Preview Round 21: Geelong vs Port Adelaide, - Saturday 5 August 7:25pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lose a forward and a mid and replaced them with a defender and somebody who offers nothing.
I thought Rat would be selected when hawkins was a confifmed out. Jack Henry plays forward, rat back. J Henry has done well there previously.

I thought Rat would be selected when hawkins was a confifmed out. Jack Henry plays forward, rat back. J Henry has done well there previously.
From what I recall Jack has only really impacted forward when he has been swung there within games rather than started there.

Regardless, the port defence is so thin this week it probably won't matter who we put there.

Do Cats play better after an embarrassing loss?
Were they were lazy and overconfident last week?
Will they be more desperate to win this week?
Why should a season decider force them to lift?
Who is responsible for ensuring team is motivated?
Yes
Yes
Yes
Because the season in on the line
Coaching staff and players

They are a worthy contender to Collingwood.
People don't realise how hopeless they were a few weeks ago. That late surge against Brisbane saved their season and they just held on against the Crows. Which shows how finely balanced things are and how quickly they can change. They've won their close ones this season and we haven't, that's really the major difference. Our ceiling, if we hit form, is around the same as them. Thus there's absolutely a lot to play for tomorrow.

We'll find out how hungry they are on Saturday, with the season on the line against one of the best teams.

Mate the wheels have well and truly fallen off us. Lost 3 in a row including 2 by 50 odd. We've actually been poor since the bye. A bunch of injuries with an incompetent doctor and we haven't won at your home ground in over 15 years.

Expect an ugly scrappy game with the cats getting home by 6 or 7 goals.

Mate the wheels have well and truly fallen off us. Lost 3 in a row including 2 by 50 odd. We've actually been poor since the bye. A bunch of injuries with an incompetent doctor and we haven't won at your home ground in over 15 years.

Expect an ugly scrappy game with the cats getting home by 6 or 7 goals.
I do realise that, which is why I think it's a 50/50 game. I still rate Port as a top level team who are going through a rough patch. A pile of injuries don't help, it's definitely derailed Geelong's season somewhat too.

I'm picking Geelong for no reason other than it being last chance saloon. And even then that could only apply at home. If this was in Adelaide it would be season over.

From what I recall Jack has only really impacted forward when he has been swung there within games rather than started there.

Regardless, the port defence is so thin this week it probably won't matter who we put there.

There was a plan this year to make him a forward.. just a long line of plans that have fallen to the punch in the face saying. I feel he has potential as a forward but being our #1 guy there is a different barrel of rotten apples.

People don't realise how hopeless they were a few weeks ago. That late surge against Brisbane saved their season and they just held on against the Crows. Which shows how finely balanced things are and how quickly they can change. They've won their close ones this season and we haven't, that's really the major difference. Our ceiling, if we hit form, is around the same as them. Thus there's absolutely a lot to play for tomorrow.
They were, but now they have a sniff. And sometimes that’s all it takes to get on a roll.

Has he though? Or do we get caught up on the emotion of his late goal versus Richmond last year and that clouds our memory of how he goes forward?

117 games for a total of 24 goals, a career high of 3 goals kicked once in his debut senior seasons, and 6 other occasions of kicking 2 goals in a match

So he's had the odd cameo up forward, but offers so much more in defence - plus, we have a 200cm forward waiting in the wings who may offer more than J. Henry if given a chance

Or we could have replaced Hawkins with a natural forward (Neale) and Blicavs with a natural mid. (Knevitt)

Has he though? Or do we get caught up on the emotion of his late goal versus Richmond last year and that clouds our memory of how he goes forward?

117 games for a total of 24 goals, a career high of 3 goals kicked once in his debut senior seasons, and 6 other occasions of kicking 2 goals in a match

So he's had the odd cameo up forward, but offers so much more in defence -plus, we have a 200cm forward waiting in the wings who may offer more than J. Henry if given a chance

Considering Henry also kicked our 2nd goal of the game against Richmond, it's safe to say he spent most, if not all of that game up forward.

Or we could have replaced Hawkins with a natural forward (Neale) and Blicavs with a natural mid. (Knevitt)

Knevitt also seems to have a bit endurance to him - I get he's only in his second season, but I didn't think he looked out of place when given an opportunity earlier this season

Wonder how his trajectory would have gone if given continued opportunities this season

Considering Henry also kicked our 2nd goal of the game against Richmond, it's safe to say he spent most, if not all of that game up forward.

Seems more a coaching directive the last couple of seasons - when returning from an injury layoff Henry plays forward for the first game, maybe to ease him back in and then a transition to the backline from the following week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say what you want about whether or not we made the right or wrong selections this week, but one thing you can’t deny is (unfortunately) it shows the coaches have 0 faith in the youngsters (Knevitt, Dempsey, Neale) to step up and contribute in a must win game. Wouldn’t be great for their confidence

Say what you want about whether or not we made the right or wrong selections this week, but one thing you can’t deny is (unfortunately) it shows the coaches have 0 faith in the youngsters (Knevitt, Dempsey, Neale) to step up and contribute in a must win game. Wouldn’t be great for their confidence

It doesn't have any resemblance to 'thinking outside the square' that Scott promised imo.

We don’t know what has been said in the inner sanctum. For all we know these guys may have been set specific KPI’s and are yet to meet them.

Game Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back