Preview Geelong V North, Sat 2 July 2022 @ KP 7:25 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, he had that goal assist in the last quarter. Don't forget he's still learning. Bolton was on fire, hard to stop. He was given the job on Bolton because he is mobile enough to do it. Bolton would have run rings around Kolo.

Bews should have been given the job on bolton.

Looking at our fixture how has our draw been dubbed easy??

I see every single game As tough except north and west coast..

Melbourne, Carlton, and then port Adelaide away are easily 3 potential losses.. WB and st kilda no easy beats at home. Gold Coast at metricon is no walk in the park either.

Not so sure why that is being called easy, that is actually quite an awkward draw of sides at the top of the ladder and a few strong mid tier teams who will are all fighting for the top 8.

We need to be sharp and playing well to keep taking home the points on the run home.
totally agree

Agreed. And they're coming back from interstate. I think this game could be more important than what people think. Percentage is vital for us, I don't want us resting half our side and limping to a 4 goal, ugly win when we could go hard and put them to the sword with a 12 goal percentage boosting win. Percentage might be the difference between us finishing 2nd instead of 4th or 5th. It's really tight at the top
Understand the logic. Let’s hope they execute it. But think more likely (will know in 24 hours!) that they do same as they did when play north last time. Get a lead and then cruise and not add much %. Might be worse this time if ahead and then thinking about 5 day turn.

My view wasn’t “massive change” but given that maybe 1-2 more (maybe we get them today anyway with late changes) would have been smart - just to rest a couple of players who might struggle with 5 day turn around (maybe there are none of those?) and get sneaky games into others (not as a gift but Stephens for example as earned another one). I can’t image 1-2 more changes really would alter the dynamic you talked about in terms of limping or going hard - in fact may help it with a couple of hungrier players who know they are likely to be replaced next game with those being rested

Melbourne, Carlton, and then port Adelaide away are easily 3 potential losses.. WB and st kilda no easy beats at home. Gold Coast at metricon is no walk in the park either.

Not so sure why that is being called easy, that is actually quite an awkward draw of sides at the top of the ladder and a few strong mid tier teams who will are all fighting for the top 8.

We need to be sharp and playing well to keep taking home the points on the run home.
Yep. Agree. And therefore unsure how MC is really going to execute the active “management” of players to have them fresh. CS has mentioned it every single press conference but I doubt they will have the courage to actually do it as the season gets tight and the wins are obvious

Totally agree. I doubt there are many teams with a more difficult draw in the remains rounds than the cats.

Totally agree. I doubt there are many teams with a more difficult draw in the remains rounds than the cats.
I think it feels that way because we are supporters. Champion Data’s assessment (for what it is worth) is that (including last round - it was done a week ago) Geelong has the 11th most difficult run home. Of the top teams only Sydney had an “easier draw” and Carlton was around the same as Cats (which of course that assessment didnt help the Blues last night!)

Reality is that there are no easy games but relative to others (melbourne, brisbane, bulldogs, st kilda etc) Cats draw is relatively ok. Just got to get it done

Agree MOC is a solid defender, rarely gives away a dumb free kick.
However he is suspect in marking contests.... needs to work on making strong body contact
His kicking accuracy is decent... needs to better understand placement to advantage...
Kicks can be overt the back and goal side to a smaller faster player.
Tendency to choose the slow safe kick than fast attacking option....especially under pressure.
Plus he doesn’t seem to want the ball anymore. I have noticed he has been in some situations where he was potentially clear and could have demanded the ball, but he just hangs back. Always looking to give off a dinky kick or handball as well. I think his confidence is shot. We need someone to have a chat to him, maybe give him a bit of license to go for it a bit more.
He has lots more talent than we see evident in his game at present.
Another GFC flatliner…over/under coaching?

Game Day - have at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back