any game from now could be a loss.

Something needs to change.

This could go pear shaped very quickly.

We could become a laughing stock.

We're not wining a premiership unless we get lucky.

We'll play terrible in finals because we always do.

We are playing like s**t.

Pants pulled down all day.

Wont go anywhere in finals, straight sets and back to being a laughing stock.

Why would Kelly want to stay at this rabble now?

Hawks have ended us.

The last 5 weeks is enough to tell me we’re a long, long way off, no where near a premiership side.

We’re the new Port Adelaide - W L W L W L

View attachment 712725
The average Geelong supporter is painfully stupid so I don't expect the truth to dawn on them anytime soon, but the whole reason they're on top yet faltering is because they did the same thing as Freo in 2015 - blew their wad too early, playing with finals intensity in the first 10 rounds because they had a tough start to the season.

Unsurprisingly they've run out of steam and sure enough their mediocrity has been revealed as a result. All year I've been saying they'll implode in September, now it looks like they won't even last that long before chucking in the towel. :oops:

The average Geelong supporter is painfully stupid so I don't expect the truth to dawn on them anytime soon, but the whole reason they're on top yet faltering is because they did the same thing as Freo in 2015 - blew their wad too early, playing with finals intensity in the first 10 rounds because they had a tough start to the season.

Unsurprisingly they've run out of steam and sure enough their mediocrity has been revealed as a result. All year I've been saying they'll implode in September, now it looks like they won't even last that long before chucking in the towel. :oops:

Too true. Playing like complete F grade rabble. The only thing they can desperately cling onto week after week is '... but we're still on top.' Once they slip down the ladder the melts will really come thick and fast. Already some are calling for the coach to go.

Compared to doing well in finals and winning the big one, faarken oath it is.
Yeah, being in the lead really sucks. :rolleyes:

Are you drunk?
All year I've been saying they'll implode in September,
lol, you’re a genuine Oracle.. :rolleyes:
now it looks like they won't even last that long before chucking in the towel. :oops:
Yeah losing a dead rubber really ended our season. :tearsofjoy:

Too true. Playing like complete F grade rabble. The only thing they can desperately cling onto week after week is '... but we're still on top.' Once they slip down the ladder the melts will really come thick and fast. Already some are calling for the coach to go.
Actually I disagree when you say the melts will come thick & fast - Geelong supporters are famous for being satisfied by the team winning most games at the Cheat Ground, they are the H&A champs and deep down don't expect the team to perform in September anyway so its more a pleasant surprise if it does.

lol, you’re a genuine Oracle.. :rolleyes:
Hardly. Anyone could tell Geelong's first half form wasn't sustainable.

I love how emotionally invested you are in Geelong’s fortunes this year..

Anyone would think you’re jealous asF. :$:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they don't stop this decline in form, there is a real risk that they won't get their home final at the G. It will be a real blow if they are forced into an away final there.
You should be focusing more on the possibility of going to Brisbane or Perth instead of where we’ll be playing. Ouch. :$

More chance than Geelol I think.
Forget about Geelong for now, Geelong are gone.
So do you reckon the Eagles will win the flag..??

Forget about Geelong for now, Geelong are gone.

Surprised to see some honesty. Didn't expect you would give up so soon. Take some encouragement in what I've said here though (at least in the first post).

So do you reckon the Eagles will win the flag..??

I think an Eagles vs Brisbane grand final is a real possibility now and if so, we'll win that in a canter. Our form is a bit patchy atm but the improtant thing is we're getting the 4 points more often than not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back