Game Day Round 16, Sydney vs Geelong, Friday 30 June 7:50pm @ SCGT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in those last six games, two is the most he's kicked.
Pretty sure he's never kicked more then four against (could be wrong about that) and that was fairly early in his career.

I think it was our 2020 clash I was thinking of - I didn't have time to check the stats this morning, but have done so just now. He was playing on O'Connor (frustrating all Geelong fans that Bews was never moved onto him), and he kicked 2.5 for the match, and trying to remember it was him who had the last kick/snap of the match which Blicavs smothered

For some reason I was thinking he kicked 5 goals and not just 5 behinds, such was his dominance up forward but it ultimately didn't hurt us

I think it was our 2020 clash I was thinking of - I didn't have time to check the stats this morning, but have done so just now. He was playing on O'Connor (frustrating all Geelong fans that Bews was never moved onto him), and he kicked 2.5 for the match, and trying to remember it was him who had the last kick/snap of the match which Blicavs smothered

For some reason I was thinking he kicked 5 goals and not just 5 behinds, such was his dominance up forward but it ultimately didn't hurt us

You have a better memory then me, I can hardly remember the match up's from a few weeks back let alone three years ago. :think:

I do remember O'Çonnor playing on Bolton last year though, and almost having a conniption that he wasn't moved, luckily it didn't cost us that time either.

I agree about henry back and they would be mad to change as he is just hitting his straps. I think they are going to experiment with the back 6. Play all of them believing Kolo and Henry can play smaller. Wouldn’t be surprised if they play stewart wing for a period

Against the right opponent I can see that being an option they'd try and a potential win for us - and honestly, it's something we should maybe try a bit more when Stewart is getting tied down in defence, not having the freedom he likes & getting frustrated, such as we saw against Port

I think it also opens up a better spot for ER in defence where he can play as a tall flanker, intercepting defender option and seems to allow him to play with more freedom to go for his intercept marks. We know he's currently learning the defensive side of his game, but he looks more nervous the close he gets to goal & in a one out situation that potentially turn into a wrestling match - often not a favourite of any defender

If it's more helpful with his reading of the game and development as a defender, then I'd rather see him that bit further away from goal with a bit more freedom with his he can approach things

It's strange. I generally have a small inkling of how the result will play out but today I have no feeling of a positive or negative result.

It's strange. I generally have a small inkling of how the result will play out but today I have no feeling of a positive or negative result.
Draw?

From the preview thread catstragic said:

Theyve got a better mid unit though and thats where the game will be decided. If we can break even with there we win(ive been saying that alot this season). Warner out is huge for us given that point.

If they have a better mid unit they are doing a nice job of hiding it. We have destroyed them in the midfield the past two times we played them and they are missing arguably their best mid from previous encounters (Warner) this time.

If we only break even in the mids we might be in trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have our 3 best players out.
Our best 3? I guess that depends on opinions of our best 3 but We’ve had far more than that out every week and while jez was playing he wasn’t exactly lighting the world on fire of late. With danger back we’re really only missing jez and Guthrie. This is one of our stronger teams we’ve fielded this year.

Have no idea what will happen tonight. I know nothing.
mr narrins GIF

Smug Swans score-fest smiles to be swiped
Suffocated by Cats scrooge scoring stranglers
Been a while, but Cats are approaching full strength.
Bringing fierce determination, unlike the Eagles tankers.
Cameron is out, but offset by a complete defensive unit.
Timely return of Esava provides a few options at CHF
Midfield is strengthened by Danger and Stanley
Releasing attention on Atkins and Bruhn to flourish.
Last time we met, Cats had a seven goal scoring spree.
Let's hope history repeats.

cat sly smug.gif

dream_TradingCard (23).jpg dream_TradingCard (2).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back