Preview Round 16, Sydney vs Geelong, Friday 30 June 7:50pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno i would have scored Fox rather well in the GF as well
He was alright. 20 touches, plenty of score involvements and a couple of late goals for a roaming Cameron. He made some nice spoils though.

Warner was a jet and the only one who ever threatened to swing things their way. It's 120 points on that day without him.

I count 8 defenders, 4 of them tall. If J.Henry isn't a permanent forward then it seems that set up that I've been told is "impossible" could be rolled out
I’d like anyone who said it was impossible to put their hand up. I haven’t seen that personally. I and others have said it won’t be the case if/when best 23 are available.

He was alright. 20 touches, plenty of score involvements and a couple of late goals for a roaming Cameron. He made some nice spoils though.

Warner was a jet and the only one who ever threatened to swing things their way. It's 120 points on that day without him.
That is my point though he kept Cameron goalless until the behind the back from Danger and a late one

To me that is a good game worth at least a 7/10

That is my point though he kept Cameron goalless until the behind the back from Danger and a late one

To me that is a good game worth at least a 7/10
Cameron should have had one early in the first too though. But you are correct 2nd and 3rd quarters he was really good on Jezza.

Honestly, thanks for that. I had both articles that stated that coaches wanted the change, and genuinely thought that they'd brought it into effect on the basis of what has been happening with other team announcements I've been paying attention to.

I couldn't find these prior team changes to show things one way or the other, so at least now I have confirmation. Must have been just a massive coincidence that the players I was paying attention to were then sub again the next week (literally more than 5 players off the top of my head).

Definitely got that one spectactuarly wrong, apologies to all for the misinformation (though not consciously doing so!)

These are the articles for anyone who wants to know why I was so adamant, yet so wrong, lol:

All good

It's something which has caused confusion over the course at least this season, and I've seen others interpret the team announcements along a similar line

As for the coaches, I'm not sure there's actually anything stopping them naming the sub on Thursday night - we've done that, especially when our sub is going to be a debutant, and it was either Rohan or Henry where they wasn't named sub on the night but Scott confirmed it at his press conference the next day

Sometimes it seems like coaches complaining just for the sake of complaining

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good

It's something which has caused confusion over the course at least this season, and I've seen others interpret the team announcements along a similar line

As for the coaches, I'm not sure there's actually anything stopping them naming the sub on Thursday night - we've done that, especially when our sub is going to be a debutant, and it was either Rohan or Henry where they wasn't named sub on the night but Scott confirmed it at his press conference the next day

Sometimes it seems like coaches complaining just for the sake of complaining
Honestly when they are naming teams if the AFL just said "hey you have to name a sub" the issue goes. Its really easy to solve.

Any chance Smith ever gets managed?
I know we just had a bye, but he's critical, and looked way below par last week
Surely he’s in line.

I’m just going by watching Kolo limp around for three quarters last week. Hard for me to believe he’s right to play.

I saw it.

"They just can't fit" has been used by a few.

It may revert later. But it is definitely a structure they are fine with.
Well they can’t… when selecting the best 23. 😎

Odds on are he plays forward with Sav back.

What will be interesting is how they fit all of Sav/Kolo/SDK and Henry in defence once Cameron is back.
Don't forget that's Henry x 2, because as we've seen with all of Hawkins, Cameron, Rohan, Stengle, Close & Miers available, Ollie's the one who's somewhat made way as a lock in that forward line & instead found himself as more of a utility that drifts forward

I’d like anyone who said it was impossible to put their hand up. I haven’t seen that personally. I and others have said it won’t be the case if/when best 23 are available.
I'm pretty sure it was more along the lines of, "how do you balance the defence if selecting all of SDK, Kolodjashnij, J. Henry & Ratugolea"

This will be the second time this season those 4 have been named in the same team, but like our match against GWS, we're missing a key forward option - against GWS there was no Rohan which saw SDK play forward in the first half, he swapped with Jack. H in the third quarter and only in the last after Ratugolea went off injured did both Sam & Jack play in defence

This week we have no Cameron up forward, and could well still be a question mark over Kolodjashnij's availability - but even if JK does play, it's likely we see Jack or even Sam spending extending time forward tomorrow night

So we still won't necessarily get an answer to the question of how all 4 will work alongside each other in the same backline

I refuse to believe the Swans will let us belt them again.
I’m expecting this to be close.
Have the same feeling, and if they win, they sit above us on the ladder- real 8 point game for us if we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back