Game Day Round 16, Sydney vs Geelong, Friday 30 June 7:50pm @ SCGT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong used their get out of gaol free card. That was the worst game of football Geelong has played this year. Smith, Duncan, Dangerfield could not have played worse. Turnovers, missed tackles, you name it, the Cats excelled in all those areas. You can tell the Geelong players know they dodged a bullet, they look pretty jovial back in the change rooms - 2 points is better than a bag of dirt.

Will gladly take a draw from that, Robbie Fox running into that goal, wow.

That said - Henry and Smith missed incredibly easy chances in the last two (Henry OOF and Smith dropping an uncontested mark 25m from goal).

If we'd had a crack in the first half we might've won and jumped to 5th.

Now we're clinging to 8th.
Adelaide (better %) and Richmond (worst % but half game behind...now a full game and %) are two of our rivals for last spots in the 8. Draw is useful for that and on the outside chance Brisbane or Melbourne drop a few games, % is no longer a factor with them too.

It's relevant for teams like Bulldogs, St Kilda and Essendon but in all likelihood we play them in an EF if we make it no matter where we finish 5th-8th.

We had our chances that last quarter, but didn't take them when on offer

Agree that rohan miss in the last qtr (although he was great) and a couple of others when we had the momentum cost us 2 points.

But still sydney should have won so ill take it.

If we win all our gmhba games the 2 points will be the difference in us making the 8 so it will be VERY useful.

Miers... Geezes his kicks are something else.. 1/10 it looks amazing but the rest of the time it somehow manages to go anywhere but where it should. Smith had the worst game I have ever seen him play. Duncan played like a player who retired 5 years ago... Happy to get 2 points because the reality is the Swans inability to kick a football between the sticks kept us in it.. Terrible game - up there with the worst skills I have seen between two teams in a long long time... Grand finalists from last year as well - how quickly things can turn to s**t. I guess the positive it that means it could potentially go the other way in the future? I think our lack of high draft picks is finally showing - our midfield is bottom 4 - backline playing with no cohesion and panicking - Hawkins on his last legs and our forwards have no structure or confidence at all. Terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Danger play on get worse every time you see it

Gets called play on despite an UMPIRE taking him out of his routine with less than 10 seconds left

This league tries to say it's professional but that is unforgivable
Agree. The midfield umpire was way out of line interfering in that situation. Leave it to the officiating umpire.

And where was the 5 second warning??

Autopsy (not review) thread now open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back