Preview Round 6 - Flag unfurling in GF rematch: Geelong vs Sydney, 22 April, 7:25pm @ HOME (KP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Papley will lead MOC on a merry Irish jig I feel.... I hope im wrong and would luv Bews to be back but I reckon he's still in protocols.

Be happy for MOC to feed me a big hat and shut Papley down as you suggest.

GO Catters
what about Parfitt?

Papley will lead MOC on a merry Irish jig I feel.... I hope im wrong and would luv Bews to be back but I reckon he's still in protocols.

GO Catters
Not sure if he could handle Papley but MOC has been better this year. I read a great interview with him after last season (I think in an Irish newspaper) and he said he'd lost his sense of the purpose or meaning of playing football last year (which explains his somewhat average form) until the GF parade when he saw how much joy the game brought to people. He actually went on to play a cracking game in the GF and I've had that interview in mind as I've watched him this year and I reckon you can see he's got a new vibrancy and will for the game.

Last edited:
Before their 44pt win over the Tiges, the Swans were looking at losing 3 in a row after going 2-0 with wins over Gold Coast and Hawthorn. I'm not entirely sure their form is that great, better than ours but being at home, and with them having some significant outs, i think we should win this, and I'd be disappointed if we don't. For us to start getting our season on track, 3-3 is much better than 2-4 with the Bombers and Crows next to come, and then Richmond at the MCG which is a flip of the coin type match.

Before their 44pt win over the Tiges, the Swans were looking at losing 3 in a row after going 2-0 with wins over Gold Coast and Hawthorn. I'm not entirely sure their form is that great, better than ours but being at home, and with them having some significant outs, i think we should win this, and I'd be disappointed if we don't. For us to start getting our season on track, 3-3 is much better than 2-4 with the Bombers and Crows next to come, and then Richmond at the MCG which is a flip of the coin type match.
Agree with the bolded.
Games v Crows and Bombers and Tigers this year are no better than 50-50 with all our outs.

Richmond are down on form and personnel we really should beat them if we are a finals side.

Why did people think the fitness was just never going to come? Arguably it took until round 10 last year before we really saw it. This season we didn't win our "steal it at the death" effort vs Carlton like we did vs Collingwood early in 2022, but it's been fairly similar performance wise besides that. The run coming in bits and spurts. Next month should be a bit better.
I remember an interview with Kane Cornes some time about preseason fitness versus game fitness.

He said it was something like rounds 6-8 where the teams with a good preseason see the effect wear off while the teams with minimal preseason get match for around the same time

Richmond are down on form and personnel we really should beat them if we are a finals side.
So are we.
Flag players- Henry, Stengle, Stanley, Bews,
Menegola
Then Neale, Conway.
Our depth is being tested.
Our form is fickle at best. One quarter of brilliant footy a week has been great to watch, but is not sustainable for a tilt at top 4.

GO Catters
As long as he's doing the jig and not kicking goals 😙

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if he could handle Papley but MOC has been far better this year. I read a great interview with him after last season (I think in an Irish newspaper) and he said he'd lost his sense of the purpose or meaning of playing football last year (which explains his somewhat average form) until the GF parade when he saw how much joy the game brought to people. He actually went on to play a cracking game in the GF and I've had that interview in mind as I've watched him this year and I reckon you can see he's got a new vibrancy and will for the game.
Agree, O'Connor has been good and is becoming an essential player. He is developing a good engine. Anyone know how Oisin Mullin is going?

So are we.
Flag players- Henry, Stengle, Stanley, Bews,
Menegola
Then Neale, Conway.
Our depth is being tested.
Our form is fickle at best. One quarter of brilliant footy a week has been great to watch, but is not sustainable for a tilt at top 4.
The first 4 only matter for us, but Bews was out of form and MOC/Bowes are playing well. We have deep forward and back lines with others hitting form to protect against the loss of Henry and Stengle.

Lynch out for them is like Cameron for us.
Nankervis was in their top 3 performing players this season, now they are playing a kid as Soldo is also missing.
Tarrant and Gibcus as KPD's missing. Less than 5 gamers replacing them
Graham and Broad absent too.
Cotchin is giving them less than Dahlhaus in his last game.
Martin, unlike Dangerfield, struggling to impact games.

From a team that finished 11th and 7th the last two seasons, that is 15th now.

Agree, O'Connor has been good and is becoming an essential player. He is developing a good engine. Anyone know how Oisin Mullin is going?
Hammy at the moment

Go Catters

Sorry if it’s already been posted but Bews is officially ruled out - will be available v Essendon.

Papley is clearly their best chance of kicking a winning score with no Buddy, Amartey or Reid.. MOC to do some incredibly close checking please.

Sorry if it’s already been posted but Bews is officially ruled out - will be available v Essendon.

Papley is clearly their best chance of kicking a winning score with no Buddy, Amartey or Reid.. MOC to do some incredibly close checking please.
He does a lot of damage from stoppages now, even centre bounces. Maybe Atkins in midfield and MOC when he's stationed forward?

The first 4 only matter for us, but Bews was out of form and MOC/Bowes are playing well. We have deep forward and back lines with others hitting form to protect against the loss of Henry and Stengle.

Lynch out for them is like Cameron for us.
Nankervis was in their top 3 performing players this season, now they are playing a kid as Soldo is also missing.
Tarrant and Gibcus as KPD's missing. Less than 5 gamers replacing them
Graham and Broad absent too.
Cotchin is giving them less than Dahlhaus in his last game.
Martin, unlike Dangerfield, struggling to impact games.

From a team that finished 11th and 7th the last two seasons, that is 15th now.
True, reading that Tigers are in a bad way.

We are lucky at the moment that we will face Adelaide at home rather than away and Sydney/Richmond are seriously depleted. I'd be really disappointed to drop one of those games. Essendon in the middle at the G is a danger game.
Agree. Bombers strengths are our weaknesses at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back