Game Day Round 6 - Flag unfurling in GF rematch: Geelong vs Sydney, 22 April, 7:25pm @ HOME (KP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real litmus test this one.

We go 3-3 after 6 and we’re in a good spot - not great - but good enough.

2-4 however makes a long road longer. Not impossible.. but still

They will be ready after the GF last year… we are both suffering injuries and missing best 24 players.

It’s on our deck… the Flag gets rolled out which will be good for the punters and let’s hope it’s gets in their head a bit too..

Horse will have them ready.

Our mids will be the key - deny them first use and their depleted back line will struggle under repeat entries. But if we play like millionaires and let them get going it will bite us and they do well at KP.

Nod to Tomma passing Boris 333 games.

Let’s get the 4 points and no injuries and move on.

Go Catters

For those wanting to see the addition of our 10th Premiership Flag:
1682119191296.jpeg

Pre-Match Timings​

• 6:40pm – Be in your seats for the Premiership Flag Unfurling
  • 6:45pm – Welcome to Country
  • 7:05pm – Light’s out and Geelong team entry
  • 7:18pm – ANZAC ceremony
  • 7:23pm – Coin toss
  • 7:25pm – Match commences

Still thinking late change and Simpson to get his first game for a long time…which is great given how long a road back it has been.

Also if Simpson is the team (I thought he would be sub) I reckon they might surprise with Knevitt as sub (Parf and Tanner not really suited)

Usually we get ****ed heading up the highway...

Now its going down the highway...

An extra 90 mins....

Good thing Geelong is part of Melbourne lol....

Amazing ability to * over GFC supporters going to a game.

GO Catters

Usually we get ****ed heading up the highway...

Now its going down the highway...

An extra 90 mins....

Good thing Geelong is part of Melbourne lol....

Amazing ability to * over GFC supporters going to a game.

GO Catters
Extra 90 mins each way in fact.

Apparently the level crossing removal authority didn’t know about the footy season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The players don’t get to see the flag unfurling… a bit weird!
That might not be a bad thing I was there in 2008 we hoisted the 2007 flag rd 3 v Melbourne and the Cats were out on the ground for that but started the game as flat as a s**t carters hat it's a while back but I reckon we gave the Dee's 4 or 5 goals start we won the game but not sure we can afford to give the Swans that sort of start this evening.

Crikey, 90 minutes extra to get home to Melbourne makes it a long night, especially if you still have to head out to the suburbs.o_O
While that is advertised, they'll probably have a bunch of express buses going straight to Southern cross

That might not be a bad thing I was there in 2008 we hoisted the 2007 flag rd 3 v Melbourne and the Cats were out on the ground for that but started the game as flat as a s**t carters hat it's a while back but I reckon we gave the Dee's 4 or 5 goals start we won the game but not sure we can afford to give the Swans that sort of start this evening.

Weren't far off. Dees got out to a 3 goal lead halfway through the first term before we got into gear.

1682139126551.png

Weren't far off. Dees got out to a 3 goal lead halfway through the first term before we got into gear.

View attachment 1667151
That 2008 team summed up Melbourne. On paper the team looked perfectly capable. Yet they finished last with 3 wins and a percentage of 62.6. That makes them one of the worst teams in modern history with a team that should've pushed for finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back