Preview Round 22: Collingwood vs Geelong, Friday 11 August 7:50pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purely anecdotal but I do this whenever Kolo has the ball too. And if he kicks across the corridor or tries to hit up a short pass, everything turns slowmo for me and "Sound of Silence" starts ringing in my ears.
I thought I was the only one

He had some brilliant games last year, taking massive marks and playing on quickly, but he has regressed to darkness.

Id have preferred we go small than play Neale in all honesty, just dont think he's remotely AFL standard at this point, kicks the odd bag on rubbish VFL opposition but otherwise looks exceedingly average and think the Pies back 6 will make him look silly.

We looked Dangerous allowing Ollie to attack the footy as the second forward didn't particularly see a need to change that until Hawk was fully fit again.

I think we have put neale in so we have a 2nd ruck option in to give stanley a spell. But i get your point.

I don't think Neale has seen much ruck time in the VFL tbh.

I’d say Neale is a lock to back up ruck. The only options we have are SDK and Sav but Pies will always have a combo of McStay, Frampton and the resting ruck down there so you’d think they stay in defense all game. Rohan was done out of desperation recently

I’d say Neale is a lock to back up ruck. The only options we have are SDK and Sav but Pies will always have a combo of McStay, Frampton and the resting ruck down there so you’d think they stay in defense all game. Rohan was done out of desperation recently
Could be, but Geelong have not shied away from playing a few cm below a forward's height before, provided that the forward is not that good. McStay, Cox and Frampton are not, with respect, Collingwood's real threat up forward. That'd be Mihocek and Elliott.

I think we have put neale in so we have a 2nd ruck option in to give stanley a spell. But i get your point.
If that's the reason it defies any actual logic, Neale can't beat VFL Rucks and Sav and even SDK are miles better Rucks.

Darcy Cameron will be best on ground if Neale is going up against him.

If that's the reason it defies any actual logic, Neale can't beat VFL Rucks and Sav and even SDK are miles better Rucks.

Darcy Cameron will be best on ground if Neale is going up against him.

He had 11 hitouts in a half of AFL against Port last season, Id say he’d be just as competitive as Sav and SDK but tbh I haven’t watched much of his VFL games

Moore is going to zone off all game anyway, especially when theyve named Howe,Murphy and Frampton all in the same side.

The aim would be to try to force someone else in their team to be their loose player.

At the start of the Grandfinal we'd pull Stanley behind the to stand Franklin, he'd move to De Koining. Which made Henry our our loose player when we were pressing I50.

Similarly Clarke went to stand Stewart, so Tuohy played became Stewart when we were rebounding from D50.

He had 11 hitouts in a half of AFL against Port last season, Id say he’d be just as competitive as Sav and SDK but tbh I haven’t watched much of his VFL games
Yeah when Port had Finlayson and Dixon rucking who aren't a Ruckmans arsehole between them.

He also got absolutely smoked post ruck contest which we really can't afford to be doing against Collingwood.

Totally different prospect when the opposition actually has an AFL Level Ruckman aswell would just be setting up a kid to fail.

Yeah when Port had Finlayson and Dixon rucking who aren't a Ruckmans arsehole between them.

He also got absolutely smoked post ruck contest which we really can't afford to be doing against Collingwood.

Totally different prospect when the opposition actually has an AFL Level Ruckman aswell would just be setting up a kid to fail.

Fair point but tonight he would be rucking against Pies backup which looks like Billy Frampton. Could easily breakeven with him. Not like he’s getting thrown to the wolves agains Gawn/Grundy duo

Fair point but tonight he would be rucking against Pies backup which looks like Billy Frampton. Could easily breakeven with him
They hardly use a backup Darcy Cameron is an endurance beast who took 75 Ruck Contests last week.

Its a moot point anyway Sav will be the 2nd Ruck quite obviously, he Rucked the whole 2nd half of the VFL once Cegs went off while Neale was playing forward makes it fairly obvious what the pecking order will be.

Take it here Gameday!!

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back