Preview Round 6 - Flag unfurling in GF rematch: Geelong vs Sydney, 22 April, 7:25pm @ HOME (KP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a bit of perspective we were 5-4 after 9 rounds last year and weren't setting the world on fire early.
I think last years 15 win streak was something that has seduced fans/media. And there is this yearly expectation for every premier is just to keep going in a new season.

This idea is frankly stupid.

The preseason is a 6 month pause on form and a huge reset.

It defies logic that there is an expectation on a premier to just keep marching on.

And It’s a long season, you definitely don’t need to be chasing streaks or even metrics at this time of year - that premiers usually have.

As long as you get yourself qualified for finals, and get your key metrics in order at the right time of the year - then you’re a big chance.

I almost prefer how Sydney set themselves up for the premiership last year. Just a build up at the end - and they had form at the right time.

I think last years 15 win streak was something that has seduced fans/media. And there is this yearly expectation for every premier is just to keep going in a new season.

This idea is frankly stupid.

The preseason is a 6 month pause on form and a huge reset.

It defies logic that there is an expectation on a premier to just keep marching on.

And It’s a long season, you definitely don’t need to be chasing streaks or even metrics at this time of year - that premiers usually have.

As long as you get yourself qualified for finals, and get your key metrics in order at the right time of the year - then you’re a big chance.

I almost prefer how Sydney set themselves up for the premiership last year. Just a build up at the end - and they had form at the right time.
Agree that this is the key. To do that you can’t lose touch early (like Port did last year - as an extreme example).

We need to keep around 50/50 through to the bye, then build. Next month of games is important for that. At start of the season I pencilled in as all wins…but now just need to make sure we split

I thought we had a very easy run from about R3 to the bye... So need to cash in on it because it'll get harder on the run home.

After the bye though we have more home games which helps.

After the bye though we have more home games which helps.
If we're still reasonably placed at the bye, I don't mind our chances of being fairly good from that point. Will hopefully be building some momentum, and I would hope we can win all the home games on offer.

Just have to look at banking at least five wins from the remaining seven before the bye, I figure.

I am hearing 1 and maybe 2 late changes.

In that case I assume Parf and simpson will play and Bruhn sub

Bruhn should be in the team. Parfitt should be sub or out of it.

Who are you hearing is out? My assumption is one of the older blokes probably smith or tuohy unless its someone like guthrie.

If we're still reasonably placed at the bye, I don't mind our chances of being fairly good from that point. Will hopefully be building some momentum, and I would hope we can win all the home games on offer.

Just have to look at banking at least five wins from the remaining seven before the bye, I figure.

Yeah thats where i sit too i think if we can get to the bye 6-6 or better (7/5 would be ideal) we have enough home games after that that we should play finals imo

I have a ticket to tonight’s game, section A28, Row Q, but unfortunately have come down with Covid and can’t (or shouldn’t maybe more like it) make it.

If anyone wants my ticket, it’s free to the first person to DM me :)

Hey guys what's the actual time of the flag unfurling? Cats media/marketing knocking out the park as usual showing the below on the website smh:

Pre-Match Timings​

• 6:45pm – Welcome to Country
  • 6:40pm – Be in your seats for the Premiership Flag Unfurling
  • 7:05pm – Light’s out and Geelong team entry
  • 7:18pm – ANZAC ceremony
  • 7:23pm – Coin toss
  • 7:25pm – Match commences

Last edited:
Hey guys what's the actual time of the flag unfurling? Cats media/marketing knocking out the park as usual showing the below on the website smh:

Pre-Match Timings​

• 6:45pm – Welcome to Country
  • 6:40pm – Be in your seats for the Premiership Flag Unfurling
  • 7:05pm – Light’s out and Geelong team entry
  • 7:18pm – ANZAC ceremony
  • 7:23pm – Coin toss
  • 7:25pm – Match commences

That looks pretty accurate for what's likely to happen tonight - 6:40pm time is what they've been advising all week

Ok, they have the 6:45pm Welcome to Country listed first (likely that someone forgot to move a line in the background), but surely that's a relatively minor issue and l one that doesn't seriously impact the ability to read & understand what's happening tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That looks pretty accurate for what's likely to happen tonight - 6:40pm time is what they've been advising all week

Ok, they have the 6:45pm Welcome to Country listed first (likely that someone forgot to move a line in the background), but surely that's a relatively minor issue and l one that doesn't seriously impact the ability to read & understand what's happening tonight
Wake me up when they start the footy:cool:

No need to be rude, just trying to see if it's welcome to country at 6.40 and then the unfurling at 6.45, or is welcome to country at 6.45 and the flag at 6.50?

Heading down early to have dinner with fam/friends so 10 minutes can be the difference between being there for it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back