Preview Geelong V North, Sat 2 July 2022 @ KP 7:25 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resting heaps of players is disrespecting the opposition and rewarding mediocrity by letting ressies players in the team.
And it wont happen tomorrow - the club have stated this year that the management (ie resting) of players will not take into account the opposition.
There may be late outs though. CS has said something along the lines that if a player is a 1% chance of playing, they'll be named in the starting 22 and given every chance to get up before they rule them out and put in a late change.

Melbourne will be playing with 5 day break also. Don’t see the need for all this panic.
Not sure it is a panic…not from my end. Just thought they could have pinched 1 or maybe 2 extra changes to both help those players with load and also give last taste for the year to a young one Just seems logical to me and also consintent with what CS has been saying about being smarter in terms of managing players in the back end.

Anyway maybe they make 1 or 2 late changes and we see (hopefully) Neale and/or Stephens get into the 22? If that happens then they would have made 3-4 changes and given 2-3 a rest ahead of melbourne.

No panic - just interested in what they are thinking

I was actually going to go a hell of a lot harder.
People forget we were effectively dead in 98’.
But now we sit in an ivory tower and all is fine.
And the club in question saved us from extinction. Short memories.

And yes I missed the tigers game. Someone who is going through a few things asked to catch up so I didn’t hesitate to skip the game.

I won’t see this weeks game either. Oops.
North Melbourne won't die, they will just be reborn as another club. Much like South Melbourne.
Just don't be a Melbourne-named team either side of the Yarra lol.

W
The whole story is here somewhere.
All I remember is that clubs weren’t interested in the two hour trip to geelong.

And geelong effectively didn’t have a club due to so many being lost in the war.

Geelong was obviously omitted from being able to vote us back into the league.
The votes were split. 5 for, 5 against.

The casting vote was left to north.
And here we are.
Well I guess we would have been the first expansion team instead of Gold Coast, and with only 10 year history behind us. Perhaps Gaz would have been our captain after all lol.
Geelong...er.....Pivotonians! Yes that's it. Making cement would send a message not to f with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy s**t that's cool. If he could execute that when arriving at the ball at a slightly faster pace it would actually a skill with functional in-game utility too, since it eliminates the need to stoop down to pick the ball up. Very hard to pull off in a match situation but if he did it it would instantly be goal of the season. :fire:

Holy s**t that's cool. If he could execute that when arriving at the ball at a slightly faster pace it would actually a skill with functional in-game utility too, since it eliminates the need to stoop down to pick the ball up. Very hard to pull off in a match situation but if he did it it would instantly be goal of the season. :fire:
I'm sure we would've seen it from one of the Irish players by now.
It's a key part of their game as I think it's against the rules to pick the ball up off the ground.

Melbourne will be playing with 5 day break also. Don’t see the need for all this panic.
Agreed. And they're coming back from interstate. I think this game could be more important than what people think. Percentage is vital for us, I don't want us resting half our side and limping to a 4 goal, ugly win when we could go hard and put them to the sword with a 12 goal percentage boosting win. Percentage might be the difference between us finishing 2nd instead of 4th or 5th. It's really tight at the top

If it were up to me I'd be dropping Kolodjashnij and O'Connor and bringing in Dempsey and playing Henry back.

Playing finals with both Henry and Kolodjashnij in the backline Is a mistake. They need to make the call on one and do it now imo.

We can't afford to carry more than 1 defender who is terrible under pressure with ball in hand and I trust Jack more.
We've been saying this for years but it just won't happen. Henry and Guthrie are our best options come finals. Kolo and MOC are not as they crumble under pressure.

We've been saying this for years but it just won't happen. Henry and Guthrie are our best options come finals. Kolo and MOC are not as they crumble under pressure.
I'm not convinces Zach is any better than either O'Connor or Kolo the last couple of week he's struggled to win a contested possession and Zachs Turnover and Clangers are higher than both for the season to date.No doubting there has been improvement in him this year but he is still clinging by his fingernails to a spot in the best 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back