Meltdown Geelong have peaked ....... too early

Remove this Banner Ad

Career high disposals in the game before last. Tracking along nicely atm.

:thumbsu:
Well, I would say that is looking at the glass half full. He used to play those types of games every week at Geelong when he wasn't the best talent his club had nurtured but was too stupid to pick. Backwards is what most people would call that sort of tracking - but it is Dubya Ay where they are rolling out EFTPOS later this year...

Four times in his first season with us and again in his second, in fact. It's been all downhill skiing since 2020 though.

Wrong.jpg

Either you can't read or your information source is wrong. Actually there is a third possibility. You knew it was BS but you thought I wouldn't bother to check.

The truth? Once in his second year with you and 3 times in his first (one of which was his first AFL game so in fact one disposal would have been enough to count as a career high at that point).

:$

It's been all downhill skiing since 2020 though.

Until his career high disposal game in the derby two weeks ago. How would you describe that? Uphill skiing? Nah. Uphill skiing is hard. I think you chose the wrong metaphor.

Last edited:
Either you can't read or your information source is wrong. Actually there is a third possibility. You knew it was BS but you thought I wouldn't bother to check.

The truth? Once in his second year with you and 3 times in his first (one of which was his first AFL game so in fact one disposal would have been enough to count as a career high at that point).

D3A23AD8-A8FD-4E88-B065-E4FF9041F87E.gif

Until his career high disposal game in the derby two weeks ago. How would you describe that? Uphill skiing? Nah. Uphill skiing is hard. I think you chose the wrong metaphor.
201C934E-09C0-4C35-86EF-CA5BE6F23BBA.gif

View attachment 1124097

It's was Freo. Definitely downhill skiing.

And stop using your fingers and toes to count - I think the webbing is confusing you.

It's was Freo. Definitely downhill skiing.

And stop using your fingers and toes to count - I think the webbing is confusing you.

2018: Round 1 - 27 disposals, eclipsed in round 7 with 30, surpassed in round 14 with 34 and then in round 19 with 36. Round 1 shouldn't really count as even 1 disposal would have been enough to meet the definition.

2019: Did not eclipse his round 19 total (from the previous year) in any game.

So in reality he was "downhill skiing" in his second year at Geelong.

Last edited:
2018: Round 1 - 27 disposals, eclipsed in round 7 with 30, surpassed in round 14 with 34 and then in round 19 with 36. Round 1 shouldn't really count as even 1 disposal would have been enough to meet the definition.

2019: Did not eclipse his round 19 total in any game.

So in reality he was "downhill skiing" in his second year at Geelong.
He certainly wasn't downhill skiing against the Cats this year. Or uphill skiing. Or finding the pill. Or doing anything with it.

Still, was your best midfielder that day, I guess :$

Hey Stinkykuk - no, this isn't our too early peak. We will beat better opposition than either West Coast and Richmond this year. Then probably lose to whoever is making up the numbers in the GF.

Is Tim Kelly going as well for your boys as the picks we got for him are doing for us? Eight Ball says no, but what would it know...

GF is looking a long way from being achievable at this point don't you think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back