Preview Round 24: Cats vs Dogs, Sat 26th August @ 7:25pm KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well deserved debut for Ted. Shown very handy attributes at VFL. His contested toughness is needed such reliance placed on Atkins. Hope he gets decent minutes (although not as result of another injury).

Prob deserves a full game imo.

Reward he's efforts

Conway, Knevitt, Clohesy, Demspey, Henry, Holmes... shame no Bruhn or Clark ....

but one is really getting a blinds up pants down look at the future in this game...

If the Dogs fail to win this ..it could cause an Oceans gate like implosion ... Pressure all on them.

and for the sake of a couple of spots ... just what would a win do for all all these young players on our list running into a big preseason.

Conway, Knevitt, Clohesy, Demspey, Henry, Holmes... shame no Bruhn or Clark ....

but one is really getting a blinds up pants down look at the future in this game...

If the Dogs fail to win this ..it could cause an Oceans gate like implosion ... Pressure all on them.

and for the sake of a couple of spots ... just what would a win do for all all these young players on our list running into a big preseason.
Even if we don't win, if we get something out of Clohesy, Conway, Neale, Knevitt and Dempsey they will get a hell of a lot of belief going into the preseason and maybe we see them as regulars next year. I really hope we get goals out of Neale and Dempsey. Bulldogs defence isn't great besides Jones who will be on Neale, could be one of those games where Dempsey kicks 4 or and makes himself known for next season.

Plus I am keen to see this new Menegola kid on the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

200 Plus games !!!- nothing beats the Blue Sky Hype on the Geelong forum
You're kidding right?

Sure, it varies from poster to poster, but for the most part we're more "He's **** until proven otherwise" than blind faith that everyone we have is a gun in waiting.

Clark was called a bust by many on here after one VFL game, Bruhn was called a dud before he'd even worn our jumper!! Just today we're saying Neale is too timid to make it!

Sometimes being overly positive (even if it's toungue-in-cheek) is needed to balance out some of the negative rubbish on here.

Even if we don't win, if we get something out of Clohesy, Conway, Neale, Knevitt and Dempsey they will get a hell of a lot of belief going into the preseason and maybe we see them as regulars next year. I really hope we get goals out of Neale and Dempsey. Bulldogs defence isn't great besides Jones who will be on Neale, could be one of those games where Dempsey kicks 4 or and makes himself known for next season.

That's my only wish, not even concerned about the result.

A big game from Neale and/or Dempsey will lift a few desks in the Geelong region for 2024.

I should re-word that. Ceglar out means we need another ruck. The question is, do they get another Ceglar who maybe plays 1-5 games when Conway or Stanley aren't available next season, or someone that plays anywhere between 5-15 games because Stanley is older and Conway is young and gets injured.
Because theres a big difference between those two types of players. We don't want the situation this year where end of the season we had no Stanley, no Conway and no Ceglar so had to use Neale and SDK in the ruck.

Under 30 and durable/athletic are my only requests.

This has been one of the weakest seasons I can remember, there is not one or two dominant teams heading into finals. So my disappointment comes from the fact going back to back is rare and this was a great chance to do it.

Whatever happened with our strength, conditioning and injury management has to be very seriously looked at because it got as bad as West Coast at multiple points during the year and they are a basket case and cleaning out their club as a result. We don't need to go that far, but something was seriously wrong.
From round 1 it was clear the team was not fit... I think the injuries are the result of poor/short preparation - partly due to the grand final putting us late into preseason and also the age of our list in many positions. I don't want to use the grand final win excuse because its actually quite rare for a team who wins a grand final to go on and miss the 8 next year.. So for me thats not good enough.

Ollie Henry to kick 6!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back